• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

PrimroseSylvia

Mine is already upgraded (yesterday afternoon) but no FA available.

9oid6hO.jpg

Buttrflwr

I agree that FA are tedious and in my live cities I will not be doing them. I don't agree that Inno is closing the game. FA are a money maker for them. It seems to me that some players just need an outlet to pout instead of trying to build their cities to whatever they want. My 2 FS think I am nuts. I am working on upgrading all of my AW's and not the tech tree. It helps in tournaments and that is my focus.

On my live server, K, we are #2 FS, have placed in all FA's, 1st in 2 or 3, and 2nd and 3rd in the others. I have always given my members the option of voting whether or not to do them. THIS time, it was almost unanimous....NO. Even though we did place 1st in the last FA, there weren't SIXTEEN BADGES to make, meaning endless decline clicking. Until Inno fixes that, I am afraid they are going to lose more FS participation. We are a tourney based FS, we place 1st on our server every week (except for one) and that is our focus. And with the new race coming out, and many of us waiting on that, we (and many others) are just not inclined to spend endless hours clicking decline (or Awesome, for that matter). We aren't pouting, it just isn't worth the time and effort spent, even with the "cool new prize". I have a job, a full time, very demanding job. I don't need another. o_O
I LOVED the FA's, was GUNG HO to participate, until they started being shoved down my throat. And became the tedious, time consuming, endless clicking nightmares they are today. Leave them all more like the last one, they aren't so bad. Keep adding all these extra badges without fixing stuff, meh. :rolleyes:
That is all. </endrant> :p
Thanks for letting me share. :cool:

edeba

My sense is that this FA is really icky, more icky than most... Will pass this on to my live group.

On my live server, K, we are #2 FS, have placed in all FA's, 1st in 2 or 3, and 2nd and 3rd in the others. I have always given my members the option of voting whether or not to do them. THIS time, it was almost unanimous....NO. Even though we did place 1st in the last FA, there weren't SIXTEEN BADGES to make, meaning endless decline clicking. Until Inno fixes that, I am afraid they are going to lose more FS participation. We are a tourney based FS, we place 1st on our server every week (except for one) and that is our focus. And with the new race coming out, and many of us waiting on that, we (and many others) are just not inclined to spend endless hours clicking decline (or Awesome, for that matter). We aren't pouting, it just isn't worth the time and effort spent, even with the "cool new prize". I have a job, a full time, very demanding job. I don't need another. o_O
I LOVED the FA's, was GUNG HO to participate, until they started being shoved down my throat. And became the tedious, time consuming, endless clicking nightmares they are today. Leave them all more like the last one, they aren't so bad. Keep adding all these extra badges without fixing stuff, meh. :rolleyes:
That is all. </endrant> :p
Thanks for letting me share. :cool:

TomatoeHu

Inspired by our fellowship, this spoiler FA Spreadsheet Translated was formatted to include 5 languages.

@Arayla and I have teamed up to create this version of the Derp Alliance FA spreadsheet (previously shared before) so that there is
English, French, Swedish, Lithuanian and German translations on it. We also added in new tabs : help, instructions and pivot table.

You will need to click "File" and then click "Make a Copy"

Simple steps to copy and paste the correct number of sign up spots are required to adjust the sheet to your fellowships chosen paths/ routes. Color coding the Stages is optional for those who are or are not, into the colors :) Questions and translation corrections can be messaged to either Arayla or myself - Google translate was used and grammar and slang may have been overlooked when proofing the sheet prior to translation.

Karvest

Looking at our FS such spreadsheets are too huge to be used. We stick with a simple table were players need to fill in only their current amount of badges + amount of started long (1-2days) badges in production and look at the header of the table to decide which badges are needed more (current investment state is updated by me each time I look at the map). An even such simple thing is updated way slower than it should be for realtime planning, some player's rows can be outdated for more than 2 days (my sheet have color coding that shows how long ago each row was updated)... If you require more things to fill - even less people use it correctly and regularly.

Jackluyt

All about the new Fellowship Adventures!
You are welcome to share this with friends and fellowship who do not have Beta accounts.
:)

Give it a Like and Subscribe on YouTube if you would like notifications when we post similar News videos.

Konniver

Does anyone know how points provided by the new buildings are classified in the popup when hovering over your rank in game?

edeba

I looked and I couldn't quite figure out how this would be used.

Inspired by our fellowship, this spoiler FA Spreadsheet Translated was formatted to include 5 languages.

@Arayla and I have teamed up to create this version of the Derp Alliance FA spreadsheet (previously shared before) so that there is
English, French, Swedish, Lithuanian and German translations on it. We also added in new tabs : help, instructions and pivot table.

You will need to click "File" and then click "Make a Copy"

Simple steps to copy and paste the correct number of sign up spots are required to adjust the sheet to your fellowships chosen paths/ routes. Color coding the Stages is optional for those who are or are not, into the colors :) Questions and translation corrections can be messaged to either Arayla or myself - Google translate was used and grammar and slang may have been overlooked when proofing the sheet prior to translation.

DeletedUser1767

It's a way of keeping everything organised so that everyone knows who has what and what is still needed, and also so that it's easier to tell if there's someone who still needs to insert a badge before changing the map. It's particularly useful early on, when there are relatively few insertion slots (if you're only doing one path) and you don't anyone getting left out, but it's also helpful later, in that it's much less likely you'll suddenly need one more statue no one has made, or discover that everyone made bracelets instead of necklaces or flacons. My favourite part, personally, is that I can always figure out what I should be making next even if no one else is around to ask when I happen to check my city.

Elderflower

Delighted to have the Fellowship Adventures on mobile at last. They seem better there - at least clicking through the tasks is so much easier and quicker. Now I want to know if the new loading screen with its trinity of eyestones is anything to do with the FAs or is a harbinger of something else

Arayla

Love, love, love the FA on mobile. I think I just stopped hating the FA.

Quest cycling is so much faster and easier.

Looks like the Wonder badge can be completed in app by donating to one's own wonders.

Elderflower

Love, love, love the FA on mobile. I think I just stopped hating the FA.

Quest cycling is so much faster and easier.

Looks like the Wonder badge can be completed in app by donating to one's own wonders.
Yes I just got the Wonder badge by doing exactly that.

Dony

King of Bugs
Is there any reason why mobile app got "next" in FA quest cycling while browser version didnt? Whole quest system is exactly the same as it was 1 year ago, its kinda unfair to all browser users who where pointing this out nonstop and then all they got is laugh from mobile users. This button should be in browser version for months now and i hope this was the last FA without improvements.
Its sad that such cool feature has such low priority to get fixed.

TomatoeHu

Here is just some examples of how it is used during an FA and the advantages I have experienced. Using it on Beta and two US servers has shown very similar results and the players are the variance in how successful your team is at completing the FA. Team work can really make the FA a fun experience and un-sportsman like attitudes from players can really make it a not so fun experience. But data is data and having it can only put you at the advantage of knowing whether you will be successful or not in the current FA.

We use this spreadsheet in Derp Alliance so everyone can sign up for at least one spot per stage/ map, ensures everyone gets a prize. Makes it easier for the AM to see who has or has not inserted. The sign up procedure allows for players to get their "easy to make" badges done and keeps them from being stuck making a brewery badge with only 5 workshops. After preferred badge types are signed up, the more eager players make up the missing badges. Players can indicate they are starting a badge, ready with the badge and once inserted, can switch it to indicate "used". Having a sign up helps manage the longer production badges like Statues, Diamonds and Blacksmiths.

This sheet helps prevents extra badges from being made - you can go as far as you like and add all 9 paths to the sheet if you are that committed to the FA's or, like its set up now, to do one path per map. No need to waste any time declining or making the wrong badges. The sheet is given to the fellowship as a link so they can mange their badges on their time without needing help and direction past telling them to do which colored path. They can decide what to make and sign up independently. The most you need from your members is to ask them to type their names in the empty cells next to the drop downs in the badge column. After they insert you can use the drop downs to indicate Used as you like or minimize the work and encourage everyone to only use the ready drop down. The sheet displays the Needed Badges which is ideal for planners and the pivot table has management of the sheet broken up to include each drop down's totals for each player. If you are looking for specific badges, you can find easier the stage they are at by clicking the tabs for Started, Ready or Used.

We usually have the sheet prepped when an FA is announced and released to the fellows to advance sign up. Prep can include changing all the number of sign ups per badge column and switching the colors for each stage (if you do different paths like we do each time) depending on the version released. Each FA can be different and players are always in a different situation for extra space in their cities. Signing up reduces the stress of not knowing when you will have badges and not knowing who has them for each stage. Since there are no freely inserted badges when working off a sign up, everyone gets the badges they made in each map without feeling they worked hard for nothing, they are guaranteed their stage prize and they can know their contribution allowed the team to reach its goal.

So those are the reasons why Derp uses the sheet and how it helps us get through each FA with the least badges & time wasted. It may not be applicable to all fellowships or individual fellowship needs but in case it can help someone's fellowship, I like to share what has helped us win the three prizes.