• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser1677

@Marindor said it was supposed to be only mages and AM who can make that click, but that it may have changed(investigating).
I'd suggest demoting everyone you don't regularly communicate with to fellow if it goes live as is.
At the danish server, only the leader have a high rank. So wont be a problem there :)

DeletedUser2002

The pay goods requirements really get silly in stage 2. Only Fellowships with ALOT of top ranked members will be able to afford to pay the 2nd and 3rd tiers goods to advance the yellow path. Just like the "Pay Goods" quests in events, these waypoint requirements are unfair and a huge burden to all but the top players/Fellowships in the game.

Calenmir

This is just really badly designed.

The "pay" functionality keeps mentioning diamonds and is confusing players who think they have the badges but get shown the diamond cost regardless.

@Grace ,
I thought I earned a badge. I did the quest. It said the prize was a badge. I went to add the badge and it wants diamonds. Would you please explain what you mean above? Please? I've gone to support and asked TWICE for help. I get 'non' answers to my questions. They seem incapable of addressing my actual question.

Would you be so kind as to help me? If I didn't earn a badge through the quest then I don't understand the point of the quests. I'm so confused right now. Thank you.

DeletedUser2003

@calenmir One of my players is having the same issue. I have taken her thru all the steps 1-by-1 in chat: click here, open this, look for green box with + sign...she said box is blue and "pay 300 diamonds" next to it. I asked her to hover over badge icon next to Fellowship Adventures in top center box and tell me what badges she has earned. She has the badge she is trying to place, but is unable to place it. We are still waiting for a response from Support... :oops:

DeletedUser1163

No, on average it would be safe to say we plan to run it about once per month, though it will also depend on which other events are running. We're already getting feedback about players feeling we have too many events, too quickly after each other so we will take that into account with planning these Adventures as well.
Thank goodness!! The game developers should know we Elvenar players do "have a life." Playing games should not consume most of our time. How are we to invent things or write books or make beautiful art if all we do is play games? So thank you for taking that into account and only having the Fellowship Adventure run about once per month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calenmir

@calenmir One of my players is having the same issue. I have taken her thru all the steps 1-by-1 in chat: click here, open this, look for green box with + sign...she said box is blue and "pay 300 diamonds" next to it. I asked her to hover over badge icon next to Fellowship Adventures in top center box and tell me what badges she has earned. She has the badge she is trying to place, but is unable to place it. We are still waiting for a response from Support... :oops:
Well first they edited my (initial) post and now it seems they've deleted it. But I know you saw it and you understand. Just know you won't get help from support.

DeletedUser1163

Just check what resources are needed for each waypoint (you can do that any time), then tell the rest of the Fellowship: For the red path we need this, this and this; for the blue path we need that, that and that; and for the green path we need the following... I suggest we take this path due to these reasons. Then let people decide on their own what to produce.

The only time you need an Ambassador or Archmage is when you have reached the final reward and want to collect it so that you can open the next difficulty. The rest can be done by anyone.
Thank you Shadowblack for helping me understand a wee bit more than I did before. Since I'm not online when the rest of my fellowship is, I will make them all Ambassadors. This way they can unlock the waypoints and final reward, if I'm not around. If I understand the rules of this FA correctly, some fellowship members will miss out on the rewards if the waypoint is unlocked before they get there, but, let's face it, no one has the time when they're playing a game, to wait for others to catch up.

DeletedUser1163

I just started the blue path, not knowing what i was doing, so I hope the fellowship doesn't get mad with me.

I did ask if a path had been chosen but hours later and no answer so what the heck.
I'm assuming we can take a different path for the following levels anyway.
I'm starting to understand this new Fellowship Adventures feature from reading all our posts. Thank you guys. We can choose our own paths but if we work together as a team and choose one path, we will reach the waypoints quicker and without having to spend so many of our goods. Correct me if I'm wrong.

DeletedUser1998

I'm starting to understand this new Fellowship Adventures feature from reading all our posts. Thank you guys. We can choose our own paths but if we work together as a team and choose one path, we will reach the waypoints quicker and without having to spend so many of our goods. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sounds right to me :)

1 path takes you to the next level but if you want to maximize ranking and have the resources you can do all 3 before moving on.

Our fellowship will likely take the quick route through stage 1 and 2 and if we have time do multiples in stage 3

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Thank goodness!! The game developers should know we Elvenar players do "have a life." Playing games should not consume most of our time. How are we to invent things or write books or make beautiful art if all we do is play games? So thank you for taking that into account and only having the Fellowship Adventure run about once per month.
You know that there are thousands upon thousands of games, right? How do we find time to write books and invent things with all of those games out there?
Pretty simple really--you just don't play them all. Does that mean there should be less games out there? Or only exactly the amount of gaming that you personally want to do, and forget everyone else?o_O
Also, if you have more than 1 city, it certainly wouldn't seem fair if you complained that there is too much content, right?

DeletedUser1998

You know that there are thousands upon thousands of games, right? How do we find time to write books and invent things with all of those games out there?
Pretty simple really--you just don't play them all. Does that mean there should be less games out there? Or only exactly the amount of gaming that you personally want to do, and forget everyone else?o_O
Also, if you have more than 1 city, it certainly wouldn't seem fair if you complained that there is too much content, right?

Spot on Soggy, and at least in this game the events etc. are really optional - unlike some games where if you don't do them all you fall behind.

Marindor

Well first they edited my (initial) post and now it seems they've deleted it. But I know you saw it and you understand. Just know you won't get help from support.

Please stop bad talking about my support team, because they're doing a great job helping everybody out. I have seen your support ticket and the answer in there is perfectly correct, but please just take some time to read it carefully. Also: Please read this thread before just commenting on it because it's something that has been addressed here a couple of times as well, so please let me try to make it clear to you once more:

First of all: Your badge has been given to you correctly. If you open the Fellowship Adventures map and hover over the tricolored icon on top of your screen, you will see a list of badges and your Carpenters Guild badge is in there. Our support team checked this for you and I just checked this myself for you as well. It's there and it's shown correctly in your game as well.

Secondly (and that's the part that's confusing you): When you put in your badges/items at a Waypoint, the text on the button always says "Pay" and you always see the amount of diamonds you'd have to pay for that badge if you wouldn't have it in your inventory to put it in. "Pay" here is a confusing word and we will make sure to change it to e.g. "Use" or "Contribute" before releasing the Adventures to our Live servers, based on the feedback we got from our Beta players. So yes: We know it's confusing, but as our support team explained to you: When you put in your badge and press that button, no diamonds will be deducted from your account.

It's been explained a couple of times in this thread as well in various ways, even with other players posting images to make it even more clear so if you still have questions about it, please take some time to read this thread. Maybe a different way of explaining it, would make it clear for you.

I will now also answer you through your support ticket myself, so please let's continue this there so we can keep this thread clean for further feedback. Thank you :)

DeletedUser2132

i would suggest you and the others who are also in a fellowship like this, just leave the FS and reform it with people who are still playing. There is only room for 25 people in a fellowship and if you want to compete in the adventures, it doesn't make sense to only compete with 24 people when you could easily do it with 25 if you reformed
Yes, we are talking about doing this after the event :) Thank you!

Isioloder

So, if I understand it correctly, because the adventure items are permanent, theoretically it is possible to grind them for some time and one day do whole the Adventure solo. But, on the other hand, you can not solo absolutely anything unless you are at least a mage, since you are not allowed to open the chest - and at least the first stage is easy enough to be done solo. I believe that many people from less active fellowships will be forced to think about changing them. In addition, not only that the fellowships with about five time to time playing members will probably not be able to complete anything, because the mage could have hollyday or no lust for playing, but even the more active could have grave problems to discuss the strategy. In my opinion, the decision will be taken by one or two ledaers and the others will simply have to follow the orders, otherwise it will not work. I can not imagine many fellowships having 10-15 members online at one moment - especially if half is from USA and half from EU, ready to discuss something seriously. And when the decision is taken, while I am not online, will someone care to tell me what shold I do? I cannot imagine a mage sending each member a message explaining the plan and what the one concrete person should do, so all the members could participate, especially if the mage does not know which player will take part and which not. So, many fellowships will go for some ad hoc plan anyway.

Second thing, I think that many players could be very disappointed. You call that adventure, you create a nicely-looking map, but you don't tell players what for a place it is, where it came from or why they have to produce all the stuff. I don't see any adventure in madly producing goods and supplies. Maybe a band of undead creatures surprisingly attacking here and there could change that a bit, but for the moment, the biggest adventure for many players could be looking for more active fellowship.

And the last thing, maybe there could be some sign saying where the starting point of the adventure map is. I spent a long while looking on the final point instead, just beceuse it atracted my attention more, and somehow could not figure out, that I should start with that inconspicuous point on the bottom. :)

DeletedUser

For everybody who is afraid to unintentionally spend diamonds: adjust your advanced setting and mark diamond conformation. Never ever spend 1 diamond if I didn't want to ;)

dia conformation.jpg

DeletedUser

What happens if the top ranking FS's are tied at the end of the adventures?
We keep swopping positions with other FS's and even tough we were top rank #1, any other FS that equals our score, push's us to #2 ?

DeletedUser1677

A little idea:

Instead of having to scroll through the quests by declining, why not letting us choose from a list?
Of course switching to another quest, would remove the progress from the quest we switch out, like now.

I'm thinking, that if we click decline quest A, a list should pop up, with the possible quests. Then we could choose what we want instead, on place A. The quest we have going on place B, should ofcourse not be on the list.

It would be SO much easier :)

---

A compliment:
This event gives a bit more communication in my fellowship. I'm not the leader, but I'm trying to do like:
"I think we should take the blue one. Your choise if you want to do that path, no harm done if you take other waypoints, because that helps our ranking"
And:
"We need 2 carpenters for the blue we are at, it would be lovely if somebody could help :D "

You know, positive suggesting, not getting angry that not everybody wants to help :)
Maybe somebody else can use that in their fellowships :)

And something ppl have to remember:
If you, (because you have a life :p ) are running 1 day workshops, you could scroll to the quest before collecting. That way gaining badges.
And then, if your fellowship asks for that badge, you can help with that :D
So I dont think ppl should getting angry about the time they have to spend. Because in many fellowships, there is a few with more time, that can handle the 5-15 min quests :)

Dony

King of Bugs
A little idea:

Instead of having to scroll through the quests by declining, why not letting us choose from a list?
Of course switching to another quest, would remove the progress from the quest we switch out, like now.

I'm thinking, that if we click decline quest A, a list should pop up, with the possible quests. Then we could choose what we want instead, on place A. The quest we have going on place B, should ofcourse not be on the list.

It would be SO much easier
i wanted to post something similar myself, another option with listing all quests could be when you click on the title of the quest on top
and since every quest has different name now it would be easy to decide which quest you want.
58.jpg

DeletedUser

That option Dony suggest looks nice, would be even better is we can switch between quest without losing any progress for an unfinished one.

DeletedUser1677

That option Dony suggest looks nice, would be even better is we can switch between quest without losing any progress for an unfinished one.
But would maybe make it too easy. I think that some of the challenge, is that you can only have 2 quests open at the same time :)