• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fellowships Fellowship game play

Dollarbang

For personal reasons, I left a msg with the fellowship that I wouldn't be playing for the foreseeable future.

When i retuned to play the game I noticed that chats were cleared and there was only one msg in mail. I also noticed I wasn't in a fellowship too. I msg'd the archmage to find out why, and the response was that no players had removed me. The archmage sent me request to join the fellowship and I accepted. All of the mail and chats were back.

I was out about 8 days. Is there code in the Beta world to eliminate a player in fellowship that stopped playing?
If so then have the system send a msg via mail when a player is removed. also add this capability to the standard worlds, this option would help the archmages in deciding what to do with a player that stopped playing.

Karvest

A message thread that was created using "send to FS" checkmark is visible only for those who are in this FS. Those who for whatever reason left that FS loose access to such threads, even if they are thread starters.
There is no auto-kick of inactive player, either you yourself left FS, or some FS officer done that. You receive notification about it, but it would be crowded out by NH notifications sooner or later.

Pauly7

@Marindor could you tell us if there is anything to this please as I have heard the same thing from another source and it has been touted as a change that has just been implemented on Beta. I've nothing against the idea of inactive players being auto-kicked from Fellowships, if it is the case, but I wonder about the time scale. If it were to happen after a week or so then everyone who goes on holiday will be removed from their teams.

Martia

I don't think that there is an automatism working, because in our fellowship (Dollarbang and I are in the same) is one player already marked as inactive on elvenstats and is still in the fellowship. If inactive players would be kicked out automatically than this player would/should be kicked off too.

Lelanya

Right? The simplest explanation is often the best. Someone read 'cannot play' and pulled up their boots. Sorry hon.

Martia

Possible, but we have only three mages besides the archmage, two of them didn't know why Dollarbang got kicked off and I cannot think why the others should do it, maybe by accident.

Pauly7

The other person that can do it is the player himself. Someone could've done it accidentally. Stranger things have happened. However, the reason for my query is that someone told me they'd been informed by Support, when queried, that they've implemented a new auto-kick feature on Beta and that is what has happened.

Alcaro

However, the reason for my query is that someone told me they'd been informed by Support, when queried, that they've implemented a new auto-kick feature on Beta and that is what has happened.
If this feature exists why would we even have Arch Mages and Mages?!! Then the game decides who must be booted, no matter what the fellowship wants or decides. I truly hope that such thing doesn't exists and if they have it in their mind to forget about it ASAP.

little bee

I don't think that there is an automatism working, because in our fellowship (Dollarbang and I are in the same) is one player already marked as inactive on elvenstats and is still in the fellowship. If inactive players would be kicked out automatically than this player would/should be kicked off too.
Elvenstats has not data on how long ago someone last logged in. It just determines activity by an increase in points. Theoretically, a player could log in 5 times a day to collect goods, but as long as they don't build anything or scout their points won't increase and elvenstats will flag them as inactive.

Pauly7

Elvenstats has not data on how long ago someone last logged in. It just determines activity by an increase in points. Theoretically, a player could log in 5 times a day to collect goods, but as long as they don't build anything or scout their points won't increase and elvenstats will flag them as inactive.
I'm presuming, though, that Elvenstats also includes whether someone has scored tournament points.