• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

Mia Elven

I totally agree, but there is recipes that give 9 VV that I frequently use as part of the game and I had to match them with some other small recipe that just wasted resources, so this is better.
Why can’t just the VV collected accumulate and for every 9 VV you get a badge? So f.e. If you get 23 VV you get 2 bagdes and have 5 VV allready for next badge.
Regarding bracelets, would be ok if it was even lower or if you could count all basic factories.

Jackluyt

You are welcome to share our FA Note and Spreadsheet with your friends who do not play in Beta!
https://tinyurl.com/yxsvyebf

88248310_10216097712216200_362686769553997824_n.jpg

SoggyShorts

Why can’t just the VV collected accumulate and for every 9 VV you get a badge? So f.e. If you get 23 VV you get 2 bagdes and have 5 VV allready for next badge.
It can, exactly like how vision vapor works for getting the mysterious objects, and this is how ALL badges should work so that you can simply collect everything in your city and get all of the badges that you have earned.
Then you use your co-ordination, strategy, and teamwork to plan and set your next productions.

Sadly, the developers don't really play the game and somehow think that the collection process should be careful and tedious so that "players don't get badges for free/by accident". The reality is that no one is completing tournament encounters "by accident", no one is crafting "by accident", and no one set 48 hour productions "by luck".

@InnoGames The strategy, teamwork, activity, and planning all happen during the setting productions phase, there is no value added to the game by making the collection process annoying.

Deleted User - 81190

@InnoGames The strategy, teamwork, activity, and planning all happen during the setting productions phase, there is no value added to the game by making the collection process annoying.
Oh, don't worry, they work on making setting production annoying, too. In chapter 17 you can be starting up several dozens of small ships, maybe over as short as 15 min intervals - one by one. One by freaking one.

Imagine FA with only treant badges, except you're doing it all by yourself and for several weeks if not months, and you don't get an option of starting all productions simultaneously with a couple of clicks that you can do with workshops.

CrazyWizard

Oh, don't worry, they work on making setting production annoying, too. In chapter 17 you can be starting up several dozens of small ships, maybe over as short as 15 min intervals - one by one. One by freaking one.

Imagine FA with only treant badges, except you're doing it all by yourself and for several weeks if not months, and you don't get an option of starting all productions simultaneously with a couple of clicks that you can do with workshops.

why you think I started to dislike FA's that much,
It's not only the destruction of city's, it's also the boring dwarven and treant badges in the old days.

Pauly7

It can, exactly like how vision vapor works for getting the mysterious objects, and this is how ALL badges should work so that you can simply collect everything in your city and get all of the badges that you have earned.
Then you use your co-ordination, strategy, and teamwork to plan and set your next productions.

Sadly, the developers don't really play the game and somehow think that the collection process should be careful and tedious so that "players don't get badges for free/by accident". The reality is that no one is completing tournament encounters "by accident", no one is crafting "by accident", and no one set 48 hour productions "by luck".

It's such a good point and I hope Inno are reading this. The joy of FA would be much greater if it weren't an exercise in carefully clicking and collecting in the exact right order. I don't think it would detract from the competition at all if they made this change.

Lelanya

Lol
You are not convincing me to move on with Chapter 16 no, no, not at all. There is the gross Fairy Ambassador I loathe seeing in my advisors window, a ridiculously large settlement, a nasty tournament slam, followed by more of the same.

For FA feedback I have this: the Adventures are supposed to be about teamwork, not forcing cities to bankrupt themselves crafting Residue. My 4+ year old cities will be fine, but not most of the others.

CrazyWizard

For FA feedback I have this: the Adventures are supposed to be about teamwork, not forcing cities to bankrupt themselves crafting Residue. My 4+ year old cities will be fine, but not most of the others.

how do you do that?
I do understand "destroying your city" and whatnot.
But going bankrupt crafting? how would you go "bankrupt"?

the buildings are there, you can stock spells and spellfragments that have no other use than crafting during the interbellum.
At wordt we are talking about some time boosters of you are really into it?

bankrupt? how?

maxiqbert

how do you do that?

the buildings are there, you can stock spells and spellfragments that have no other use than crafting during the interbellum.

bankrupt? how?
using up time instants?

edeba

Yup, unless you like torture, it is a good idea to quit before chapter 17. It is a highly regressive chapter that they really had to work at to make it everything that people dislike about the game.

Pauly7

how do you do that?
Easily.

Well, bankrupt may be a strong word, but it's very easy to smash through all of the time instants and CCs you might have been saving up, not to mention diamonds flipping the recipes.

The biggest problems here do not affect the majority, so in Inno style that means they are not concerned. With perhaps a little bit of tweaking they can make it so everyone can complete three paths and collect their artefacts, without having too much of a detrimental effect, but for anyone who wants to play the game to compete near the top, then now the only way to do this is to be willing to spend more of the above resources (and diamonds) than the other top teams, in order to make the most Arcane Residues.

Fellowship Adventure, above other things in this game, should be about competing with other teams, not just be about going through the motions to reach the finish line. If you take away the competition it's a non-event.

That one badge destroys FA as a competition because it comes down to who wishes (or is able) to spend the most. In my Live team we managed 4th place last time round. It was a titanic effort from everyone, but we weren't close to the top three. If that was because we weren't quite organised enough, didn't plan well enough, didn't create enough space for manus, etc, etc, I wouldn't have a problem. The difference, though, between us and the "podium" spots, was who had made the most Arcane Residues. Now I'm not saying we would have beaten them without the residue badge, but at least there's a chance that it's a more fair fight.

I know some of you may be thinking (@CrazyWizard) that all the other badges can be won by spending diamonds and time boosters too, but it's a little bit different. Sure, some teams spent diamonds, and that's fine, but for the most part it was about whether people had planned the right strategy to have all the right badges at the right times. With the new system it comes down to "Well we were just 300 Residue badges short and we had boat loads of everything else".

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it - Take that badge out of the pit rotation (and possibly the bracelet) and the competition goes back to normal.

Karvest

Not back to normal, but back to destroy your town and fill it with lvl1 buildings. Bracelets are fine, just may be change it to any tier production (with increased amount needed as well).

Pauly7

Not back to normal, but back to destroy your town and fill it with lvl1 buildings. Bracelets are fine, just may be change it to any tier production (with increased amount needed as well).
I'm not saying that destroying whole cities was good, but it's preferable to the current set-up because there's nothing you can practically do to give yourself an edge with Arcane Residue badges. Teams near the top have everyone crafting everything in sight... but that's not enough. Not by a long shot. So the sole way to do better is to spend more boosts and diamonds.

In part the players themselves create the problem. Inno can look at figures and say, "well, everyone can just craft the same reasonable amount", but we all know that it doesn't work like that between teams wanting to beat each other. The only ways to solve it are to a) take the residue out of the bottomless pit or b) make it much harder to produce other badges.

edeba

It's such a good point and I hope Inno are reading this. The joy of FA would be much greater if it weren't an exercise in carefully clicking and collecting in the exact right order. I don't think it would detract from the competition at all if they made this change.
This has been so gone over and somewhere I did see a response that the programming was too difficult to figure this out, but overall, even though it was very clear in all of the complaints about the FA that the players felt it would be much better if everything we collected showed up and then after we were finished doing our collections and resetting our city, we go to the FA interface and make our badges from what we just collected. So, for the new encounter badges, well, if they set it up with common sense, we'd be able to play our 20 provinces, go to the interface and make 6 or 7 badges, depending if there was any over flow from earlier. Instead, it is do three, exit, collect a badge, go back to where you were. It was designed with a lot of picky playing.

how do you do that?

bankrupt? how?
I really felt that to make enough I was needing to do wasteful things that I would not do during normal game play. And that was just a test to have an idea of what it would be like to compete to win. It left little enthusiasm for that. I have 6 libraries out in my live game now to build up CC, but I still don't want to use them on useless stuff.

edeba

Agree here, with the changes, they went the wrong way doubling the farmer requirement instead of cutting the blacksmith requirement in half. 5 bs is 20 squares, 3 t1 is 6 squares for the necklace. I think they should have left the farmer and taken the blacksmith down to just 2 so it would only take 8 squares. As designed, the BS requires more than 3x the resources of the necklace.

edeba

In part the players themselves create the problem. Inno can look at figures and say, "well, everyone can just craft the same reasonable amount", but we all know that it doesn't work like that between teams wanting to beat each other. The only ways to solve it are to a) take the residue out of the bottomless pit or b) make it much harder to produce other badges.
How about just making it any MA recipe.

little bee

The biggest problems here do not affect the majority, so in Inno style that means they are not concerned.
The residues do not only not concern the mayority, they pose a problem exclusively for those competing for top 10. In my live world even reaching top 20 only took 20 rounds in the pit. And that comes to down to two residues per player and day which is perfectly reasonable without using timeboosters or diamonds.

If anything, I would like to see more of these natural badges. In particular a gather x amounts of supplies badge instead of either farmers or blacksmiths.