• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser2312

It seems to be possible to manage it with 25 players 10 workshops, 1 plank, 1 steel and 1 marble manufactory, and an academy level 2 after chapter 3.
Academy 2 enchantments each of EE, MM and PoP thats 16 relics. Could be done in 104 hours or let's say 5 days.
Manufactory everyone 1 statue, 2 necklaces, 2 bracelets and 2 flacons. Some do one necklace more, other do 1 bracelet and one flacon more. Let's say 6 days 12 hours.
Workshop everyone do 3 blacksmith, 3 farmer, 3 carpenter., 1 baker, 2 treants, 2 dwarfs. Some do 1 blacksmith more, the other do more of the small ones. That's less days than the other badges, but you need a little bit more time at the keyboard.
But it is needed that everyone do it and there is little room for mistakes. With this effort you can manage the path green-green-red(orange)
Here is coordination needed. In the last one was only very little bit needed.

SoggyShorts

It seems to be possible to manage it with 25 players ....
Here is coordination needed. In the last one was only very little bit needed.
Yup, but what if:
Got a FS with 19-20 players?
1-2 players on vacation?
A few players in the middle of guest races with no extra room?
Forget it.

IMO a full FS with perfect coordination, and lots of room should be able to do ALL routes, not just barely do 1 route.

DeletedUser2312

Yes it is very difficult. For everyone who can't do it, someone who can must do his work too. So you will need to double the required objects. Than you will need to get enchantments from tournament or nbh too. For really active people it should be possible to get the needed enchantments from tournament alone. You need 5 rounds with the first 6 provinces and that is only the single player reward.
Who does more work, needs less than 3 expansion extra. 2 for the 10 extra workshops and one for the manufactories.

DeletedUser1901

Something that i have been noticing and find interesting is that every time something pops on live where we can use the tournament to gain badges or finish quests, we happen to be starting a Scrolls tournament. :thinking:

lika1961

Yup, but what if:
Got a FS with 19-20 players?
1-2 players on vacation?
A few players in the middle of guest races with no extra room?
Forget it.

I belong to 5 fellowships and in only one of those will we get close to having 20 participants. In most 10 players take part, so like I said before, people are being set up to fail and that is not cool.

DeletedUser1953

For me, the 2 main problem with the FA :
- the number of currencies. The solution of Inno is to add 3 new currencies !
You need less currency but need more ways to create them, for example to create the badge x, you can collect 10 x 3h or 5 x 9h ...
To escape the problem with strange cities (plenty of workhop and factory level 1), you can add : collect house (min%/min gold => carefull with beginner/end player), collect T2, T3, collect troup, build bat, upgrade bat, (create spell), do battle, collect relic, collect race production (dwarf, ... can be hard to program but it the normal behaviour of the players !), ...
- the quest system !

Deleted User - 60107

That's pretty much the same thing they said in the past, every single time we told them that we should be able to see the exact remaining time (days, hours, minutes, like in other events) instead of just the remaining days.:rolleyes:

Wowwie

In order to be considered a contributor
one must add to a badge requirement on the map
if that way point or cross roads is not finish or completed before the flag is taken
do you still get counted as a contributor of what was added to that waypoint or cross roads

DeletedUser

In order to be considered a contributor
one must add to a badge requirement on the map
if that way point or cross roads is not finish or completed before the flag is taken
do you still get counted as a contributor of what was added to that waypoint or cross roads
you're still counted as a contributor :)

DeletedUser1739

Indeed, these new adventures are particularly difficult.

We are 19 players to make them, we are very motivated but it will be hard to complete the third card.

Well, I grant you, we discover the new mechanics. Hence our difficulty has completed this adventure.

On the other hand, these new adventures will not be able to be made by small players or brotherhoods. They do not have x provinces to spin to get the spells. They can only rely on their academy or chests.

Moreover for the most advanced players, if they do not have room to put x workshops or x factories, it will be difficult to provide all the necessary badges. Even if we have 25 motivated players.

We may want to organize but if all conditions are not met, it will be hard to complete the 3 cards.

I think these new adventures will be out of reach for many players and I find that a shame.

edeba

As a high end player who built a ton of extra stuff in space and fully competed I would have to say I disagree. Having that space and using for that purpose simply caused a gross level of game fatigue and contempt for the insanity of the design of the game, that they actually put such a grossly flawed designed product into a game, and I'm a fool that actually competed to win.

It builds a huge level of contempt and resentment that I actually went in thinking I was going to have fun, and enjoyed perhaps the first day, felt burn out by the second, started talking about totally disliking it by the third and boycotting future spending on the game by the 4th day, and developing an unprecedented level of contempt for the game.

I completely disagree because if you actually fall for using your space for that purpose, you burnout to the point of no return. And then I resented it because of the pressure to compete because of being in a competitive fellowship, so it made me feel bad and burned out.

The FA is a losing design and should be sent back to the drawing board until it can be redesigned, perhaps with the following:

• Make the competition part of it two days tops and the competition prizes for completion awarded after two days.
  • Give a month to actually compete the FA for the level awards that is no longer included in the competition.
  • Fix the interface. I think there should be a box that brings up all of the badges and anything you collect can go to any badge and you click on collect as you fill them. So, for players that do super load say supplies for 20 badges, well, you collect what you need for one, open the badge box, collect, close, collect goods for the next, open the badge box, collect, close. If you accidentally collect something, well it just goes to the correct badge and the resources and effort is NOT lost. Even make it so you can have up to 10 of each badge in process at a time.
  • Make the prizes in line with the effort. With two days for the actual competition part the prizes are in line with reasonable.
  • Give us a pot to put completed badges into for use by everyone, maybe up to 5 each.

The problem with these adventures is that they are designed only for high end players with lot of space to build many extra factories and workshops. Small players that can't afford that luxury will finish the first stage with difficulty and most probably get stuck in the second stage as there is no path without loads of statues, necklaces and blacksmiths. So small fellowships with only one or 2 more advanced players won't finish the adventures for sure.

There should be a path in all stages without 2d productions and not that heavy in 1 day productions so small FSs can participate. As it is, if you start the adventures in live servers without changes, only the top FFs will participate fully, the small ones will go only for the first stage as more is impossible for them.

palmira

As a high end player who built a ton of extra stuff in space and fully competed I would have to say I disagree. Having that space and using for that purpose simply caused a gross level of game fatigue and contempt for the insanity of the design of the game, that they actually put such a grossly flawed designed product into a game, and I'm a fool that actually competed to win.

It builds a huge level of contempt and resentment that I actually went in thinking I was going to have fun, and enjoyed perhaps the first day, felt burn out by the second, started talking about totally disliking it by the third and boycotting future spending on the game by the 4th day, and developing an unprecedented level of contempt for the game.

I completely disagree because if you actually fall for using your space for that purpose, you burnout to the point of no return. And then I resented it because of the pressure to compete because of being in a competitive fellowship, so it made me feel bad and burned out.

I said the FAs are designed so that only high end players can play not that they will or enjoy doing it. I am an high end player in my live server, had finished halflings when the first FAs popped in, and I (and all the players in my FS) vigorously dislike the FAs for the reasons you mention. We just did the bare minimum in the second and will do the same the next ones. It is no fun and the prizes are not worth all the trouble. The small players in small FSs were and are the ones more excited about FAs and now they just can't compete.

edeba

Sorry, I read, "The problem with these adventures is that they are designed only for high end players with lot of space to build many extra factories and workshops," and I didn't read anything about "play," but I do appreciate what you meant when you explained it. I completely agree, you need high end committed players with lots of space to actually complete this thing, if you are inclined in light of the reasons I outlined and it appears that those of use with the space are becoming less and less inclined to have any interest in using it for this purpose. My fellowship won both events and I am not in it anymore and I do not intend even do a minimum for the FA ever again.

I did try picking up what badges I could with my chapter 3 account on beta and we got one path on the first level completed when it said there was still 3 days. It says one day now and I haven't found an opportunity to use a single badge that I collect through my natural way of playing. I think this is another problem.

I just checked, and only collecting badges from making no changes to how I play I have 25 badges that I have not found any place to use them in 2 or more days... Every time I look closer I just find more "FAIL," as I do think having zero opportunity to use a badge in 2 days is a problem. We ended up with all of the paths blocked by needing a few of the same new spells badges. Maybe I play really different than others, but this has me thinking that at least one path should be designed without anything that people probably don't do, like the ones with the 3 tier 1 manufacturies and two day stuff.

I said the FAs are designed so that only high end players can play not that they will or enjoy doing it. I am an high end player in my live server, had finished halflings when the first FAs popped in, and I (and all the players in my FS) vigorously dislike the FAs for the reasons you mention. We just did the bare minimum in the second and will do the same the next ones. It is no fun and the prizes are not worth all the trouble. The small players in small FSs were and are the ones more excited about FAs and now they just can't compete.

palmira

I did try picking up what badges I could with my chapter 3 account on beta and we got one path on the first level completed when it said there was still 3 days. It says one day now and I haven't found an opportunity to use a single badge that I collect through my natural way of playing. I think this is another problem.

I just checked, and only collecting badges from making no changes to how I play I have 25 badges that I have not found any place to use them in 2 or more days... Every time I look closer I just find more "FAIL," as I do think having zero opportunity to use a badge in 2 days is a problem. We ended up with all of the paths blocked by needing a few of the same new spells badges. Maybe I play really different than others, but this has me thinking that at least one path should be designed without anything that people probably don't do, like the ones with the 3 tier 1 manufacturies and two day stuff.

We are on the second stage too here on beta and my dwarves account collected 46 badges that I can't use. Being stuck constantly waiting for 2 days productions is a big time deterrent (and I have spells aplenty, 7 wands, 3 potions and 6 hats...)

Arayla

Anyone else notice that having all unlocked waypoints jump a little increases the badges that are added to paths that we are not using? This is NOT good! We just had 7 Blacksmiths and 4 Statues get added to the wrong path by members experienced in the FA. The open waypoint on the Green path was offscreen while the open waypoint on the Blue path was onscreen and jumping a little. Boom. Now we wait even longer and we are still only on the second map.