• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fellowships Fellowship Leadership

DeletedUser880

If there is only one Archmage in a Fellowship and he/she stops playing I don't believe there is currently a way for one or more of the remaining players in the Fellowship to take over?

At present it seems the only option would be for all active players to leave and form a new Fellowship.

This may not be a major issue now but will be if Fellowships carry out combined quests for the benefit of all team members only for these to be effectively lost if the sole Archmage leaves without the possibility of replacement.

Clearly it is good governance for a Fellowship to have more than 1 Archmage but this will not always be the case and even with 2 the players may (choose to) stop playing at the same time.

I believe there needs to be a defined way, even if through Support, for another player in a Fellowship to be promoted to Archmage if the sole or all existing Archmages have been inactive for a period (maybe 2 weeks).

I would suggest the protocol for elevation to Archmage should be:-
1. Ambassador (if active)
2. Mage (if active)
3. Player raising the issue.

DeletedUser283

there is a process on FoE to cope with the disappearance of the founder of a guild :
-a new founder can be appointed automatically, or
-members can organize an election on the guild forum under scrutiny of the support to elect a new founder;

the bottom line is an archmage who stops playing without informing her/his fellowship and taking appropriate action beforehand is a very low kind of lifeform ;)

DeletedUser880

I understand from Support that if someone leaves the game they will be replaced as Archmage when they are removed from the server - I quote the reply given to me:-

'Yes, there is a system in place that will replace an Archmage if they are removed from the server due to inactivity. The game programming should automatically promote a Mage to fill the position.'

This will take several months and does not address the problem. The process in FoE would be fine but there is no scope for voting yet in Elvenar and I don't know if this is planned.

I believe this is something that the developers need to address if the work of Fellowship members is to be protected when the Fellowship quests are introduced.