• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fellowships Fellowship Adventures Cheat Prevention

DeletedUser2174

can i suggest a simpler solution?
one of the most common feedback was that the leadership of the FS could not see what badges everyone has.
Why not make it so that all badges you make, dont go in your personal inventory but go in the FS inventory where everyone can see it, (and only leadership can put it in)

That way you can only make badges for the adventure while you are in the FS your gonna use the badges in. Limiting players to 25 to all fellowships

Making a common storage area defeats the purpose of working together. One of the adventure goals was to make us work as a team. handing the AM everything, means only one person has to keep feeding the whirlpool. everybody else is just extra expansions for the fellowship to harvest from.
That means that player beta, makes 120 beverage badges because he is unavailable the last of the week gets them dumped in. There is no limiter of when a person makes a badge and can be online.

DeletedUser118

And in my personal opinion, it didnt feel like a race at all to me. Last day 3 players in our FS had enough badges saved to do fill the pit 60 times. if it was race they would have put those badges in as soon as they got them. and going to the pit as fast as possible, doesnt help you at all. In fact you miss out on a lot of cheap points if you rush to the pit.

Imagine you had all these badges piled up and then your only AM gets sick and can't put them in. That would be a disaster. I personally prefer having everyone contribute whenever they like and not having to rely on somebody else to do the job for them. And of course rushing to the pit means clearing all stages completly first though. But with a good team like mine its not that hard. ;)

The reward system could simply be changed so that making a badge makes you a contributor.

We are talking about Inno, remember. Inno and "simple changes"? ;)

DeletedUser724

New member of a fellowship cannot play tournament and Fellowship adventures for a week

no matter how hard he prepare and doing
their effort can only be used in next fellowship adventures

and
each FA, Inno will clear all FA items at the end of FA

those "jump-in","replacement" become useless effort

if player are really playing elvenar
I suppose he /she do not mind to stop 1-week to proof he /she is not a "game-breaker"

nokki

New member of a fellowship cannot play tournament and Fellowship adventures for a week

no matter how hard he prepare and doing
their effort can only be used in next fellowship adventures

and
each FA, Inno will clear all FA items at the end of FA

those "jump-in","replacement" become useless effort

if player are really playing elvenar
I suppose he /she do not mind to stop 1-week to proof he /she is not a "game-breaker"

I dont agree with you, because at the last FA i had to kick one player from my fellowship, and i had to replace it. I was
disadvantaged if i had to play with one player minus and others competitive fellowships had 25. I dont think that top fellowships who plays for first places will agree with this. For the ones playing just to finish the 3 stages it wouldnt be a big problem.

DeletedUser2174

I dont agree with you, because at the last FA i had to kick one player from my fellowship, and i had to replace it. I was
disadvantaged if i had to play with one player minus and others competitive fellowships had 25. I dont think that top fellowships who plays for first places will agree with this. For the ones playing just to finish the 3 stages it wouldnt be a big problem.

You had a 4% decline because YOU kicked them out.

I was in a fourth placed fellowship. When someone left because they were not helping, the rest kept on playing. There will always be some fellowship members who need to sit out for some reason. Make sure you have everybody you want before the starting gun.

My strongest fellowship lost players. Normal level to join is 70k. but while we were waiting out the tournament, we had a very small city come in to fill in for last week and get a boost.

Even my chapter 2 Beta city can make tools and level one stuff, just as well or better than the top ranked (who care about their standing and can not delete much). I was in the Beta FA the second time. I was in chapter one. The fellowship's total ranking points was 50k or 1/100th The size of the biggest.. We made it up 2 times (even with the usual low level players not following through).

Helping a tiny player expand while they fill in would be perfectly fine. If they were there for the starting gun.

nokki

Well, the one i had to kick was helping in the FA pretty much, i had to kick him because of other reasons. My fellowship finished on 2-th place, because we got stock at the Pit bug and couldnt try for 1 place anymore. We was lucky we had pretty much points in advantage and was 2 days left from FA, and we didnt got even more down on the rankings. So yes, one player minus or extra can make pretty much difference.

DeletedUser2174

Well, the one i had to kick was helping in the FA pretty much, i had to kick him because of other reasons. My fellowship finished on 2-th place, because we got stock at the Pit bug and couldnt try for 1 place anymore. We was lucky we had pretty much points in advantage and was 2 days left from FA, and we didnt got even more down on the rankings. So yes, one player minus or extra can make pretty much difference.

In before start deadline. you will know what size your temp will be. The churning, no. The getting screwed by the person you kicked out, why were they not gone sooner?

I am assuming you got stuck at blacksmith or necklace. that was our pool killer, but we were more than a refill behind.

Ah, have a aspiring bench, but no using their production when joining for badges. They can be ready and waiting, but once the gun sounds, They come in w/o badge prepped. But this is not fair to them unless they have a way to get the map prize as well.

reminder, this is a discussing of pro/ cons.

how often do you have to kick someone out?

SoggyShorts

Perhaps the answer is to remove the competitive PvP part of the FA.
Replace it with rewards at 6K points, 9K points etc.
This way the only effect other fellowships have is for ranking points.
I personally don't like the idea that only 50 fellowships can win extras, no matter how much effort is put in.

Think about all the work that #51 FS put in for nothing.
Then if they had put in a little more effort, maybe they moved up a spot, and some other FS gets nothing.

Same goes for different servers. One of my FS got 7K points for 30th place, and someone else put in way more effort to get 11K points for their FS, and didn't get anything because their server had higher scores.

Many of us chose Elvenar because it did not have PvP, but now we're competing against others for prizes that can help your city, not just ranking points.

CrazyWizard

I do not agree it's PvP. like your so adamant agains Soggy, Like the tournaments there is nothing wrong with some competitive element. as long as it doesn't hurt other players (thats where to most people PvP stands for)

I do agree that the rewards outside of the top 3 are pointless
We came in first on the last event on the dutch server with 31550 points. only because it was the first, we were in between races so we had the time and space, and one of our male residence promised a certain photo that made the women go beserk ;)

Unless my fellow fellowship members really want it, I dont see any point to get past the 3 maps asap. and then ignore the rest.
Only the 1st place is a reward that without diamonds you could not have gotten. the other 2 rewards we aready got (and in my case are stuck in the inventory box)

I really dont see the guild points as a reward. unlike the personal rank the rank between guilds are massive especially in the top half of the guilds. and not all guilds including mine even care about it (We got on the 4th place just because it happened not because we worked for it)

the other deficiency is the fact that it's very easy to create a guild with beginners that can get really good results. and can easily outbattle any strong guild.

What could really motivate players to go for it would be a tiny diamond award to all players in the fellowship. this makes it worth for all guilds to battle for a few places higher. nor will it create losses for Innogames as these FA don't happen all the time. irt might even motivate some members to push in same bought diamamonds to help the guild (and so the other members)

I was thinking about this:
PlaceDiamond reward for each player

DeletedUser2174

the other deficiency is the fact that it's very easy to create a guild with beginners that can get really good results. and can easily outbattle any strong guild.
I have been in beta about 3 weeks.
I found the first fellowship that had 20+ members.
I was in Chapter ONE. We made it to the top 2 times with half the members inactive w/o a fuss.

This is NOT a BATTLE. The Adventure is about teamwork.

Why shouldn't the People in chapter 2 get the same chance at the top as people who have been playing for years. As small as most of my fellowship is: we would have to find a full 20+ committed to the task (not likely). and coordinate everything with surgical precision, without any expansions to spare. IE we would have to be compete like Olympians. Is that strong enough for you?

The Masquerade part II. I simply could not get enough relics in time to even try. Are new cities suppose to set out the quests till they magically meet a unnamed magical size?

What is in this for the new starting player? What are the mechanisms to keep Fellowship adventures a level field?

DeletedUser2174

So how can INNO make that extra player of no value? The point of this thread. How can churning members be prevented.

nokki

It is a bug at the poll that doesnt let you keep doing misssions, we had a lot of blacksmith and necklace. We just didnt had the poll anymore.

And even if that player was active and helping the others, he started to argue with the others on the guild chat, and started to say bad words. Thats why i had to kick him and luck fast for another one. So i still think that when a player leaves a fellowship during a FA to lose all the badges he have in the inventory its the best solutions, and probably the easyest to implement. The players already lose them when FA ends, why not to lose them when you leave a fellowship as well ;)

maxiqbert

In my opinion, there could be a better solution. A limitation to new members (3?) in a fellowship during any week (or at least during adventure week) would do fine I guess.

DeletedUser2174

In my opinion, there could be a better solution. A limitation to new members (3?) in a fellowship during any week (or at least during adventure week) would do fine I guess.
Do not give a dandelion puff what people do in a non FA week.
No player rotation (out and back) without moderator help. you kick out by accident you beg right then.
I have fellowship where mage meant you have been there x amount of time. i refused the offer. no extra click things on MY drop down list. and 5 people agreed. mage is no longer an auto reward.

DeletedUser2174

It is a bug at the poll that doesnt let you keep doing misssions, we had a lot of blacksmith and necklace. We just didnt had the poll anymore.
Bug at the pole. did it get stuck? i think i saw that elsewhere.

Marindor

Since we're already working on preventing abuse in this area, we will now archive this thread. Just know that it is a topic we're currently working on :)