• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

Karvest

Same productions would be counted for all badges. That's a major change of mechanics, you won't need to decide which badge you are going to make, FA would become even more braindead than now.

Ashrem

FA would become even more braindead than now.
I'd say FA is the opposite of brain-dead. It's more frustrating and anger inducing sine it requires people to almost completely stop paying attention to what's best for their progress in order to babysit specific-duration runs. Allowing players to compete with the mix of buildings they want to use, instead of making shanty-towns the proven win strategy, restores player agency.

Ashrem

Following this suggestion you would anyway build a bunch of useless T1+1 (a lot of them for pre-sentient era) and T1+2, which you never want to use for optimal city.
You could. Exactly the way we do now. Or you could build a smaller number that are leveled a little bit, which doesn't do you any good at all currently. That how it gives players agency. they decide how they want to get to the production level, instead of the current mechanic, where production level is meaningless.

Ashrem

So spend even more time preparing to FA and delete all afterwards.
No. Because having 25 extra of your t1 boost no longer gets you 25 extra badges. There's no advantage to having an more of any level one than you have of your fully upgraded T1, So instead of needing 30 statues for a waypoint, they can reduce it to 3, or 5, because an endgame player with 15 empty expansions can't make any more badges than they have fully upgraded T1 factories. At most, they might get 100 or so a day from a level one boosted factory, so to add a single badge a day, they need to build 50 of them to get their 5000 production.

Karvest

I'm at chapter 13, I have almost 200k T1 production a day (only from factories, not counting event buildings, without MM spell). how many t1+2 factories I'd need to place/upgrade to balance it? What should I do with my single T4 factory to collect it 8 times per 3h to be able to get one statue for each planks factory I have (not talking about smaller badges)? If you redecide that 5k T1 for statue at chapter 13 is too low and raise the amounts, same questions would appear for smaller badges.

Ashrem

If you redecide that 5k T1 for statue at chapter 13 is too low and raise the amounts, same questions would appear for smaller badges.
The first thing I said was "based on level" It doesn't matter how many units you produce per day, it matters how many you can collect in one pass. If your T1 are producing 4500/three hours and your amount is set at 5000, then you can collect one badge by harvesting two 3-hour productions (or probably, one badge for one nine-hour production if you preferred) If you had ten factories like that, you could produce 5 badges every three hours but it would take over 200 squares. "Smaller" badges wouldn't need to exist, because the badges are quantity based, not time based. And even if they were, you can't make shorter runs to produce smaller quantities in your chapter 13 factory, so the absolute Max if you have ten fully levelled manufactories is 10 badges every three hours. Right now, for a "3 hour" badge, I can put down 100 of each T1 and produce 100 badges per three hours. That would become impossible if the minimum to produce a badge was say 2500 of your T1 in chapter 13. Your badge prodution capacity would always be limited to a maximum of the number of upgraded T1 boost you have.

And by the way, congratulations on your production. In Chapter 15 I have 8 level 24 of my T1, Mountain Halls at 16, and I'm only producing about 125,000/day without MM spells so I assume you have about a dozen T1 Boost factories (or maybe 10 and you don't sleep)?

Arayla

Not necessarily. Replace (1 of each 48 hour production) with ([level dependant (5000 boosted T1 and 500 {boostedT1+1} and {100 boosted T1+2}])
So if my boost is steel and I'm Chapter 13, I have to do 5000 steel and 500 (planks or gum) and 100 marble to get the badge. All of those hooks should already exist for deciding what your sentient boost is and what relic you need to make CCs
If we were to change the requirement to use the level-dependent amount from an appropriate level boosted T1, I would prefer to remove the additional T1 +1 and T1 +2.

Reason: Having the appropriate level boosted T1 buildings and workshops built for events means that most cities are much tighter on space than before.

Ashrem

and you still think this is just a simple tweak? o_O
You seem to think that nothing exists between simple tweak and complete overhaul? :rolleyes:

I never once used the phrase simple tweak. I said it doesn't require a complete overhaul. The hooks to use production quantities by chapter for quests already exist for other uses and don't require any new code.
If we were to change the requirement to use the level-dependent amount from an appropriate level boosted T1, I would prefer to remove the additional T1 +1 and T1 +2
I have no issue with that, either. I don't know what the developers goals are in including mixed T1 in the first place.

Karvest

Your badge prodution capacity would always be limited to a maximum of the number of upgraded T1 boost you have.
With your suggestion it would be limited to the amount of T1+1 and T1+2 you can place in the city (and it doesn't matter if it would be required for them to be upgraded or not, it would require a lot of pop/culture/space anyway). And this is even more counterproductive for cities than placing a bunch of lvl1 for less then a week.
And by the way, congratulations on your production. In Chapter 15 I have 8 level 24 of my T1, Mountain Halls at 16, and I'm only producing about 125,000/day without MM spells so I assume you have about a dozen T1 Boost factories (or maybe 10 and you don't sleep)?
I have same 8, but level 27, it is 31.5k/3h, collecting it 5x3h+1x9h gives ~200k/day.

Deleted User - 81190

What do you guys even do with that much T1 production that late in the game? ;) Is it just for the events?

Ashrem

With your suggestion it would be limited to the amount of T1+1 and T1+2 you can place in the city (and it doesn't matter if it would be required for them to be upgraded or not, it would require a lot of pop/culture/space anyway). And this is even more counterproductive for cities than placing a bunch of lvl1 for less then a week.
No. I'm suggesting something like 5000/100/100 (or even 5,000/10/10). It doesn't matter how many of their non-boost they build, as long as they can harvest 100 or 10 or 5, or whatever in the same time they get 5,000 of their boost. The limiting factor would be how much of their T1 boost they can harvest at one time, but they'd still have to have one of each of the other factories to match each one of their T1 maxed buildings.

Karvest

Even 100/3h marble is 1x lvl14 human factory or 2x lvl14 elven factories... and your original suggestion was
I have to do 5000 steel and 500 (planks or gum) and 100 marble to get the badge.
That is pretty far from 5000/3/3 that can be achieved with only one additional lvl1 T1+1 and T1+2.
I don't know what the developers goals are in including mixed T1 in the first place.
It was included to unify players with different boosts, I believe.

Last edited:

Ashrem

That is pretty far from 5000/3/3 that can be achieved with only one additional lvl1 T1+1 and T1+2.
Yes. because the whole thing is speculation and none of the numbers I used are absolutes. The entire point is that the devs could make it so that you have to have one of each T1 factory while still avoiding people accumulating hundreds of badges by having many dozens of them. The actual quantity of the alternates required is irrelevant to the underlying discussion.

Karvest

Then why even mention T1+1/T1+2? Just say "change 11 types of badges into 2 ones, one for T1 and another for supplies" and try to create some variety in paths/strategies/etc with them...

Ashrem

Then why even mention T1+1/T1+2? Just say "change 11 types of badges into 2 ones, one for T1 and another for supplies" and try to create some variety in paths/strategies/etc with them...
Because I wasn't proposing a specific change, I was responding to:
OK, but then it's not a simple thing to do, this a complete overhaul
by offering a crude and simplified example of why it didn't have to be a complete overhaul.

DeletedUser2899

The point of doing all 3 paths for each of the 3 stages is to get as many points so you can try for the top spots. If you are not going to try and get in the top 20 then there is no reason to do more than 1 path per stage
funny, because, um, for some reason, i unlocked 2 chests in the past. each one had a flag at the end of the path, you clicked and collected from it. and i had the choice of moving on to the next stage or not. sooo... i'll try a different way with my fellow ship it can't hurt, either that or say screw it.. i'm not making 2000 badges for a building evolve spell. it was too bad, when i was able to collect 3 chests on the first stage they didn't have cool prizes.. i mean, when i started they did have a "magic residence" building for a prize, but after that it went down hill.