• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

ayvinul

You click the little plus button next your your SK total and it opens up a little menu where you buy SK with diamonds. On the last night of the event, I was at 250 of 260 staffs for the final building, so I went to that menu and spent 1200 diamonds for another 250 SK, which was just enough to get 10 more staffs. I actually won back 200 more SK while spending those 250, so I finished in Silver with 270 staffs.
Ouch, so in my case, it was 2400 diamonds to finish. A bit steep isn't it ?

(I don't have 2000 diamonds on beta)

Enevhar Aldarion

Ouch, so in my case, it was 2400 diamonds to finish. A bit steep isn't it ?

(I don't have 2000 diamonds on beta)

I don't spend money on Beta, except one single time for the smallest diamond package, so basically all my diamonds here are free from the game. I was a little over 3000 when I spent those 1200. And that is after spending the 1500 diamonds on the Royal prizes. Like almost everything else in this game, most free diamonds come from luck. Whether it is Genies or Goddess of Wishes or the crafting chest or chests in the Spire. Plus I just recently changed chapters, so there were the 400 diamonds from the scout chest and the portal selling quest. And Silver Spire very week for another 500 per month.

Avocado

But there is a way, just not for everybody, for 5-10% of most active players who also use a good strategy. At least I've got full set on every single event without spending a dime or FA. Well, I've spent a small package of diamonds to ensure gold league avatar once, but that wasn't required for a full set.

You were lucky. I have recapitulated the Forbidden Ruins event on the basis of @Jackluyt and @Eudaemonia s choice-of-beacon-tables, which say that with a wise chest choice: one Stave amounts to ~22 Scrolls. For the full set building you need 260 Staves, meaning 5720 Scrolls (22 per Stave assumes the kind of luck stated in the chest winnings happens at the stated percentage) You can collect 594 Scrolls from ALL droppings (27 per day), 3854 from quests, 660 from logins. These amount to 5108. Adding 100 Starting bonus, 300 storyline rewards, 100 ashen and 100 newsletter you can absolutely maximally collect 5708 Scrolls. (I found different info on how high newsletter reward (50-100) or the milestone-storyline rewards (160-300) are, so the sum might be even less).

So this means, if you have the average luck or better AND collecting everything, you'll get the set, but with luck below average or sleeping longer than 6hrs at night or not having the ashen phoenix or the newsletter, you will not get the set.

Enevhar Aldarion

@Avocado the thing that throws the minimum off is that many times during the event you will have a choice of 29, 60, 79 or 33, 58, 79, or other high cost combos, that inflates what you need. So bad luck at winning extra SK means no complete set.

Karvest

I've started with ~5700 on last day, without newsletter reward (never got it on beta), got additional login bonus at the last hours of event and finished with 280. Yes, I was lucky to get than many, but even if I was a bit less lucky, I still had a very good chance to get full set.

Enevhar Aldarion

I've started with ~5700 on last day, without newsletter reward (never got it on beta), got additional login bonus at the last hours of event and finished with 280. Yes, I was lucky to get than many, but even if I was a bit less lucky, I still had a very good chance to get full set.

There is no newsletter for Beta, but Beta starts with 100, while the Live servers start with 50, so we get half the newsletter 100 anyway.

guivou

luck is very important : on live 3 cities quite same number of scroll to spend (around 4300/4400 ) , at the end score 206 , 196 et 183
(with this trend at least one city won't get the full set )

Emily198097

I think it's high time we got universal evolves that would fit any evolving building we would like to upgrade. That would solve a lot of problems
Universal evolves would be an AMAZING reward for the top 5 teams in an FA or something. I don't need another ferris wheel! I LOVE the fa's but spending diamonds or money to get to the top for the crap prizes that are offered isn't worth it. I WOULD bust it out for universal evolves!

Avocado

So my calculation changes: No newsletter (-100) , but as Karvest actually started with 5700 Scrolls on the last day, I assume maybe I forgot the last login (+30) and the droppings amounted to another (+62) which would make them around 30 a day.

Does not change the overall result, though. With 5700 Scrolls you need average luck to get the full set. My understanding of probability math is, that there is a 50% chance of being unlucky (below average) , even if very actively collecting droppings at night..... I hope this is correct in terms of probability math.

If it is, we have here an event where there is a 50% chance of needing Diamonds to complete a very valuable set. Though mostly one will be relatively close and probably it would in most cases be enough to buy the small package of event currency.

maxiqbert

So my calculation changes: No newsletter (-100) , but as Karvest actually started with 5700 Scrolls on the last day, I assume maybe I forgot the last login (+30) and the droppings amounted to another (+62) which would make them around 30 a day.

Does not change the overall result, though. With 5700 Scrolls you need average luck to get the full set. My understanding of probability math is, that there is a 50% chance of being unlucky (below average) , even if very actively collecting droppings at night..... I hope this is correct in terms of probability math.

If it is, we have here an event where there is a 50% chance of needing Diamonds to complete a very valuable set. Though mostly one will be relatively close and probably it would in most cases be enough to buy the small package of event currency.
it is not.
There is a probability of being under the average though, so you're not guaranteed a full set even if you play right.

Enevhar Aldarion

btw, apart from new layout seems we will see other new things:
announcement banner for next FA like the one for upcoming events.
some new UI to check if everybody invested a badge on the map or not.

That may be connected to a suggestion sent to the devs a while ago from the US forum, for some way to see who has added a badge to a stage without having to look at every single waypoint for names.

Enevhar Aldarion

We've been asking for this on every forum every couple of months since August 2017

Well, the one I linked from the US forum was posted in by helya, who specifically said this one was voted in favor of by the CMS and forwarded to the devs. So I guess all those other tries were not good enough to get past the CM vote.

maxiqbert

Well, the one I linked from the US forum was posted in by helya, who specifically said this one was voted in favor of by the CMS and forwarded to the devs. So I guess all those other tries were not good enough to get past the CM vote.
there was one on the french forum, which passed too

maxiqbert

btw, apart from new layout seems we will see other new things:
announcement banner for next FA like the one for upcoming events.
some new UI to check if everybody invested a badge on the map or not.
new layout? can you share what we need to produce for each path?

Karvest

for now it's like this:
1645975101241.png

edeba

Unless more is added to FS perks, it isn't going to take that long to max on the perks of interest and then you are working on ones that don't matter to you, so FS experience is at best a shorter term benefit that doesn't give the FS much over the longer term. Indeed, our FS is woking on the 10kp perk, I suppose we might use one more tournament archive, and then the rest don't matter much.

Ranking points to players, not invisible FS ranking points, is a way better reward, and 50-125k ranking points for a win (2-5k per person) would perk some pretty strong competition. 125k, 75k, 50k, 40k, 30k, 20k, 10k, 5k, 4k, 3k, 2k, 1k for 1st to 12th place, for 5k to 40 ranking points.

Hapzim

What I am reading in the original announcement sounds great!! Reading the comments here has me worried.

I do have one question: Is this the same badges and requirements as before? If not, is there a list somewhere, or will I have to make one for my live world FS? I guess that's two questions. :)

Aerendil

Maribor, can you give us a fresh anouncement and not repost a thread from 2017, please? Its confusing
I understand only the today's post is relevant and describes all the changes

Last edited: