• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Fellowships Adventure: Time left until the end of the adventure

Quercus

Game version: v1.122-beta.2-(cf08789) - html5 (2021-01-14 22:25)
HTML5 Yes/No: Yes
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Chrome 87.0.4280.141
Flash Player version: ---
Operating System or Mobile Device: Windows 10 * 64
Screen resolution: 1920 * 1080
Account name: Quercus
Humans or Elves: Humans

Reproducibility: 5/5

Quest title: Fellowships Adventure

Current situation:
The time until the end of the Adventure is shown in different ways on the city page and on the Adventure map

Expected situation:
Same time

Reproduction Steps
1. Open the city. View the time until the end of the Adventure on the entry icon on the Adventure map
2. Go to the Adventure map. See time left for Adventure

Time of FA 1.jpgTime of FA 2.jpg

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
this is indeed not a bug, but implemented as designed.
We could all agree it might be a design flaw, but nonetheless this does not make it a bug.

I would recommend giving your toughts about this specific issue in the feedback thread about Fellowship adventure, so this might be forwarded to the inhouse team.

Pauly7

this is indeed not a bug, but implemented as designed.
This doesn't bother me like it does some. Nonetheless, I find it pretty hard to believe that it was "implemented as designed". It was just implemented sloppily. That doesn't mean they would have intended the clocks to be inconsistent with each other.

Aeva

I don't see the issue. But indeed, if it bothers anyone put in the thread for feedback.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
This doesn't bother me like it does some. Nonetheless, I find it pretty hard to believe that it was "implemented as designed". It was just implemented sloppily. That doesn't mean they would have intended the clocks to be inconsistent with each other.
If i remember correctly it was implemented as in the second screenshot everywhere at first. Later on they made improvements to one place so you can see more detail (as in screenshot 1).
You can argue that its sloppy to only change one of the clocks instead of changing all of them, but that still does not make this a bug. There is not something wrong now that was different 1 week, 1 month or 1 year ago.

Pauly7

Regardless, it doesn't bother me in the slightest anyway. I have my own clocks. :)

There's a guy on EN who's made it his life's work for the past year to try to get them to change it though.

Lelanya

Sorry but what do you think Sir Derf has been doing for the last 16 months??? Giving feedback. The CM on EN claims that folks file tickets every FA, and launch bug reports. But still this gets ignored.

SoggyShorts

Elvenar has the absolute strangest development team.
I mean who cares if it's technically a bug or not?

Which is better, the countdown with hours and minutes, or the one that only shows the number of full days remaining?
The hourly one, so we changed it.​
Is it possible to change the other clock too?
Yes, easily.

Are you going to change it?
No.​
facepalmpc.png

Hexy Agogo

A "bug" or inconsistency in in game clocks reporting times means the developers have tasks that will increase loyalty within their user base.

A quickly fixed bug increases brand loyalty and quickly harmonised in game time recorders minimizes frustration especially in newer players. A frustrated new player is one at increased risk of non-engagement with the game.

Both tasks are important for the development team to allocate to staff and correct in a timely manner.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Sorry but what do you think Sir Derf has been doing for the last 16 months??? Giving feedback. The CM on EN claims that folks file tickets every FA, and launch bug reports. But still this gets ignored.
I'm sorry to hear that it gets ignored, but that is totally out of my control.

So if you're all well aware that this is feedback, and even know it has been forwarded as feedback more then once. Then why still make a bug report about it? It just wastes everyone's time arguing about it.

If it has been forwarded as feedback for over a year now, that means either they won't change it, or its on their todo list, but on low priority.
Maybe your CM can put it on higher priority if you keep asking about it, but a seperate bug report won't change a thing, since it will just be linked to the already existing task.

Hexy Agogo

Kersepitje... please understand we like and respect the team that support us here on the forums.

We also understand resources are always scare in any growth business in the development team.

I'm suggesting that the manager in the development team who is responsible for scheduling workflow simply gives us an estimated time that the change can be managed. I also read back and asked that question today in the en1 forum where the lobbying for this rational change started.

The moderators, community managers and all the members really do an exceptional job keeping these forums really civil.

galrond

Elvenar has the absolute strangest development team.
I mean who cares if it's technically a bug or not?

Which is better, the countdown with hours and minutes, or the one that only shows the number of full days remaining?
The hourly one, so we changed it.​
Is it possible to change the other clock too?
Yes, easily.

Are you going to change it?
No.​
View attachment 8553
Spot on