• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser2324

i heavily dislike that you keep all badges and keep adding new ones on top of it WITHOUT giving us an easier way to accept the quests we need..

not to mention that the app doesn't support the feature currently... i have a couple of fellowships by now and in all of them over 50% are using mainly the app, making it less than 10 people who can participate .. yet you plan those FA for FULL fellowships where ALL members take part... considering that in my country stupid flu is taking out another 50% of usually active players.. I have roughly 4-7 people who could participate.. but won't if neither stage rewards are approbiate for the effort we put into it NOR the time factor is being taken into account NOR the fact that for spells most people don't have more than a lv 2 or 3 MA... and no.. no one of us goes into the 4 or 5th round of tournaments in our fellowships.. people do them for fun..

the first thing my mage in the beta fellowship said was a clear " we don't have to take part" ... she is more than right... and a heads up less than 48 hours before it starts.. is a bit "short"

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

I beg to differ
As far as I can tell your only objection to this has been that you want to have 2 spell quests open at the same time.
Well guess what?
You still can!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Just split it so that the EE quest is on one giver and the MM quest is on the other!
Poof, you can have 2 open again!

Unless you have another logical objection?

DeletedUser1665

Seriously an FA and we have to use mail to coordinate who does what in our fellowship?

Chat is an integral part of competition in FA. Personally I wish the developers would get off their butt's and fix problems instead of dreaming up new wrenches to throw into the mix that will add problems down the line. What ever happened to all the complaint's about being able to find the Builder (AKA redesigning it with a hammer or something above it to make it easier to find), what ever happened to the Blueprints for the non-diamond players (AKA instant for residences, plain and simple). Let's just skip fixing communication between fellowships and throw up something that takes time, communication and coordination between everyone in your fellowship instead of fixing the problem. Rant over.................

SoggyShorts

@Marindor
Is there any indication of whether the developers are aware of the suggestion to split the quests?
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/split-fa-quests-for-2-quest-givers.10072/
Since it is well within the current quest structure, and a very reasonable improvement that could be quickly implemented, either
  1. they are aware and have dismissed it
  2. they are aware and are considering it
  3. they are not aware of it.
If it's #1 or #2, that's fine (I'd like an explanation, but do I do not expect one) but if it is #3, I would like to push that it be passed on to them as an option before the FA begins. At least before it begins on Live if not Beta.

Thank you.

SoggyShorts

I like the idea of giving the same FA quest that was just completed, and switching to next one only on pressing decline button. Not sure how easy it can be done serverside, but that is optimal solution for FA quests without full remake of quest system .
Yup, I like that one as well, even better than splitting the quests. But I also have no idea how hard that is to implement. I know for a fact that splitting the quests is doable without any need for additional coding.

Dony

King of Bugs
@Marindor You mentioned 1 bug that won't be fixed for the FA. Any idea if this one will be fixed?
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...peating-quests-dont-load-a-second-cycle.9556/

This bug is a major hindrance to an FA that relies on cycling quests. To have to refresh every cycle is extremely annoying and slows down the whole process even more.
this should be fixed because you cant click outside of awesome window or press ESC to close it anymore, which caused this bug

Marindor

@Marindor
Is there any indication of whether the developers are aware of the suggestion to split the quests?
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/split-fa-quests-for-2-quest-givers.10072/

Yes, we are aware of several possibilities and they're all being considered but in our current quest system they are not as easy to implement as you'd like to think :) If we would go for some temporary solutions before the main overhaul, at least they won't be ready for this next round.

@Marindor You mentioned 1 bug that won't be fixed for the FA. Any idea if this one will be fixed?
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...peating-quests-dont-load-a-second-cycle.9556/

This bug is a major hindrance to an FA that relies on cycling quests. To have to refresh every cycle is extremely annoying and slows down the whole process even more.

The general bug is still open internally (or: confirmed on our forums). Like Dony said, other changes have been made which influence the occurence of this bug as well, but we'll have to see how they turn out in the next FA round.

DeletedUser2326

The bug is that if you have a T4 producting factory, when you finish the 3 hour production of sentient goods, it counts as a 1 day production, and if you use the 9 hour production of sentient goods, it counts as a 2 day production.

Maybe I'm still asleep or just plain dumb, but what the heck are sentient goods? I looked up the definition, but it doesn't seem to tie with the production of goods.

Buttrflwr

@Marindor
I have always been respectful, but I have to ask...WHY does @innogames keep pushing out these FA when overwhelmingly Beta responses are NEGATIVE about doing them with the current reward/quest/bugs systems in place? My FS placed 1st and 2nd respectively in the last 2 live FA, but we are seriously considering just skipping any more until some of these issues are addressed. You say that postponing them is not an option, but WHY? It just makes no sense to ignore Beta feedback on something as huge as this. I know the majority of players would welcome a break from something so tedious, with so little reward.
Thanking you in advance for an informative reply. :cool::rolleyes:

EDIT: Traveling Merchants are probably the WORST prize in the history of this game. I built mine, and deleted them. I know this falls under my initial "reward" complaint, but I truly feel that I needed to single these cruddy little bldgs out. :mad: Thanks for listening. ;)

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

@Marindor
I have always been respectful, but I have to ask...WHY does @innogames keep pushing out these FA when overwhelmingly Beta responses are NEGATIVE about doing them with the current reward/quest/bugs systems in place? My FS placed 1st and 2nd respectively in the last 2 live FA, but we are seriously considering just skipping any more until some of these issues are addressed. You say that postponing them is not an option, but WHY? It just makes no sense to ignore Beta feedback on something as huge as this. I know the majority of players would welcome a break from something so tedious, with so little reward.
Thanking you in advance for an informative reply. :cool::rolleyes:

EDIT: Traveling Merchants are probably the WORST prize in the history of this game. I built mine, and deleted them. I know this falls under my initial "reward" complaint, but I truly feel that I needed to single these cruddy little bldgs out. :mad: Thanks for listening. ;)

From what i see on my live server, some Fellowships seem to enjoy them. They probably also have statistics that show participation on each server, and i assume it doesnt show people not doing it. And lastly and most importantly, i think theres also some people spending diamonds on these cause they think they are just gonna miss out on some prize. (so spending diamonds to avoid furstration)

I agree with most of the (negative) feedback on the FA tho, but that doesnt mean they need to stop doing FA at all.
(on my live server, we were also first in the 1st FA, and afterwards we didnt really bother doing it anymore, and we probably wont go all out again untill the endless clicking is done. But we still do a little bit of FA tho without even considering to spend diamonds or time reducing instants on it)

iDavis

The reason why is Travelling merchant so unprofitable is, that system of resources in game is not so good. All the time, since beginning, we´re producing these resources and we have hundreds of thousands, milions of them. And now, few hundreds as addition, that´s not interesting for anybody. I do not like FoE so much, but system of resources is one of things it has definitely better.
If travelling merchant was producing guest race resources, that would be cool and even more valuable. :cool:

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

WHY does @innogames keep pushing out these FA when overwhelmingly Beta responses are NEGATIVE about doing them with the current reward/quest/bugs systems in place? My FS placed 1st and 2nd respectively in the last 2 live FA, but we are seriously considering just skipping any more
Your second sentence answers your question.:oops:
You (along with most of us) give negative feedback on the FA, but then you still play it, and not just a little, but hard enough to place in the top 2.

If I was inno and saw that, I'd think "Well, I guess they don't hate it after all"

I'm not suggesting a boycott, nor am I saying it doesn't need vast improvements, but the message players are sending inno by constantly threatening to not participate, and then spending hours doing the FA is a little mixed at best.

Deleted User - 60152

Several members of my FS on live did participate in the last one - I did not and I will not participate in this one. Based on comments posted in mail after we found out it was going out again, I think the participation this time will be lower than last.

SoggyShorts

Yes, we are aware of several possibilities and they're all being considered but in our current quest system they are not as easy to implement as you'd like to think
Thank you for the reply. It's true I'm not a coder, but it does seem like if you can add quests to a quest giver, that you should be able to add 8 quests to one, and 8 quests to the other just as easily as adding all 16 quests to both.
If we would go for some temporary solutions before the main overhaul, at least they won't be ready for this next round.
I really hope they do implement a temporary solution so that we don't have to wait for the overhaul. Since the very first FA the main complaint has been about the quest cycling, and it has only gotten (much) worse instead of better. The last FA doubled the number of badges needed to do the map, and now 60% more badges to cycle through has almost tripled the problem, even with the removal of the decline confirmation(thank you for that)
With the splitting of the quests we could at least get back to the original level of clicking.