• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser2003

In the most important identifying place, the title bar, it says "reoccurring offer no. 8." This information is of utterly no use what-so-ever. It should be the name of the badge.
I absolutely, wholeheartedly agree. This is a very good suggestion. :cool:

There is nothing fun about the FA event, only frustration in every aspect of the design.

I maintain that the FA is a defective and poorly designed product that should be trashed.
I feel a little differently here. My FS DID have fun with the FA this week. From the feedback given, frustration was at a minimum, and basically directed at the before mentioned click-click-clicking to cycle thru quests, and the occasional accidental click on a product without correct quest window showing, so that production/time was lost. I've seen the suggestion before of all productions being applied to whatever badge they qualify for until the quest is fulfilled and the badge earned without the window cycling, and I think that would be much more efficient. IMHO, the FA doesn't necessarily need to be "trashed" but is definitely in need of continued revamping and improving :)

SoggyShorts

IMHO, the FA doesn't necessarily need to be "trashed" but is definitely in need of continued revamping and improving :)
I too think they have potential, but I don't think little tweaks are enough for me to actually like them.
A total overhaul is required. To have a series of quests that are team oriented is great.
To only use the most tedious grindy quests is lame.
Why not use all quests?
  • Scout a province,
  • upgrade a building to level xx(scaled properly),
  • solve x encounters,
  • spend x KP
  • gain x coins
  • gain x relics
No one actually improves their city by building a level 1 workshop farm, in fact it does the exact opposite for 6 days.
I've always said event quests should reward you for making progress, not encourage you to put your city on hold and stop moving forwards.

Edit: and obviously(as we've been saying for months) the quest cycling needs to be replaced with a better system.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1767

I basically agree with all of the above comments, and I would prefer to wait until all the feedback has been implemented for the FA before seeing another. I really like the FA concept, but I agree that these minor tweaks aren't enough.

The one thing I have to add is that there's one random detail in particular that makes no sense to me, which is: why are two of the quests given out by the same advisor?

For all the reasons articulated in the comments above, I have a terrible time remembering which name and badge goes with which quest, and the best way I've found to keep everything straight and errors to a minimum is to remember which portrait goes with which quest. Yet of course this can't work perfectly, because two of those portraits are, for no apparent reason, the bard. Now, I like the bard! The bard is great! The bit about the gifts from female admirers is easily my favourite of the FA quest flavour texts! But I don't like the bard so much that I'm content with this unnecessary confusion as to which quest he's giving me in order to have two of him, especially when there are other advisors who are not currently included as FA quest-bearers who could be. Where is the cute elven trader (my personal favourite, don't judge me) or the elven warrior? Couldn't we have one of them rather than two bards? It seems like this wouldn't be hard to implement, and the current situation seems bizarrely unmotivated.

DeletedUser1596

FAs are not too popular in my FS because of two reasons:
  • It's very time cosuming. We are mostly working people with families and this is simply too much to compete with other FSs. But it's ok, we don't need to rule the chart.
  • It's based on a game mechanics, that follows us from the very beginning of Elvenar. The ever repeating quests. These quests are available 24/7 from the start, the same or similar quests are in every event and now we have them in FAs. Hardcore. I understand that there is not much to do about that, but clicking 100 buildings 100 times a day is not fun anymore.

SoggyShorts

The ever repeating quests. These quests are available 24/7 from the start, the same or similar quests are in every event and now we have them in FAs. Hardcore. I understand that there is not much to do about that
I've hated the repeating quests since I started a year and a half ago, and the FA is only using the worst of them. While scouts and solves might be harder depending on where you are in the game, at least they are mildly interesting. 10 advanced tools or 50 beverages is mind-numbingly boring.

DeletedUser1657

There isn't a single intelligently designed thing about the fellowship adventure.

Added to this when you do rotate through, the quests don't seem to be in any sensible order which would make the scrolling marginally better. The numbered quest titles highlight the lack of order more. One would expect them to rotate 1-x or perhaps all workshop then all goods in order of time. With the current randomness you have to stop and check before declining so you don't accidentally over decline.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1901

it's always 24 clicks (8 declines with 3 clicks each) to get back to the last quest you completed. This takes almost 1 minute to do, which makes our cities continually move off schedule as the day goes on. In the morning if you have 25 workshops (five 9 hr badges at ~1 minute each decline fest) and your factories (varies, i had 4 of each so about another 4 minutes) to collect badges on, it can take around 10 minutes just to get your city running for the day. This doesn't even mention the rest of the badges we collect throughout the day. That's a long time to get off schedule in a game with timers. And then we get 1 coin instant and 1 supply instant, and the chance at one more time boost instant even though the adventure takes at the very least 20 minutes away from our timers everyday.

DeletedUser724

if FA quest can list 10 quests at the same time
that is to say
quest 1 ws produce 50 5-min 0/50
quest 2 ws produce 35 15-min 0/35
quest 3 ws produce 20 1-hour 0/20
quest 4 ws produce 10 3-hour 0/10
quest 5 ws produce 5 9-hour 0/5
quest 6 ws produce 5 24-hour 0/5
quest 7 T1 produce 3-hour 0/3
quest 8 T1 produce 9-hour 0/3
quest 9 T1 produce 24-hour 0/3
quest 10 T1 proudce 2-day 0/3

player can do the collection at any time without following quest order
whenever which one is collected, it auto entry as collect once

then player can have more freedom to do the quest
e.g. player has 7 ws only
he can assign
1 to do 24-hour
1 to do 9-hour
5 to do 3 hour

at least player will not restrict and limit their plays1 quest by 1 quest
it means player can be allowed to all 10 quest at the same time

whenever which quest is completed, it allow player to click collection of that item, then re-start that quest

SoggyShorts

@conqueror9 I think you are on the right track.
There may even be a way to do it that doesn't require any new programming.
We have seen "Gain 10 relics or solve 10 encounters quests", so we know they are already capable of "or" quests.

What if we took that and made:

Quest #1 (first quest giver) Rewards Provisioner's badge
-Produce 50 Beverages, or 10 Baskets of Groceries
Quest #2 (first quest giver) Rewards Builder's badge
-Produce 35 Simple Tools, or 15 Advanced Tools, or 5 Toolboxes
Quest # 3 (first quest giver) Rewards Jeweler's badge
-Produce 15 Luxurious Flacons, or 10 Golden Bracelets, or 5 Diamond Necklaces

-Quest #1 (second quest giver) Rewards explorer's badge
Solve 4 Encounters, or Scout a Province, or Gain 10 relics
-Quest #2 (second quest giver) Rewards a construction badge
Upgrade a Building to level xx (scaled by chapter), or Gain an impressive amount of coins (scaled by chapter)
Quest #3 (second quest giver) Rewards an enlightenment badge
-Spend 20 KP, or Research 1 Technology, or Gain 2 spells

And make each spot on the map require a different number and mix of badges.

Obviously a totally different quest system with zero cycling needed could be better, but that may be asking too much.
Or maybe this could be FA 2.0:)

Last edited:

Elderflower

I didn't have a problem with the badges. It did take a lot of time and effort but it was quite fun coordinating with each other. Researching and scouting take a lot longer than the event runs for. Perhaps they could keep it as it is for one of the routes and only add in the scouting and researching for the orange route. I don't always want to scout new provinces or move on in the knowledge tree just for an event.
I will say it would be good not to have these Adventures too often as they do require spending a lot of time on the game which we can't all do that often. It might induce burn-out in some players. Once in a while is fine but not as often as the tournaments. I find even the tournaments are becoming a bit tedious.

Dony

King of Bugs
I will say it would be good not to have these Adventures too often as they do require spending a lot of time on the game which we can't all do that often. It might induce burn-out in some players.
thats true only if you want to be first or high enough and if that is the case then what about letting other fellowships be first for once? getting only first 3 stages reward requires almost no effort and can be done with casual play

MalpA

thats true only if you want to be first or high enough and if that is the case then what about letting other fellowships be first for once?

We won 3rd time in a row and no one in our FS complaining that is sooooo time consumpting. We just have good time with alot of fun and cooperating like never in this game :)

Deleted User - 60107

@Marindor I have one simple honest question: Why did you guys start a new FA round on live WITHOUT fixing the bugs? The progress from the previous FA was not reset. This fix:
Fellowship Adventure quest progress should now reset before the FA round starts
clearly did NOT make it to live before the new FA started. Why? Isn't the purpose of Beta to fix such things so that they don't make to live servers?

SoggyShorts

more variety in quests, yes
scout a province, NO !!!
Simple fix, added gain 10 relics as an option. If you are at a point where scouting takes a long time then you should be able to crush tournaments for relics instead. This also is a way to balance newer players with short scout times against those that are finished the tech tree and can build 80+ workshops

There is and should be some difficult quests, but most of those have 2 or 3 options, and should be doable. Like the "research a technology" one. That might be impossible for many players, but the spend 20 KP is very easy for 100% of players, and the "gain 2 spells" is almost automatic too

Also, remember there are 3 paths, and not all badges would be needed on all paths.

Last edited:

DeletedUser283

Simple fix, added gain 10 relics as an option. I

now that's better, although the last event proved that devs do not have yet a clear grasp of the "do this or do that" quest condition concept, especially when it comes to scouting;
that is why I am against scouting quests : better safe than furious ;)

SoggyShorts

now that's better
This is why I wish the devs would actually use Beta more. Release the quest list before the event even comes here, and at a glance the Beta players will be able to see things the devs missed.
  • I made a quest list
  • You read it, and found a flaw
  • You mentioned the flaw
  • I applied a fix
This is how it should always work.
Just look at the "Upgrade a building to level 20 or research a tech" from Halloween. It took us no time at all to point out the flaw for those in chapter 6&7. Getting inno to undo something once it's there is like squeezing blood from a stone, but if they had released the list before even programming it in, maybe they could have changed that 20 to a 12. I'm assuming of course that changing 2 digits in a code is somehow super hard.....;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser118

This is why I wish the devs would actually use Beta more. Release the quest list before the event even comes here, and at a glance the Beta players will be able to see things the devs missed.
  • I made a quest list
  • You read it, and found a flaw
  • You mentioned the flaw
  • I applied a fix
This is how it should always work.
Just look at the "Upgrade a building to level 20 or research a tech" from Halloween. It took us no time at all to point out the flaw for those in chapter 6&7. Getting inno to undo something once it's there is like squeezing blood from a stone, but if they had released the list before even programming it in, maybe they could have changed that 20 to a 12. I'm assuming of course that changing 2 digits in a code is somehow super hard.....;)

I can give you an answer to this with just three simple words in it: "Not. Gonna. Happen." :)

DeletedUser264

Is Inno going to do anything about possibility to invite several small accounts to a fellowship during the adventure?
My fellowship on rl world has paid a lot of time, resources and deleted buildings to make a good progress in the adventure and earn one of 3 main rewards. I logged in today just to see that one fellowship made a few thousands of points overnight. Another fellowship is occupying the first place, making rapid jumps of 1k points from time to time. Almost none of regular members in those fellowships have any extra workshops or manufacturies and if they do, the number is very small. Instead they have free slots or new members regularly.

It might be hard to delete fellowship's progress when such account leaves the fellowship, like it happens in tournaments, but a simple thing like disabling the possibility of inviting new members during the week when adventure takes place would solve the problem.

@Marindor tell me please if anything is being done about this. Fighting for a good position here on beta was fun and challenge, because such things didn't happen yet but other servers are a different story.