• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fellowships Fellowship Adventures Cheat Prevention

DeletedUser2174

On several worlds, fellowships were seen moving members in and out, allowing them to collect more badges

For the next adventure, place each fellowship on a boat (choose term to fit quest).

Once the first item is placed on the start flag, no one can join the fellowship till the event ends.

If you wish to leave you can jump ship.

The adventures have requirements. Fellowships are to work as a TEAM. Fellowships have a limit of 25 members.
This should be easy to code. a simple membership lock triggered by the flag click and then times out with the event.

This will keep people from complaining about those who got creative with the definition of fellowship.

If you are playing honest, this does nothing to anyone not in a fellowship.

DeletedUser1998

On several worlds, fellowships were seen moving members in and out, allowing them to collect more badges

For the next adventure, place each fellowship on a boat (choose term to fit quest).

Once the first item is placed on the start flag, no one can join the fellowship till the event ends.

If you wish to leave you can jump ship.

The adventures have requirements. Fellowships are to work as a TEAM. Fellowships have a limit of 25 members.
This should be easy to code. a simple membership lock triggered by the flag click and then times out with the event.

This will keep people from complaining about those who got creative with the definition of fellowship.

If you are playing honest, this does nothing to anyone not in a fellowship.

While I understand your concerns about people rorting the system, the statement "no one can join the fellowship till the event ends"
Well, you lost me right there - ok we have a 10 day event nobody can leave or join the fellowship! - really? no.
How about if a member "jumps ship" as you put it, all their contributions are lost and need to be covered by other fellows?.

That way no advantage is provided by switching members but the fellowship isn't locked in to not gaining new fellows or replacing inactive ones.

DeletedUser2174

There is quite an advantage in switching members. you make push accounts, rotate them in and out with 1 day productions. you have gained as many expansions as you want for the adventure. Yes I saw, noted, and was cheated by membership churning. And have had it confirmed that it happened on more than one world during the US round.

The event lasted 6 days. Established Fellowships do not churn members every few days. This was every few hours.

I will agree with you on if someone jumps ship nothing they did counts. The only person my main game lost, refused to do anything. But we had 25 people in the tournament at that point.

restatement. Once the start flag is touched , the only members able to put in badges (assuming same adventure) is set.

nokki

What if someone would really leave a fellowship and you need to replace it? I think would be much easier if the player who leaves the fellowship loses all the badges he produced, the same like when the event its finished. Dont know how hard it is to implement this, but would help a lot.

DeletedUser2174

What if someone would really leave a fellowship and you need to replace it? I think would be much easier if the player who leaves the fellowship loses all the badges he produced, the same like when the event its finished. Dont know how hard it is to implement this, but would help a lot.
they way this adventure was set up. removing the badges of a player who put in his badges and left would cripple the fellowship he was leaving. if he put in the first time up the trail will that make everybody working on the third trip have to go back and pick up.

If you are not in a fellowship you should lose everything in badge storage regardless of when where or why. badges should not 'transport' between teams.

This thread is to come up with pros and cons of Ideas. adding and losing members hurts, other fellowships event rankings. even my fellowship members in halflings were going, maybe I should make a push account after this.

I have been in beta less than 3 weeks. the week of the adventure, i found a fellowship of tiny cities that was close to full 23/24 members. We were 1/100 the size of my neighbors fellowship. I got an orc nest (2 trips up) in a group that 1/2 were not playing at all most are less than chapter 3 (2000 point player average that week). so doing the event with who you have is very do able. If you have people coming into help, make sure they show up to work with at the start whistle.

My games on the English speaking servers are all a year old. Since Tournaments became Fellowship based, I do NOT remember anyone joining mid tournament. My fellowships (even the most casual) request a fight in the tournament (30 points). When I outgrew my old fellowships, I found active ones to fit my play style.

for INNO removing badges already in the completion of the map would be hard. Washing your of your badges when you leave, only slightly more work than removing you from the fellowship.

I object to adding to the team after the start whistle blows. That is an advantage to the teams that do it. If you can not 'shake' your current membership into participation of something for everybody, why are they in your fellowship.

DeletedUser2174

no replacement is a is can't wait a few day's urgent.

little ones, like my beta, the arch mage has a 25 page list to choose from, because we're are active. day 2 of this tournament and we are on chest 2. Ihad ONE province I could compete in.

Big higher ranking fellowships are looking for people who 'fit' goods, rank, play style, there are no random additions.

nokki

I wasnt saying to remove the badges already used in the waypoint. I was speaking about the ones in the inventory. To make badges you have to be in a fellowship, so if a fellowship is using another accounts to make badges, they have to be in a fellowship. When leaving that fellowship, to come and use the badges in the one he wants to, to lose all the badges in the inventory. Like this no one will be able to join a fellowship with badges already made :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser2193

I think deleting any owned badges when you join a Fellowship is a good solution. I actually already dislike the locked out tournaments and GE of FoE & Elvenaar, but that solution lets people change Fellowships without letting push accounts contribute.

DeletedUser2174

I wasnt saying to remove the badges already used in the waypoint. I was speaking about the ones in the inventory. To make badges you have to be in a fellowship, so if a fellowship is using another accounts to make badges, they have to be in a fellowship. When leaving that fellowship, to come and use the badges in the one he wants to, to lose all the badges in the inventory. Like this no one will be able to join a fellowship with badges already made :)
But they can come in with factories all ready to collect.
The reason for my those who start together finish together.

I just want to see this discussed. preventing churning members during group events helps everyone but the people churning.

I have always played respectful for the group I am leaving and the group I am joining. did not know there were lockouts. and i tourny in every game.

DeletedUser2174

I think, a waiting time of 24 hours to rejoin a new FS will solve this problem
That would actually help them cycle in wait 24 hours cycle back in.

No being able to rejoin the same fellowship for 6-7 days, that might help.

ALdbeign

That is how it is done on FOE, you can't rejoin a guild for 7 days there. the thing is though, while "push" accounts aren't legal, multies are, and the definition is somewhat grey so an easy work around is to just make more of them so you can cycle through the whole week. Which US worlds had this happening? I don't think it went on in Win though I wasn't looking for it either.

DeletedUser

7-8 days waiting time before rejoining a FS would really help.
I would prefer 8 days actually, because that would also stop the FS hopping for Tournaments on the Dutch server
If you accidentaly leave your FS because you clicked on the wrong button, you could always contact support to make it possible to rejoin immediately (but only if you haven't joined an other FS in the meantime).

Heymrdiedier

can i suggest a simpler solution?
one of the most common feedback was that the leadership of the FS could not see what badges everyone has.
Why not make it so that all badges you make, dont go in your personal inventory but go in the FS inventory where everyone can see it, (and only leadership can put it in)

That way you can only make badges for the adventure while you are in the FS your gonna use the badges in. Limiting players to 25 to all fellowships

DeletedUser

can i suggest a simpler solution?
one of the most common feedback was that the leadership of the FS could not see what badges everyone has.
Why not make it so that all badges you make, dont go in your personal inventory but go in the FS inventory where everyone can see it, (and only leadership can put it in)

That way you can only make badges for the adventure while you are in the FS your gonna use the badges in. Limiting players to 25 to all fellowships

It's a simpler solution alright, but it will put a heavy burden on AM&Ms, at least one of them will have to be online at all times. Not sure if that is going to work

Heymrdiedier

It's a simpler solution alright, but it will put a heavy burden on AM&Ms, at least one of them will have to be online at all times. Not sure if that is going to work
why is that? i dont get it.

The AM or M can just put in the badges when he comes online at the evening? From my experience, the adventures are not a race, its not about being there first, its about planning and cooperation.

DeletedUser118

why is that? i dont get it.

The AM or M can just put in the badges when he comes online at the evening? From my experience, the adventures are not a race, its not about being there first, its about planning and cooperation.

Well, time is limited so if you want it kinda is a race. Don't forget if you wanna be among the top ranks you need to clear all three stages as quick as you can to get to the pits and then fill as many of them as possible. The points they give make the difference between the leading fellowships in the end.

And as much as I somehow would like to be the person putting in the badges for others if they filled some in on the wrong place, I somehow don't wanna take awake their responsibility to put them whereever they like to. Also the whole reward system would have to be redone since nobody can be rewarded for participating if only the AM & M can put in things.

Heymrdiedier

Well, time is limited so if you want it kinda is a race. Don't forget if you wanna be among the top ranks you need to clear all three stages as quick as you can to get to the pits and then fill as many of them as possible. The points they give make the difference between the leading fellowships in the end.

And as much as I somehow would like to be the person putting in the badges for others if they filled some in on the wrong place, I somehow don't wanna take awake their responsibility to put them whereever they like to. Also the whole reward system would have to be redone since nobody can be rewarded for participating if only the AM & M can put in things.
your right, and i dont really want AM and M to be doing that, i just wanted to suggest the fellowship inventory, all the details that come with it, i dont care about.

And in my personal opinion, it didnt feel like a race at all to me. Last day 3 players in our FS had enough badges saved to do fill the pit 60 times. if it was race they would have put those badges in as soon as they got them. and going to the pit as fast as possible, doesnt help you at all. In fact you miss out on a lot of cheap points if you rush to the pit.

SoggyShorts

ell, time is limited so if you want it kinda is a race. Don't forget if you wanna be among the top ranks you need to clear all three stages as quick as you can to get to the pits and then fill as many of them as possible. The points they give make the difference between the leading fellowships in the end.

And as much as I somehow would like to be the person putting in the badges for others if they filled some in on the wrong place, I somehow don't wanna take awake their responsibility to put them wherever they like to. Also the whole reward system would have to be redone since nobody can be rewarded for participating if only the AM & M can put in things.
But it doesn't matter if you fill the pit 60 times in the last hour, or once every hour for the last 60 hours, same thing.
The reward system could simply be changed so that making a badge makes you a contributor.

DeletedUser2174

That is how it is done on FOE, you can't rejoin a guild for 7 days there. the thing is though, while "push" accounts aren't legal, multies are, and the definition is somewhat grey so an easy work around is to just make more of them so you can cycle through the whole week. Which US worlds had this happening? I don't think it went on in Win though I wasn't looking for it either.

My fellowship came in 4 th to the ones that did it so they got the building. on another Forum said the people doing this came in second on a different world.

I prefer not to name worlds on cheaters when you can see which fellowship, maybe not all members realized it was happening. The reports were made, and as usual was told you may never know what game police did.