• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser1847

Thank you very much Dony. Now I found them how do you use them.I going to the map and it ask me to pay with diamonds ever time. We are still at the start.Also my fellowship there is only 2 of us.

DeletedUser1998

Thank you very much Dony. Now I found them how do you use them.I going to the map and it ask me to pay with diamonds ever time. We are still at the start.Also my fellowship there is only 2 of us.

Earn them first through the quests, only use diamonds if you want to fast track it - similar to other places in the game.

eg. If you do the quest to produce 10x Advanced tools you earn a carpenters badge that you can then use.

Dony

King of Bugs
this shows you how many you have in store
fae5.JPG

DeletedUser1677

One HUUUGE fail that I discovered today:
The fellowships using more money, will win.
That is extremely unfair, that ppl, with diamonds, can buy them to a win!

Fair enough when it's in the city and stuff like that. But when it's a battle between fellowships, it should NOT be a pay-to-win!

(Please remove the possibility to buy badges, so ppl atleast are forced to do the quests! )
(Remember that some of your players does'nt have a lot of money...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs

Fair enough when it's in the city and stuff like that. But when it's a battle between fellowships, it should NOT be a pay-to-win!
whole game is like that from get-go, you cant realy complain about this and i am sure this is kinda intended to earn some money from top contenders

DeletedUser1677

whole game is like that from get-go, you cant realy complain about this and i am sure this is kinda intended to earn some money from top contenders
Yeah, but I cant "feel" if my neighbor buys an expansion or something like that.
But I surely can feel, if a fellowship takes the 1st place in this adventure, because of diamonds

Dony

King of Bugs
Yeah, but I cant "feel" if my neighbor buys an expansion or something like that.
But I surely can feel, if a fellowship takes the 1st place in this adventure, because of diamonds
not like prizes are so insane that you really want to win it all, its other way around

Marindor

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your feedback so far and please keep on bringing it to us!

To address some of your questions or maybe give you some helpful tips:

1 thing i really miss in this event as a mage or archmage is some kind of overall table of our fellowship, where it will show every member who already donated, now its kinda hard to know if we still miss last person who didnt donated badge yet to open stage reward unless we check every single waypoint and make list of all people on paper

Thank you, that would indeed be a nice addition. We will forward the suggestion.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to leave the door open on the possibility of fellowship members potentially missing out on rewards simply because other members in their FS completed an entire level of the adventure before they happened to log on. This just doesn't seem to promote good behavior in my opinion. But on the other hand, maybe this is difficult to address because what happens if a FS wants to wait for its members to contribute but someone seems to be mysteriously 'lights out' at the time? I guess I'm just hoping that in the end, all members who want to contribute are given the opportunity to, without having the rug unexpectedly pulled out from under them. Maybe I'm just being paranoid of others' intentions though. :)

Well the maps are pretty big and the things you have to actively do to earn enough badges to clear the waypoints, should take a decent amount of time. These situations could basically only happen if players either save up a lot of badges from previous events or pay a lot of diamonds at the waypoints and if they act all on their own without any discussion with the rest of the Fellowship. If this happens, it would be up to the Fellowships themselves to contact that player and talk about it, or if the player doesn't want to listen, it'd be up to the leaders of that Fellowship whether or not they want that person in their Fellowship. Each Fellowship is different: Some are very active, others are for the easy going players. Some communicate a lot and some are all just playing on their own. Some help smaller players where they can, others don't give a peep. Some perform NH every day and count on each other with trades, others don't bother about that. So basically it comes down to whether a player is in the right Fellowship for their needs and if not, you can always switch to a Fellowship that better suits to how you'd like to play the game.

Dony, I am the Arch Mage in my fellowship. A member in my fellowship, who is an Ambassador, had to wait for me to get home from work because they needed to ask me to pick which route we are taking on the fellowship adventures. They earned a Dwarven Brewery Badge but think I am the only one who can use it on the map. Is this how this new feature works? Everyone has to wait for the Arch Mage to show up before they can continue on the adventure?

No, every FS member can contribute to the Waypoints but only leaders can clear the end flag of a stage, because that makes the whole FS move to the next map. In our design plans, the "leaders" are defined as Mages and Archmages but in the game they turn out to be Ambassadors and up. We're currently checking what is intended here. Either the game setup is wrong, or it has changed since the design and noone thought about updating the game design docs. I expect an answer on this next Monday.

About which routes to pick and having to wait for each other: It depends on whether you'd first like to discuss this with your entire Fellowship because that would take time. We discussed in the chat box with the players that were currently active, who could do which productions and that was the route we were going. Our Archmage sent an ingame message to the entire FS so now everyone knows. In the end it's up to the leaders I think to inform the players on the current strategy. Other options would be to form a group of Fellowship Adventure strategists to plan on the strategy for the Fellowship, or for the next one: Discuss it on forehand. The first Adventure is new for everyone but when this one is over, you can of course perfectly discuss with your Fellowship what you want your strategy to be for the next one: Do you have a lot of active players and want to take the route that requires a lot of short-time productions? Or do you have more "lazy" players and do you want the path that requires more productions with longer production times and goods? Do you have a lot of players with all goods production buildings and not only the boosted ones? Then you'd choose the path for which that comes in handy... It's all about knowing your Fellowship and discuss on how to best approach the challenge.

It's true that it's now all completely new, but on Live it will be a bit different. The announcement there will come before it's being released (including the productions table for the Adventure Items, like we have it here as well) and active Fellowships will already have taken a peek at it here on Beta, so there's more time there to discuss strategies before the Adventure starts.

They seem to be under the impression that fellowships are one big happy family who work and plan and play together like a little league team.

To be honest, and I'm saying this as a player, for the first time ever this is exactly what's happening in our Fellowship and it's really funny to see this :p

Nobody in my fellowship even talk to each other... I don't work and play well with others. I have no interest or tolerance for any kind of group sports or competition... my fellowship has no Ambassadors and the Arch Mage had not been heard from in about two years... It the way this game works is that you cannot get anything out of it unless everybody plays and cooperates, then I would like to be told outright, so that I can ignore it like I do the Tournaments.

This is a group event which you actively play with your Fellowship. The way you describe your FS, this is not the ideal FS for this feature. So if you're fine in the FS you are and are happy with its inactivity, you'd indeed just focus on the other aspects of the game. If you do want to do a Multiplayer Fellowship Event, you might want to consider switching to a Fellowship which participates in that. It's all up to you :)

I also think this is a nice concession to those players who like the city-building aspect of the game and already have 1 of each type of good in their city. I know at least some of the boosted-only FS will look the other way if a member has 1 of each type for variety and aesthetics.

Yes. Again, as a player, this is how it works with me as well. I have more manufactories for my boosted goods and just 1 of the rest, but I'm nerdy enough to want them all in my city :D Funny thing is that actually quite a lot of players have this and for me it also makes me less dependent of trades and the Wholesaler. I have plenty of coins and supplies coming in daily so even though the amounts are smaller than for boosted goods, they do add up over the weeks :)

Also: It comes down to coordination again. If you discuss with your Fellowship who has all 3 Tier 1 buildings, you can agree to them producing the Adventure Items that require those and the rest e.g. doing the productions or paying goods.

Is there a list or partial list of the reoccurring quests anywhere pref with what they give?

Basically to put it simple: For every Adventure Item there is a quest that repeats itself. In the original announcement for the Adventures and in the ingame News item, you can find a table which explains what has to be done to get which Item. You can keep on skipping these FA quests until you get to the right one again for your productions.

My fellowship must be doing something wrong. We are doing the quest on the side and it tells us we got the rewards but we arent getting them or if we are where are they hidden.

On the side you see the current Fellowship Ranking list. The rewards you see there, are the rewards that your FS gets when they end up at that place when the Adventures come to an end, like it is with AW donations: The chests indicate your reward if you end up at that place when the AW levels. This is basically the same :)

Yes, the word "Pay" there is quite confusing. We will change the word to something like "Use" or "Contribute" and aim to do that before releasing this feature on our Live servers.

DeletedUser1677

Marindor:

Hint:
I know that you want to earn money by diamonds.
But please remove the posibility to buy badges.
Remember that ppl with diamonds can buy expansions, making more space for workshops and manufactories, and that way still get an advantage. AND actually having to do something other than open their wallet.

DeletedUser

(Please remove the possibility to buy badges, so ppl atleast are forced to do the quests! )
(Remember that some of your players does'nt have a lot of money...)

I've just started a request about this in the Suggestion forum, because the big-spenders FS will spoil the fun for a lot of players.
See: [URL="https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/don%E2%80%99t-make-it-possible-to-use-diamonds-in-adventures.8898/"]Don’t make it possible to use diamonds in Adventures[/URL]

Dony

King of Bugs
they can fix that with rebalancing prizes but we need to first see whole week of an event

Marindor

Hi guys,

You will always have this problem when you give rewards based on ranking and you are a company that needs to make some money to survive :) However, we have specifically chosen to put the unique FA buildings in the FA Maps so every Fellowship can acquire those. The top rewards for the ranking lists are very nice, but are also buildings that players have been able to acquire through other game events as well. This means that they are somewhat less attractive for heavy spenders, cause they would have already gotten them in previous events anyway and for the other players it's not something they'll miss out on forever, because there were opportunities in the game before to acquire those (and potentially they'll be obtainable somewhere in the future again as well, who knows). And to be fair: Premium users who got them in previous events by purchasing diamonds will probably have had to pay less than they would for maintaining a first position in the FA rankings, if we're talking about really heavy spenders. So all in all these rewards are kind of unique (which they should be), but also do not mean that all other players will never be able to get those (like it would have been if we chose to put FA-only buildings in there, which we deliberately did not do).

Deleted User - 60107

@Marindor
Is it intended that some badges are not used AT ALL on the first difficulty? For example, I see no path that uses even ONE Farmers Delight Badge.

DeletedUser1677

Hi guys,

You will always have this problem when you give rewards based on ranking and you are a company that needs to make some money to survive :) However, we have specifically chosen to put the unique FA buildings in the FA Maps so every Fellowship can acquire those. The top rewards for the ranking lists are very nice, but are also buildings that players have been able to acquire through other game events as well. This means that they are somewhat less attractive for heavy spenders, cause they would have already gotten them in previous events anyway and for the other players it's not something they'll miss out on forever, because there were opportunities in the game before to acquire those (and potentially they'll be obtainable somewhere in the future again as well, who knows). And to be fair: Premium users who got them in previous events by purchasing diamonds will probably have had to pay less than they would for maintaining a first position in the FA rankings, if we're talking about really heavy spenders. So all in all these rewards are kind of unique (which they should be), but also do not mean that all other players will never be able to get those (like it would have been if we chose to put FA-only buildings in there, which we deliberately did not do).

The stage-prices is not that attractive. So in my fellowship, we was discussing, if we wanted to do the adventure.
Then we discovered the timeboosts. A thing that we could actually use.
The way to get those? High rankings ;)
Coin and supply boost, most of us really cant use. I use the wholesaler, because I often reach my mainhall limits.

Dony

King of Bugs
mana hut appears to be expiring building, how long till the effect expire? 5 days? i really dont like this expiring buildings, in this case its only 58% better then grapevine for who knows for how long and then gone forever, while grapevines stays in city till we replace them with something better, and its only 1 mana hut not 5 or 10, either it should have much higher stats if it is expiring like 500% instead of 58% or they should be more as reward not just 1
that assumption has disappeared :)

Last edited:

Marindor

@Marindor
Is it intended that some badges are not used AT ALL on the first difficulty? For example, I see no path that uses even ONE Farmers Delight Badge.

Yes, that is correct. For this Adventure that is, because every Adventure will get a new setup with different requirements and rewards :)