• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser2326

Those who have a bear/s at level 10 already get no benefit from this FA.

By the time the bear event hit live worlds, a lot had changed. Many players were not able to get even one bear upgraded to 10. Not everyone has much time to spend on an event as some others do, nor will they spend diamonds on an event. Those bear artifacts will be very useful to many in live worlds, if not in Beta. I do agree, it would have been nice to have a variety of artifacts; but, some are better than none.

I also agree about the carting library, but find it no worse than some of the other items people have gone nuts over. There is no way to please everyone, but there is a way to make things worse. This game is free to play and it's fun. That alone is something to be appreciated. Most games worth playing have an upfront cost.

TomatoeHu

I do not understand why we need current/ previous level buildings for events yet Inno insists on keeping level 1 towns for FA. This is a horrible inconsistency. There would need to be changes to 24/48 badges by removing them and reducing the number of blacksmiths required. Not hard to do, and extremely surprised Inno made zero adaption to their "new and improved" system of play. It doesn't make sense to say we are all cheating in events ( quote from moderator ) so the game removes level 1 buildings from all future events but allows it for fellowship adventures?!

Inno needs to have a more consistent approach to the game. How were FA's not adapted with the changing events? Why were there no efforts put into making the FA consistent with Inno's new direction? Here is just another example of Inno tossing garbage to us on a deadline they didn't make again. Giving us the same two versions of the FA over and over is not a refreshing change either. Would it be soooo hard so someone to use a calendar and schedule the four different types throughout the year? Can i offer a link to a service that will send reminders to Inno to use a different version?

I am seriously disappointed about this and only reinforces my opinion that the explanations given over changing the event was just a cover up for the "Pay To Win" direction Inno is taking. Allowing level 1 buildings for the FA proves the game is not out for the best interests of the player but instead, taking each aspect of the game and cashing in the best way they know how to. Your reasons for changing the events have been invalidated. Explain yourself Inno!

DeletedUser2899

okay, i didn't play the last fellowship adventure, but i played this one. And i'm a tad bit upset. i distinctly remembering that you won all three chests, on completion of 3 paths, on each stage. In other words, if i completed 3 paths, i gained 3 chests, and that is why there is a warning stating, make sure you don't have unfinished work because you are moving on to a new stage and you can't go back. So what's the point of going back to finish a second or third path if there is no reward?

DeletedUser2899

Can i ask a real dumb, but real smart question? What is the point of being able to craft phoenixes, stonehenge, or the mermaid thing, at the magic academy, IF the only way you can EVOLVE them is with a "evolve spell" and the only way to obtain one of those is play the fellowship adventure. For new players, which, i have a fellowship running in Harandar, your newest land, and the majority of my fellowship members are new elvenar players and i do my best, being your customer service representative, when i explain all the perimeters of the game and also ask them to research information at elvengems.com. With this all being said, only the new people are going to be building those buildings or experienced players with new land growth, but either way, how are we going to upgrade these evolvable building if the evolution spell is only available in fellowship adventures as a prize, (so a big fail, for those people who just wanna play alone, without a fellowship. And a bigger fail for the people who play the fellowship adventure, with all that hard work, not to be atleast given a generic spell to evolve any, evolvable buildings.

Dony

King of Bugs
okay, i didn't play the last fellowship adventure, but i played this one. And i'm a tad bit upset. i distinctly remembering that you won all three chests, on completion of 3 paths, on each stage. In other words, if i completed 3 paths, i gained 3 chests, and that is why there is a warning stating, make sure you don't have unfinished work because you are moving on to a new stage and you can't go back. So what's the point of going back to finish a second or third path if there is no reward?
it never worked like this, there was still only 1 chest per stage, never more

DeletedUser2236

The point of doing all 3 paths for each of the 3 stages is to get as many points so you can try for the top spots. If you are not going to try and get in the top 20 then there is no reason to do more than 1 path per stage

DeletedUser2326

I do not understand why we need current/ previous level buildings for events yet Inno insists on keeping level 1 towns for FA. This is a horrible inconsistency. There would need to be changes to 24/48 badges by removing them and reducing the number of blacksmiths required. Not hard to do, and extremely surprised Inno made zero adaption to their "new and improved" system of play. It doesn't make sense to say we are all cheating in events ( quote from moderator ) so the game removes level 1 buildings from all future events but allows it for fellowship adventures?!

People were getting multiple buildings, such as Stonehenge, Mermaid's Paradise, etc. They were not only getting those buildings, but were upgrading them all to level 10. That gave those cities an advantage over the smaller cities which could not possibly reach such goals. Therein, came an unfairness or what some would call "breaking the rules" or "taking advantage of a given situation" with the situation being that you could get more than one of those buildings. Inno slowed that possibility down by making events more difficult.

Fellowship adventures, on the other hand, do not allow the accumulation of more than one grand prize. Thus, Inno had no reason to slow it down or make obtaining prizes more difficult.

As far as I am concerned, greed caused the problem with the events.

Lovec Krys

@Mizpah Greed on the side of Inno. They want to lure players into "endless" quests but don't want to give more rewards than with fixed quests for free.
Stonehenge & Mermaid's Paradise are both garbage not worh building in my city (too many bonuses, each of them too weak to be worth).

TomatoeHu

@Mizpah You mistaken my meaning, no worries :) I will clarify.

There is no need to make the FA more difficult or easier, the game should use the same requirements and rules across all events, adventures and challenges. Simple restructuring of the badge type and quantities easily eliminates the need for the level 1 buildings and keeps the challenge in tact.

I was speaking to the Removal of level 1 buildings in the design of the events, and that FA's having the same requirements removes same issues that were given for the events being changed.The disappointment is so great because the remodeling of the FA is very small and simple, but Math seems to be Inno's greatest weakness, that and delivery of a good product. Why would Inno bring back level 1 buildings in an FA when they clearly said level 1 buildings were not making events work fairly, why make us work with the same structure that was just banned?

Keep in mind we all were not all cheating, to progress to the end of an event and we all know there are different issues and hardships for each chapter or player style. Unifying the participation requirements for players ensures that all players have opportunity to play and win, not just those paying for multiple prizes. Since Tier 1 was required to be leveled up along with workshops, that took up space, population and higher culture requirements, Inno has not fairly demonstrated that level 1 buildings were any issue at all in remodeling events to stop using them, and keeping them for FAs is counter intuitive. Build and level tier one, clear and make space for level 1's... The yo-yo should end. If we are not meant to build level 1 buildings for events, they should also not be needed to play the adventures or challenges.

I could care less how many Bears or Mermaids or Stonehenge's a player can get fairly or unfairly. Inno has complete control to cap the total number of winnable buildings and refused. If a non paying, non cheating player cant get ONE, what's the point of playing this game? The response was to tell us not to play the events, which was a garbage response. Events were a huge portion of the game before we sat an waited days to do one quest.

Full leveled tier 1 buildings and workshops work with the CC but the refusal to adapt a few badges to incorporate the new game requirements into the FA is Hypocritical. There are four versions of the FA, we only seem to get two of them so swapping out statues and necklaces for more bracelets is hardly a more difficult task to do or, reducing the 900 badges down to a reasonable number due to the fact that we can't build silly little turd towns also keeps the challenge and difficulty in check.

lika1961

From my point of view the changes to the event structure is one of the worst things ever. I will never be convinced that placing extra high level workshops is a good idea. This has effectively stopped me from taking part in events. To my great disappointment. To then realise that some people got many of the prizes that were supposed to be capped by this system made me extremely angry. I did not get one fully evolved bear because of the stupidity of the revolving quest system and some other players got 10? That still makes me want to rage quit.

The FA is, for me, one of the highlights of the game, so I am very relieved to see that the new system was not applied to it. If you are a fan of the FA and your FS is one that likes it, the feeling of accomplishment once it is done is fantastic. Certain teams do well in the FA because they are willing to make hundreds of badges in spite of the boredom and sore wrists. By changing it to the new system, it will very much be a case of collecting 10s of badges and I wonder what the challenge would be in that. I would certainly not enjoy that and if the FA changes to that ridiculous system, it will be the last day that I play Elvenar. No events, no FA - completing the latest chapter at the speed of the slowest snail in the world ever? No thank you.

It seems to me that the devs are pretty much doing random things that don't always make sense and I agree that the reasons given for some of them are dubious. We are not stupid and can see when something doesn't make sense and no matter how you try to explain it, it will still be nonsensical. People have been saying for a while now that the devs are not actually considering how people play the game and I think that is perhaps the biggest problem we have. The thing is though, I honestly don't think it matters how many times we say something, if people don't listen it has no value. The game is becoming less and less fun and that is a very sad thing.

maxiqbert

having a level related need in FA means a totally new game design since noone has all 3 types of manufactures at top level (it would be silly!)
furthermore, not having top notch workshops isn't cheating and it never was
and finally, if these kind of requirements were made, many new accounts would come, filled wih level 1 (their level !) to make life easier for fellowships

DeletedUser2326

I could care less how many Bears or Mermaids or Stonehenge's a player can get fairly or unfairly. Inno has complete control to cap the total number of winnable buildings and refused. If a non paying, non cheating player cant get ONE, what's the point of playing this game?

I will not argue with that statement @TomatoeHu I argued the same thing, but to no avail.

Ashrem

I won't argue that they have control, but it has to be acknowledged that assigning grand prizes is a degree harder if you have to stop giving them out after X rotations. going from [pick from "A" then Pick form "B"] to [Pick from "A" then Pick from {B or A or C depending on how many cycles you've completed]

It still shouldn't be especially hard, but we don't know their goals. Controlling the number of evolving buildings doesn't help if they don't want people complaining about not enough quests, but also don't want people getting 150 grand prizes.

Sir Squirrel

having a level related need in FA means a totally new game design since noone has all 3 types of manufactures at top level (it would be silly!)
furthermore, not having top notch workshops isn't cheating and it never was
and finally, if these kind of requirements were made, many new accounts would come, filled wih level 1 (their level !) to make life easier for fellowships
I think what Tomatoehu meant was that there shouldn't be any badges requiring all three manufactories, and that they should be replaced with different badges that we could do with what we have in our cities at the moment as to align with how events are now. They have made us upgrade our boosted tier one (and add more of them for events for some of us) and made workshops and manufactories have to be at high levels. It makes no since to ask us to do that for events, but then make Fellowship Adventures have us go back to the previous way of events with making shanty level one towns again! They need to pick a way of playing and stick with it, not jump back and forth, IMO.

Ashrem

OK, but then it's not a simple thing to do, this a complete overhaul
Not necessarily. Replace (1 of each 48 hour production) with ([level dependant (5000 boosted T1 and 500 {boostedT1+1} and {100 boosted T1+2}])
So if my boost is steel and I'm Chapter 13, I have to do 5000 steel and 500 (planks or gum) and 100 marble to get the badge. All of those hooks should already exist for deciding what your sentient boost is and what relic you need to make CCs

maxiqbert

Not necessarily. Replace (1 of each 48 hour production) with ([level dependant (5000 boosted T1 and 500 {boostedT1+1} and {100 boosted T1+2}])
So if my boost is steel and I'm Chapter 13, I have to do 5000 steel and 500 (planks or gum) and 100 marble to get the badge. All of those hooks should already exist for deciding what your sentient boost is and what relic you need to make CCs
completely absurd, if you ask me

edit : I think I need to develop a bit, in order to not be rude
- I don't see any similarities between the current statue and your proposed one
- given the number of statues needed, it's impossible to let the current maps remain the same with such a change
- changing the definition of the badges IS a huge overhaul

Last edited:

Ashrem

A big change for the players does not equate to a huge overhaul for the programmers. If you're worried about player acceptance, there's no change that isn't going to attract indignation from one direction or another. Changing from unit productions to produced quantities is not a large task for the developers.