• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser2435

It's getting ridiculous to collect a certain badge 5 times to have to rotate 15 quests x 5.... 75 times.... insane,,,,

Badge should be collected like achievements without a need to a quest open.
And introducing achievements would also be a good idea,

Jaxom

34k is ok, but none of the top guilds (however you define top) bothers doing the FA (not worth the hasstle) on that live server.
So now the 'small' or 'little' FS get a chance of doing these, and im fine with that they deserve the good feeling of winning too. If the FA ever turns into something fun, or the rewards turn into something good, or if all the clicking is finally fixed, then im sure youll see a big change in the competition and you'll see much larger numbers.

PS: im sorry i dont know how i can describe small and big FS without offending someone (im sure i did that somehow in my post)

I am so glad to hear someone once again refer to that one part of the FA which truly is noteworthy, the clicking. If they ever changed their click-centric system to a sensible one it might make FAs almost fun to do even with the lousy rewards. But combine the two, rewards and clicking, and it really is a mess. I only do them because I am an Archmage and feel I should support the team in what they are doing.

Calenmir

Fortunately my FS has opted out of the FA. I know we are the beta folks, but enough is enough. You aren't offering decent awards, you've done nothing to rectify the hits we all took in the recent rebalance (which should have coincided with the release of the spells). No spells in sight. Mods telling us not to sell the (now) worthless event buildings because spells 'are coming' but won't commit to a time frame.

Erratic releases - let's release rebalance of event buildings which we know will kill quite a few cities and promise spells (with no actual date of release). Now instead of the promised spells, let's release an update to chat and make them go through another FA??? Why? Enough folks use chat regularly that testing it with an FA is ridiculous. Come on - enough. Does anyone over there actually listen to the feedback?

DeletedUser1912

I quit the FA in Beta and 4/5 of my Fellowships in live have opted to boycott this and future FAs until they are completely restructured with reasonable quests, decent rewards and changes to the "decline" farce.

SoggyShorts

Why not have the possibility to select one from a "Drop Down List"?
IMO a drop down is the weakest fix. If they are going to overhaul it and implement something new, they should go with @lord drac's idea:
fa quest01.png

edeba

I completely agree with this format you suggest Soggy. I think you would need a third page for all of the badges. But I'd like to see it go even a step further and what you have left or collect over starts on the next badge.

How the FA should work is you go in and do your regular collections and then you open that page and collect your badges, and if it was 12 hours since you last got on, you might have 3 guard badges instead of one. And those 50 workshops making toolkits, well, open the FA badge pop-up after collecting and there are 10 badges there.

Why can't we just have that to look at where we are on our badges, and have the badges just scroll, "+1 blacksmith" kind of thing?

And some badges a just dumb. What have the 100 goods with the spell badges? Seriously, collect a spell from the tournament, go to the main page, collect 100 goods, scroll through upteen other badges to get back to that spell badge, reload the map, and do the next province. It was not designed for fun! Those badges should just be the spells and when we collect a spell it should just add to our inventory.

And speaking of inventory, how's this for trying to communicate with the rest of the FA, go to the FA page, scroll to see what your have, try to enter into the group FA spreadsheet, game locks ups after and entry, reload the game, go back to the FA page, get one or two more badges recorded on the FA spreadsheet before the game crashes again... Same deal with the crashing when you try and communicate via the email, from data in the spreadsheet.

This is just an unnecessary step because there are NO FA management tools. We should be able to see how many we have of a badge, and at least the total between all players in the fellowship.

IMO a drop down is the weakest fix. If they are going to overhaul it and implement something new, they should go with @lord drac's idea:
View attachment 4269

DeletedUser2312

I agree with most of the points. But you needn't go to the FA-page to see your inventory. You can see it at your town at the right upper corner of the timer of the FA.
The autocollect of badges would be really good for the sacks of gold. The best way to solve the quest is to do nbh at your neighbor with the app. The wonder society would be better the same way, if when you use a 30-KP or 20-KP-spell at foreign wonder, you should get 3 or 2 of the badges.

Dony

King of Bugs
The worst part is we dont know at which point they are with this change, either they are still in brainstorming phase where all ideas are needed, or they already decided what they want to do and its now about designing it and making tech behind it, at which point our ideas are useless to be considered. The problem is we dont have any feedback from devs until its released on beta, i would rather have facebook session to take 5 minutes to talk about it, showing 2-3 best ideas with pros and cons then talking about unicorns once again. That way devs can connect with their players, players can make much better focused feedback (we dont need anymore to speculate) on every forums, they can even make polls what players like more from possible sollutions.

I dont think that this change can be considered as top secret and nobody can talk about it, we all know what this quest system is all about, and if there are 2 options where 1st will take longer but would be much more user friendly and second would be easier to implement but just a bit better than what we have now, i would rather wait few more months.

Heymrdiedier

The worst part is we dont know at which point they are with this change, either they are still in brainstorming phase where all ideas are needed, or they already decided what they want to do and its now about designing it and making tech behind it, at which point our ideas are useless to be considered. The problem is we dont have any feedback from devs until its released on beta, i would rather have facebook session to take 5 minutes to talk about it, showing 2-3 best ideas with pros and cons then talking about unicorns once again. That way devs can connect with their players, players can make much better focused feedback (we dont need anymore to speculate) on every forums, they can even make polls what players like more from possible sollutions.

I dont think that this change can be considered as top secret and nobody can talk about it, we all know what this quest system is all about, and if there are 2 options where 1st will take longer but would be much more user friendly and second would be easier to implement but just a bit better than what we have now, i would rather wait few more months.
I share this vision completly. The problem is, if they change something and we dont like it, i doubt the product manager is gonna allow the devs to spend even more time on it afterwards. So i also would rather have some pre-feedback to make sure it ends up as something good. I like referenda :)

Heymrdiedier

For sure. You should be able to collect 55 beverages, and cash in a dwarf badge, leaving you with 05/50 for your next one.
most likely if you collect 55 without 'collecting' your quest, you would have 0/50 after collecting the quest. I dont think they plan to autocollect questrewards (which is what you are implying here).

SoggyShorts

most likely if you collect 55 without 'collecting' your quest, you would have 0/50 after collecting the quest. I dont think they plan to autocollect questrewards (which is what you are implying here).
If that's the case, then all ideas are still crap.
A decent between-chapters turd town can have 20 sets of level 1 T1 buildings. If you have to very carefully collect 1 of each, hand it in and repeat, then that still blows.

It is certainly possible for them to make it so that you can safely "clean sweep" your city, and anything less than that would be a sad improvement.
We can collect thousands of snowflakes and spend them down 50 at a time, I see no reason this wouldn't be possible with beverages/dwarf badges.

DeletedUser

sd88.png

FYI new adventure for the 25/06 ... ONLY for the live :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1075

New FA 8/8/18...

I think if the trophy buildings were good enough to make it worthwhile to play, maybe. But with a new chapter and most of us unable to spare the space to build all the extra little lvl 1 manus and workshops, I dunno. I guess I'll see what my FS says. I'm not really excited about this one.

I think the quest rotation issue is a big enough monster that it hides several other issues with the FA. It would be great to get the quest issue solved somehow, so that we could get excited again and really think about how an FSvFS competition could work. I do appreciate all the work that the mods and testers have put into this, but I'm betting they were equally disappointed that we're still doing the same FA structure again.

Deleted User - 60107

My first reaction was: Oh, gods, not another one!

My second reaction was: Who thought it was a good idea to start a new FA so soon after a new chapter?

That's actually a very good question. Most players that were at the end of Elementals have likely started the new chapter by now so free space is at a premium. Those new rewards better be really good, else I doubt many people would choose the new FA over the new chapter.

DeletedUser594

To hot for new FA. :(

Can't this thread not be restarted for each FA ? 54 pages of comments on everything what's wrong with FA is more then enough for me. :eek:

Same here, already resigned from the live server and just hanging in here.
It looks like Inno's working towards closing this game, wouldn't be the first one!!!