• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fellowships [Fellowships] Detailed Fellowship Notifications and Additional Information

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Summary
Implement a detailed notification system for Fellowship notifications and administration. (Could be done together with the notification system overhaul idea).

Description
1- Notifications for following information:
  • Invitation accepted (already implemented)
  • Invitation declined (the player declined your invitiation / the player joined another FS)
  • Invitation expired
  • fellow left the FS
  • fellow was expelled by X
  • X changed the FS name / description / recruiting settings.
There could be an additional tab on the notification window for all the above FS activities.

2- On the “Aspirants” tab, we should be able to see the inviter next to the invited.

3- On an additional tab, all fellows or only the archmage and mage should be able to see the activity level of all the fellows. Starting from the 24th hour, there should be counting clock showing how long the fellow has been inactive. (after 24 hrs, x days and y hrs or just days)

4- An additonal tab that the Archmage and mages can use as FS bulletin board where they can put announcements and notifications for the fellows like "Fellowship Rules and Solidarity" etc.

Motivation
Would improve Fellowship bonding/player engagement. Would also be more user friendly and would benefit Fellowship Mages and Archmage in their administrative tasks.

Possible downsides
Developer's time and might mean higher server load (more notifications = more server requests).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser800

+1 from me. Like this very much.

There is another information i miss in the fellowships menu: which fellow already received help from me.

Would be nice if the "shake hands" symbol our neighbors display after visiting them would be displayed in the fellowship menu, too.

DeletedUser

Well done, semra: I was doing the same to inform Agunsil about ;)

DeletedUser

I agree with you semra: that's the reason for which each time it's possible, I try to address to specific link players who have interesting ideas but which are already suggested as similar by others :);)
Only in this way, we can take Elvenar to excellent results ;)

DeletedUser

Super agree it is a very needed feature we need know information about what is happening in fellowship. Thoose notifications instead of shown as notifications could be stored in an additional tab in the fellowship menu called "history" for example.

Edition: Also a notification when someone edits the fellowship name, description or recruiting settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yes, Terek, it's just as some players've suggested here: if we'd have that detailed menu, we could know a lot of additional informations about our Fellowship and our fellows, so we can take under control almost each things'll happen around us and I find all of that really interesting and really helpful! :rolleyes:

DeletedUser118

1, 2 and 4 are ok but I refuse 3. I'm not really a friend of being a "watchdog" over my other fellows. If they wanna be offline for a while its up to them. In our fellowship most of the time fellow players are announcing that they are not around for a while and that is totally fine with me. You will notice somebody's gone longer than a day anyway once you haven't recieve NH from him/her.

Marindor

1, 2 and 4 are ok but I refuse 3. I'm not really a friend of being a "watchdog" over my other fellows. If they wanna be offline for a while its up to them. In our fellowship most of the time fellow players are announcing that they are not around for a while and that is totally fine with me. You will notice somebody's gone longer than a day anyway once you haven't recieve NH from him/her.

It would be up to the Fellowship leader(s) to decide their own policy on that, of course. I play multiple games myself and am in guilds/fellowships where the leaders don't mind me being absent for a while when I'm busy. :)

DeletedUser118

It would be up to the Fellowship leader(s) to decide their own policy on that, of course. I play multiple games myself and am in guilds/fellowships where the leaders don't mind me being absent for a while when I'm busy. :)

I know what you mean. Played some games like that as well. Though, as soon as there was a possibility to see how active a player was, it put pressure onto the players to be always active or being kicked out from the group. And I know this will happen sooner or later if this gets implemented that way.

DeletedUser1596

I am lucky to be in a fellowship, where most of us have been there since the beginning of elvenar time :) This feature wouldn't be of any use to us.

DeletedUser1817

I really do not think this is a priority and it would add to the already sometimes overloaded notifications list...

Marindor

Unfortunately this idea didn't meet it's minimum requirements of 20 voters and 80% of the voters in favor of the idea. Therefore we will now have to archive it :)