• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

Marindor

@Marindor
BTW, just noticed that I can use KP instants only for AW. Would there be an option to use it for techs?

No, this is currently not planned. KP requirements are one of the ways to avoid players from rushing through the tech tree with every new chapter (as are the Guest Race goods and stuff like that) and making KP instants available in the tech tree, would probably force us to increase the other requirements, to prevent players from going through the tech tree too quickly. As we're not fond of going for that solution, we decided for now to limit the use of KP instants to Ancient Wonders. :)

DeletedUser724

No, this is currently not planned. KP requirements are one of the ways to avoid players from rushing through the tech tree with every new chapter (as are the Guest Race goods and stuff like that) and making KP instants available in the tech tree, would probably force us to increase the other requirements, to prevent players from going through the tech tree too quickly. As we're not fond of going for that solution, we decided for now to limit the use of KP instants to Ancient Wonders. :)

That is a very good design to limit usage of kp instant

Deleted User - 60107

You are making a wrong assumption here: That people would waste their Instants on the tech tree if they could. Sure, a few might do that, but most will keep the Instants in reserve, for specific situations (such as when they REALLY want a Rune for a particular AW, or when they need to research a tech in a hurry). Most players get tech-locked even without any Instants.

In Forge of Empires I have a few thousand Forge Points in the form of Forge Point packages, and in addition I make over 30 FP per day just from buildings. Yet I'm not rushing through the tech tree. Why do you think that is?

Of course, the Great Buildings of FoE tend to be better than the AWs of Elvenar, plus the rewards for contributing to other players' Great Buildings are better than the rewards in Elvenar... Why not just give us a good reason to not rush through the tech tree? Note that by "good reason" I mean "good, benefitial for the players, reason". "If you rush through the tech tree you will be forced to research technologies that HURT you in tournaments" is a rason, but it's not what I would call "a good reason".

In the mean time, I hope the existing sources of KP - as few as they are - will be left alone and not changed. I'd rather have a few KPs that I can use the way I choose, even if it means missing on a few hourly KP, than an Instant I can only use on AWs.

Dony

King of Bugs
I miss item rarity on Stage reward screen, not sure if its a bug

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 204

Dony

King of Bugs
I have worked out 2 options how to get rid of quest system in FA with mechanics we already have in a game.
To do so we need to get badges directly from a building instead of from the quest.
1. Option is to have buildings similar to how ancient wonders work, every building will produce different badge per x minutes/hours, after it produces it will wait for our collect (like collecting militaries from AW).
Only downside for developers would be to have few new buildings, but lets face it, taking already existing buildings and recolor it is easy to do and much faster then overhaul of whole quest system.
The advantages for players are much better tho.
We can place buildings only after Adventure start, making it same for everybody (personaly i dont like that FA start 2 days before it even start). Buildings can be build with 10s construction speed. This will also balance human and elfs to have same space required.
If we take 1st variation of FA into this new system then waypoints only needs to be adjusted as follow: If brewery badge required 50x 5 min from workshop to get 1 badge, in new system it will be 50x 5 min from new building to get 50 badges, so in the waypoint 1 brewery badge will be replaced with 50 badges, 2 badges with 100 and so on, this will also make it more possible to spread production of badges between members in a FS.
Since we have new buildings we can have much bigger variety then 6 option from workshops and 4 from manufactory, anything from 1 min to 48 hours. This can be even different for every FA to increase challenge and make it new every time we play it. They can even remove worst ones like 5 minutes or 48 hours and replace them with 5 hours or 10 hours or 15 hours.
This will greatly reduce data sent to server making it much smoother and less laggy, now every quest we accept, decline, finish, make progress are need to be communicated with a server, with this system you just sweep collect badges similar to how you collect coins and go offline.
5 mins, 15 mins, 1h, 3h, 9h, 24h are with us already too long to have some kind of new timings for us to play with.
I often ask myself what should be the main difficulty of FA? In my opinion it should be find the right time to log into the game and collect your products and make proper strategy in FS who produces what, main difficulty shouldnt be the endlessly cycling quests over and over again.
There is another solution if you dont want to create/recolor a lot of new buildings to have only 2 buildings which will have new tab after you click on it where you can choose what you want from them to produce.
2. Option is to have new buildings like i mentioned before but with 6 or 4 options which would reduces for developers to make only 2 new buildings but it will be less user friendly for players to click on building and set right production of badges, imagine recolored lvl1 workshop, after you click on it you will see 6 options with 6 different badges to produces, and than have another new building with 4 new options (this building will be bigger but will combine all 3 manufactories spaces required together = 8 tiles)
Only problem with this new iteration would be for people who cant place any new buildings into their city, which should be according to Marindors earlier post minority. Every FS who wants to fight for best spot has full city of buildings anyway, now they will just have new buildings. For that reason this old quest system can be active for this people, but will reward you with adjusted badges so it can be combined together, 50x5min will reward you with 50 badges from a quest and so on.
Last FA gave us 3 new badges which can be a bit more challenging to add to this new system but not impossible (Having only 3 quests instead of 13 just for this type of badges, have special options in MA to produce new badges there, implement it in new a builing, options are a lot, discussion can continue)
We can even go more deeper and add set mechanics to this and make it like tetris, the more different buildings we combine together for different badges, we could get some percentage advantage for generating this badges (1%,5% whatever) so people who like to play with their city will have new minigame to maximize their badge output and obviously smart players will have advantage. (Dont everybody want deeper building strategy already?)
In case you dont know what i am talking about, here is a small sample, buildings wont be able to be rotatable, but while you design it you can rotate however you want.
tetris.JPG
Of course we can discuss details if devs would like to work with this idea, which definitely removes the worst thing in this feature.

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

i very much like this idea of producing badges without havign to touch a single quest. it would make me much more enthousiastic about FA.
About the tetris thing, it immediatly makes me think of set bonusses, if you have x buildings of the set it produces that badge, in other setup it produced other
badges. MAking the buildings weird shaped would make it look like tetris layouts :)

juggling with setbonusses also makes it feel more like the puzzle elvenar is (used) to be then just trashing half your town for small workshops

SoggyShorts

i very much like this idea of producing badges without havign to touch a single quest.
Same here, that sounds great. There will (of course) be complaints from players who feel that they have no room for new buildings, but everything is a trade-off.

Method 1 (a building for each badge, with passive production, like granite mine)
Ignoring the spell badges for a moment, it would be interesting to plan and organize with your FS who will build which of the 10 buildings for the 10 different badges. Adding in set bonuses for having multiple different factories adds an awesome layer of complexity as well as removing the need for roads.

Method 2 (2 new buildings like workshop and factory)
Being able to fairly balance between races and boost is great.

Either method would also create more balance between players that are huge and normally have 7 factories + 12 workshops and smaller players.

@Dony Do you mind if I take these ideas to US forums so we can work on them there?

Dony

King of Bugs
Same here, that sounds great. There will (of course) be complaints from players who feel that they have no room for new buildings, but everything is a trade-off.

Method 1 (a building for each badge, with passive production, like granite mine)
Ignoring the spell badges for a moment, it would be interesting to plan and organize with your FS who will build which of the 10 buildings for the 10 different badges. Adding in set bonuses for having multiple different factories adds an awesome layer of complexity as well as removing the need for roads.

Method 2 (2 new buildings like workshop and factory)
Being able to fairly balance between races and boost is great.

Either method would also create more balance between players that are huge and normally have 7 factories + 12 workshops and smaller players.

@Dony Do you mind if I take these ideas to US forums so we can work on them there?
yeah sure we all want better gaming experience, i am pretty sure even my ideas can be improved

palmira

If this gets to live one week later is going to be difficult, our cities are full to the rim with elementals stuff, i can't even build a lvl1 marble factory I have zero space free. The new badges are an excellent idea as they are part of our daily toil in Elvenar but if the long productions will be requested at the same pace as last FA, top fellowships with most members struggling to cram all the manifestations in their cities will have a hard time.

Ah, well, let's hope i can get some experience here to make the better of a packed city in my portuguese server.

Heymrdiedier

If this gets to live one week later is going to be difficult, our cities are full to the rim with elementals stuff, i can't even build a lvl1 marble factory I have zero space free. The new badges are an excellent idea as they are part of our daily toil in Elvenar but if the long productions will be requested at the same pace as last FA, top fellowships with most members struggling to cram all the manifestations in their cities will have a hard time.

Ah, well, let's hope i can get some experience here to make the better of a packed city in my portuguese server.

Yes i think many people will be skipping this adventure since they are in elemental chapter and have no room at all. But i think thats fine. It gived the fellowships with lower lever players a bigger chance to get a big prize for once.

@Marindor "Also, the fix for this bug unfortunately isn't yet implemented in this FA round."

What is "this bug"?

The bug is that if you have a T4 producting factory, when you finish the 3 hour production of sentient goods, it counts as a 1 day production, and if you use the 9 hour production of sentient goods, it counts as a 2 day production.