• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

Karvest

They can change it at any moment. Only official announcement would be valid confirmation. (and even after that it can be delayed due to some technical issues)

Lissona

We were able to finish the FA (round 3, only one way each) 1.5 hours before the end (the first time we have ever done round 3).
About 12 of our members had time to participate (I'm not a representative of the average of our members - everyone but me is still buzzing around in the early days of the game).

Since it is a FA, the focus is on as many as possible actively participating - ideally all 25.
If all 25 participate, then in my opinion it is more than easy to finish the FA (one way at a time).

If you want to fight for points and end up in the top XX - yes, it has become much more difficult to collect many points. But that's it for everybody and therefore it is balanced again, isn't it?

Graine

I wish we have a FA which doesn't require any extra (temporary) building.
Lowering the number of badges, replacing some with quantities instead of numbers of a type of production, removing some (like 1 and 2 day production). I hated FA from the start (and now even more) because, even having plenty of Teleport spells, I Do NOT Like to dismantle my city for an event with lame rewards. Make the rewards BE rewards, something that I must say "WOW, I need this!!!!" and I might be convinced to teleport stuff and keep in inventory some T1 fully upgraded, ready to replace some T2 and T3s.

I really NEED a Love button! for comments like this :-D

Graine

During the tournament, I found I was able to make up to 3 different badges, and I had no issues with creating ghost badges throughout. I even ended up with a few leftover. We made it to the PIT with 6 mins to spare; and we managed to complete an extra chest during the tournament so not bad given not everyone played. Overall, other than the bracelets (tripped us up), we did very well.
Lots of down time though...I wouldn't mind seeing the come back of the treants (for example) to keep me busy when I have nothing else going on and I'm waiting for other productions. I don't mind a pile of workshops plunked in and around my beautiful city. Overall I guess I'd give this FA an 7.5 out of 10 stars.

Last edited:

Aeva

If you want to fight for points and end up in the top XX - yes, it has become much more difficult to collect many points.
It's not about the points. It is about the fun working together as a team and cheering and joking in the chat and having a lot of teambuilding because of the fun we have together. In my FS on live even the most grumpy 'I hate the FSA' is working with everybody else because we are contagious and so is the fun. We do that by completing all routes on all maps and plunging into the pits.

Lissona

It is about the fun working together as a team and cheering and joking in the chat and having a lot of teambuilding because of the fun we have together.
That is exactly what happened to us. Just to have successfully mastered round 3 at all...

Enevhar Aldarion

It's not about the points. It is about the fun working together as a team and cheering and joking in the chat and having a lot of teambuilding because of the fun we have together. In my FS on live even the most grumpy 'I hate the FSA' is working with everybody else because we are contagious and so is the fun. We do that by completing all routes on all maps and plunging into the pits.

Being forced to sit in the game for a hour or two straight, shoving garbage into the Pit is not my idea of fun, especially when being in the Pit happens on the weekend and there are more important real world things to be doing. That is why I was so glad that things went mostly dead on Saturday night after everyone ran out of the Ghost badges that could not be made in between the end of the tournament Saturday and the start of the Spire Sunday.

SoggyShorts

you need only 52 bracelets to finish one path on all maps, even with 10 members that's just one bracelet per day...
Great point, except that is also the amount of Statues needed, and I did that all by myself, 5 minutes after the FA started.
So, 10 players x 6 days vs 1 player x 0 days
How is that balanced?
lot of FS just don't like to teleport whole cities, fill it with lvl1 trash and click gazillion times to be competitive for prizes that not worth such effort => stick to 1 path per map and ignore the rest. New bracelets is a very good change exactly due to it's being a limiting factor. And I'd be very happy if other lvl1-building-badges will be gone as well, replaced by something that is actually needed in normal gameplay.
I keep trying to figure out why you think having massive amounts of permanent excessive T1 buildings is good but a temporary L1 turd town is bad and now I see it:
We managed to close 35 full cycles of pit = 175 of each badge, without any preparation for bracelets (nobody built any additional T1 in advance, on live there is still time to prepare more of them) and with few players missing.
This badge basically locks out normal fellowships and guarantees yours a top 3 finish. Nice.

Karvest

52 statues x0 days is the flaw of old system, I don't find it good as it is.
I don't think that my production of T1 is excessive (my stash of T1 still can't catch up other tiers).
If you look at final stats, there was no guarantee for top 3 at all.
"Normal fellowship" is a wide term. But I think that active FS with high tournament/spire participation and with higher overall production (I don't mean absolute numbers, but normalized by chapter) should have higher chances to win FA than FS able to demolish their cities in sake of lvl1 turd and click there for the whole week.

maxiqbert

Great point, except that is also the amount of Statues needed, and I did that all by myself, 5 minutes after the FA started.
So, 10 players x 6 days vs 1 player x 0 days
How is that balanced?

I keep trying to figure out why you think having massive amounts of permanent excessive T1 buildings is good but a temporary L1 turd town is bad and now I see it:

This badge basically locks out normal fellowships and guarantees yours a top 3 finish. Nice.
that's just mean and rude!

we finished first just as we finished first with the old system.
We were having trouble with statues, in the end, but we still got stuck on bracelets.
The requirement for those is too high, period.

SoggyShorts

52 statues x0 days is the flaw of old system, I don't find it good as it is.
I agree, but even if I started those badges after the FA started, that'd be 52 in 48 h, or 26 per day compared to my 1 bracelet per day. Still totally unbalanced.
that's just mean and rude!
but is it wrong? I'm just trying to point out that something that favors the top 1% of players while making it less enjoyable for the other 99% is probably not great.

Last edited:

Karvest

I agree, but even if I started those badges after the FA started, that'd be 52 in 48 h, or 26 per day compared to my 1 bracelet per day. Still totally unbalanced.
I'd prefer the balancing to the other side - to lower amount of badges that can be produced/needed. Or just leave it as it is, making it useless to overproduce at one side and easy to produce enough at other side. Same as Elvarian Guards badge, that wasn't even changed to reflect x3 queues.
but is it wrong? I'm just trying to point out that something that favors ~75 players per server while making it less enjoyable for the other 99% is probably not great.
Are you sure with your numbers? I don't know anybody except few FA maniacs making 150k points who liked that clickfest.

maxiqbert

but is it wrong? I'm just trying to point out that something that favors the top 1% of players while making it less enjoyable for the other 99% is probably not great.
you basically say you know what's good, and those who disagree have an agenda. That's not OK.

Back on topic, I don't think the way it works now is carrying any fun. But I can see more people participating because they can. so meh

SoggyShorts

I'd prefer the balancing to the other side - to lower amount of badges that can be produced/needed. Or just leave it as it is, making it useless to overproduce at one side and easy to produce enough at other side. Same as Elvarian Guards badge, that wasn't even changed to reflect x3 queues.
Reducing the other badges improves the balance, so yes that's good BUT fewer total badges isn't likely to increase the fun for normal 99% fellowships, is it?
Are you sure with your numbers? I don't know anybody except few FA maniacs making 150k points who liked that clickfest.
I never said anything about liking a clickfest, and I'm in no way promoting one.
you basically say you know what's good, and those who disagree have an agenda. That's not OK.
No, I'm saying that various perspectives should be considered, not just those of the elite.
I'm personally fine with the FA as is, I can get all of the rewards easily enough, but I'm actually trying to think about how others will feel and to provide feedback that will increase the enjoyment for the highest number of players.
Be offended all you want, it won't change that.

Karvest

I never said anything about liking a clickfest, and I'm in no way promoting one.
But you promote making more badges, which is actually = increase amount of clicking. And the amount of clicking required to be competitive was the main reason why most of my friends ignored old FAs.

SoggyShorts

But you promote making more badges, which is actually = increase amount of clicking.
Nope, it's not more clicking to simply give us more badges for the same clicks by reducing requirements, unless you count handing in the badge 2x per day instead of 1 time. Then yeah, I'm advocating for 2 more clicks per to improve the balance by 100%

Lelanya

A guild that plays the FA should have at least 10 members. So they will always average each other out to some degree. And the overflow can at least be reduced by shorter production times.

As a matter of fact, yes I am. I like defending unpopular positions on the forum, but I don't want any personal attacks in game. So I like to keep my privacy. And I don't see why it would be relevant anyways. I try to stick either to hard calculations or to my own personal opinions. Neither of those require me to publicise my playing style.
Huh. Very interesting. Why would anyone attack you in game?
But sadly we are unable to verify your claims so perhaps we should all ignore this poster.
I'm very worried as to the future of the Adventure itself, it seems like team communication will be reduced to:
Whoo Hoo!! I just got a bracelet oh, now it's gone..