• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

maxiqbert

Well, to be honest it's a large players part opinion. I'm happy with players who pay to get an advantage, because they're helping keeping active the game (how many games have been shut down for being not enough supported from players?), but I really hate pushing (every type of) cities.
pushing is against the rules, so what's the point of saying it's bad?
It's not a feedback about the FA, now, is it?

My point is that WHATEVER CHEATERS DO, this format is pay to win, and so we're not playing it.

Edit : I hope you can see the difference between paying to get an advantage and paying to win.

Droopy

After running the exact same FA 4(?) times in a row what feedback are you expecting?

I can tell you that it's still super annoying that we have to manually hand in badges instead of collecting all 48h productions at once.
It's also still super annoying that building level 1 marble factories takes 40s instead of 10s like workshops.
It's still super annoying to open and close 5 windows every time we donate 10 KP to a wonder or complete a tournament encounter.

Any developer plans to fix those? Especially considering that they already know how as evidenced by the Craftsman's Challenges, the vision vapor roll-over in he MA and various other game aspects that already have these super obvious improvements that we've asked for for years?

Indeed doing a tournament and collecting is a bad RSI task.
Jumping between tournament, collecting witch hat, tournament, collecting elemental marble, tournament, collecting Ghost in a bottle, .... and so on.

If you could just collect your items and the tournament screen would stay open at the same page would already be a winner.

Enevhar Aldarion

My point is that WHATEVER CHEATERS DO, this format is pay to win, and so we're not playing it.

Edit : I hope you can see the difference between paying to get an advantage and paying to win.

Yep, that team in first place must be spending a lot of diamonds/money, or doing something, to be so far ahead so soon of the fellowship that has finished first the last couple of times.

PrimroseSylvia

I hope you can see the difference between explaining a point of view and being rude.

i won't pay to win
This is a personal choice. Respectable, but still personal. And just to be clear, neither I pay to win but "whales" exist and from time immemorial all gaming houses always look at them.

maxiqbert

I hope you can see the difference between explaining a point of view and being rude.

This is a personal choice. Respectable, but still personal. And just to be clear, neither I pay to win but "whales" exist and from time immemorial all gaming houses always look at them.
sorry for the rudeness

I don't mind that inno's going after some whales' money. But the obviousness of the pay to win with the residues in the pit makes this whole format totally not fun. And that's not a personal opinion. It's a fact. You can tell from the last pages of this thread.

edeba

I think the VV for the arcane residue is still too high. I think any recipe should give a residue, but 7 VV would be better.

I still think it was backwards to increase the farmer from 5x9hr to 10x9hr and the BS should have reduced the workshops from 5 to 2 or 3. As designed it is fine for getting through, but it is not balanced for competing because the demands to make farmers and BS are high. BS are about 3 times more costly to make than necklaces and 2.5 times more costly to make than statues. It was a great move to reduce the need to convert so much space for the level 1 ws and manufacturers, but the farmer move did the exact opposite, but put more stress and demand to convert space for level 1 workshops.

And then t1 goods purchases with supplies or coin aren't being counted towards the golden bracelets.

galrond

Many things have been said about the FA. Some things I agree with, some I don´t.
I won´t list them all. It would be like copy-pasteing my ealier posts
There´s some balancing issues. I agree with @Ainor surgestions about farmer and bracelet tokens. The rest are more or less fine by me except:
Why don´t all Enchantments, that you can produce in AM, count the same? I don´t see any good reason to discriminate between a CC from spire, a MM from tournament or a IM from academy o_O
But this is only minor reasons to hate the FA.
The real problem is, that the gathering of tokens are tedious and timeconsuming (as describet by @SoggyShorts and @Droopy ).
Untill they make the tokens tick in more smoothly, ppl will love to hate the FA with heart, soul and vengence :mad:

Btw. @maxiqbert I fail to see why the FA should be more "pay-to-win", than any other content in elvenar (or many other games).
And I don´t see the sharp distinction between "pay-to-get-an advantage" and "pay-to-win". To me one is a shade of the other.
It´s like saying: That car ain´t red, it´s crimson!

maxiqbert

Btw. @maxiqbert I fail to see why the FA should be more "pay-to-win", than any other content in elvenar (or many other games).
And I don´t see the sharp distinction between "pay-to-get-an advantage" and "pay-to-win". To me one is a shade of the other.
It´s like saying: That car ain´t red, it´s crimson!
the difference is subtil but real : in a pay to win situation, you cannot win unless you pay, regardless of efforts, strategy or anything. pay to get an advantage is a way to reduce the need to strategize or the efforts you need to make.

SoggyShorts

What I don't understand is why they don't TRY some of the suggested tweaks.
They have a Beta server, why not use it? Unless the devs are convinced that they got it perfect, test something out.
Drop VV to 7 or include wholesaler in bracelets, of remove some badges from pit or any number of other great suggestions from people who actually play the game.
They have literally nothing to lose and it might turn out better in which case they can launch it on live, if not then roll out the same as always.

Wowwie

Interesting The Fa is Pay to Win hum for me not Pay to Win
I ve been in 2 fine top fellowships and each Top win was always hard earned all night playing and producing fellowship team work to win

as supporting the Game I have no quams with that either
many players buy diamonds it what keeps the game going

Interesting to know what fake cities are ?may be not if your in a good fellowship with players you like
fake fellowship should not mater
its the team work you do together in the game that matters

is this all off topic for the feed back of the Fa
FEEDBACK
the Fa works fine we have done over and over
WHEN will there be a new fa to start testing
we had four to choose from before
I know we can not have the four same back
but we could have at least 3 different ones?
SUGGESTION
COULD THE FA HAVE A CHEST CHOICE TO CHOOSE FROM
THE OPTION BETWEEN AND ARTIFACT OR EVENT BUILDING THIS COULD BE A FEATURE ADDED TO
a second or third FA A would be the current version
type B a new Version could have and option choice for chests
Smile Have Nice Day !!:)

Graine

On the note of 'notices', I now have a rather large one with a huge padlock cluttering up my kingdom. :-(

Lovec Krys

Yep, that team in first place must be spending a lot of diamonds/money, or doing something, to be so far ahead so soon of the fellowship that has finished first the last couple of times.
By my opinion it is possible to get to the pit fast even without using diamonds if enough members uses the sama tactics as i did = craft everything i can resulting in the average income of 3 (residues / player / 6 hours (oh how i hate the recipes requiring blueprints blocking me 1 slot every 2nd or 3rd recipe round).
I can't garantee that it was our case since i'm aware of 1 our player using dia from Spire&Crafting for flipping recipes (not sure about the amount), but majority has used the same tactics described above
(with 15 of 25 players doing it you get at least 45 residues every 6 hours (someone, who wants, can count the numbers how time you need this way to finish the whole map if you exclude the first blue and last 2 yellow points of the 3rd map).

Long and short term preparation played also a role.
Long term like gathering stocks of CCs, time instants, etc..
Short term like making statues (not only them) in large enough quantities in advance (i had only limited supply of teleports, but still managed to have 150 statues finished shortly after FA has started (of total 185 i had)) (deleting 300+ T1 and placing 200 ws is some crazy clicking).
And i'm not sure how many FAs has been aware about the date of the FA in game files being there at least a week in advance (by the time FA was officialy announced, our statues has been half finished).

Adventure Junkies can get back to the winning FA, since this was a one time from us and if we ever decide to try to win FA again it won't be anytime soon.

maxiqbert

IMHO using time boosters is very close to using diamonds. I like to use my time boosters for the normal game, so no burning of those for any FA.

CrazyWizard

until two months ago was possible to donate pc to fellow via chat on the world map, I don't understand why it was removed
You still can but not anymore at every screen, I think you only can use it if you are in your own city.
There were some issues on other screens so they removed those options.

it's not pay to win the problem, are fellowships with "fake city" that killed any desire to compete. But this seems to have never been a problem for Inno...
Same here, and these days that picture keeps staying, the fun has been sucked out of the Fa already, and it seems to be impossible to return at least for me. I just can't have fun in it anymore.

CrazyWizard

IMHO using time boosters is very close to using diamonds. I like to use my time boosters for the normal game, so no burning of those for any FA.
It's not P2W for one simple reason, that "pay" part can be aquired fairly easy without paying at all.

But you have to make choices where to spend your free timeboosters / diamonds if you are want to compete for 1st place.
That you do not want to spend them in an FA is your choice. but that does not make it P2W.

maxiqbert

It's not P2W for one simple reason, that "pay" part can be aquired fairly easy without paying at all.

But you have to make choices where to spend your free timeboosters / diamonds if you are want to compete for 1st place.
That you do not want to spend them in an FA is your choice. but that does not make it P2W.
I can only agree.
Still, I won't participate in this time instants fest. Even less pay to cycle the recipes.

The Fairy

But it is normal play for me to use time boosters to speed up crafting ;) I may be strange, but I actually find many of the items I can craft useful - and even craft some of the less useful sometimes if they give a lot of vision vapor to get more chances to win the 500 diamonds from the vision vapor chest:)