• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Fellowship adventure improvements

• Thread starter Deleted User - 63604
  • Start date

Deleted User - 63604

Hello, i would like to introduce some of my thoughts and possible improvements about the fellowship adventures.

1. Adventureitems storage:
The checkpoints have no individual rewards, so it doesnt matter who of the fellowship members put the items to a checkpoint. So it also makes no point to have only individual storages.
A guild storage where all items comes in makes much more sense. With that the fellowship can also exactly see what items they already have, what they are missing for their path and what their members should try to get/collect. Every Member of the fellowship can use the storage items for the paths. I dont think we need to care about the situation where one member put the items intentionally in a "wrong" path, because on every checkpoint all can exactly see who put the items there and its up to the fellowships how they want to handle that intentional behaviour of a member.

If you plan to add individual rewards for putting in items to the checkpoints, i see no harm having one individual storage and a fellowship storage that just display a sum up of all the items the members have in their itemstorages.

2. Adventure Tab in fellowship:
richtig.png

1) Current Adventure Rankingpoints of the fellowship
2) Stage shows the status of the members
red: player missed to participate in that stage
green: player participated in that stage
yellow box: current stage of the adventure, can be already green for some members if they already put some items in some checkpoints in that stage
3) Depends on the first suggestion "Adventure storage".
3.1 Player individual storage, if all members items are put into the fellowship storage, it shows what items the member contributed to the fellowship storage
3.2 Player individual storage, that shows what adventure items this member have in his storage.
4) reward boxes
5) fellowship storage, shows all adventure items of all members together that are already produced and ready to be used or just a sum up of all items of the members individual storages.
6) Had this place left, maybe someone have also some good idea what else would be good to show there. Of nothing more, can also be kept empty and just shift the other infoboxes more to the right.

3. Adventure Quests:
The same Questsystem like in previous events doesnt make sense for the adventures, because the players are "farming" the need items and collect the items only when they choose the right quest. Take quest A, collect B, done. Run throw the Questloop to quest A, take quest A again, collect B again, done. Run throw the Questloop to quest C, take quest C, collect D, done. And so on. The process is a very boring one without any reason for it, because the whole adventure is made for "farming" the items again and again with the productions. So the idea of "picking" quests doesnt suit here.

quests.jpg

Better way to solve that is to make all "quests" run at the same time without Accepting or Declining them. All "Tasks" are running at the same time and whenever the right thing is collected, it will add one or a few points points (depending how many productions were collected) to the progressbar of that task. When the taskbar fills up and is completed, the player get the adventureitem and on the right side the number goes 1 up. It shows how many times this task was already completed. If the taskbar need 10 items and u coolect 12 items, the taskbar is filled up one time, u get one to the adventureitem, the bar gets empty and shows 2 again (12-10=2^^).

I think this 3 improvements would make the Fellowship adventures much better and i hope you also like it, so the devs would change/add these improvements.

Thanks.

PS: In Prefix selection the Prefix "Events" is missing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1777

I really like your worked out ideas :)

Some thought came up while reading it:

1. Adventureitems storage
I would love to have a storage for all produced items of the FS. My concern is, it would be technicalwise hard to program this. But at least it should be possible for Inno to provide us with a sum up of the available badges.

What about the rewards for participating in the adventure?
Change it to: having produced at least a badge in every stage

How would you handle the contribution of goods?

2. Adventure Tab in fellowship
This provides a perfect overview!

Suggestion for the free spot (no 6):
goods which have to be paid in the opened dots

3. Adventure Quests
Again, I really like the good organized overview :cool:

I think the players should still collect the produced badges (so there is a certain command which stores the data at the server). Automatically created badges while collecting productions seems a bit too lazy ;)

DeletedUser

@Floki
I absolutely love your ideas for improvements
1) An overview for the badges from all the fellows would be really great. Would save a lot of hassle with keeping a spreadsheet (externally from the game) up to date.
2) Adventure Tab would also be very helpful, in keeping track if everybody has had a change to contribute in a round.
3) Adventure quest: Yes, yes, yes. That would be marvelous

SoggyShorts

@Floki
Excellent work! It's not a good sign when there is a feature in game that pushes players to create a google sheet just to track things that obviously need to be tracked, especially when it would be much easier to have the game do it for you. Knowing who has contributed so far would be a vast improvement, as would your other ideas.

I think the players should still collect the produced badges (so there is a certain command which stores the data at the server). Automatically created badges while collecting productions seems a bit too lazy ;)
I'm taking care of the non-boosted badges for my FS since I just finished chapter 10 and have a lot of space.
This means I'll be doing all 15 diamond necklaces overnight in one shot.
That's 15 loops through the quest: 135 declines, 135 confirms,and 15 hand ins.
Then I'll do the lux flacons
That's 45 loops through the quest: 405 declines, 405 confirm declines, 45 hand ins.
Then I'll do the Golden bracelets
That's 30 loops through the quest: 270 declines, 270 confirms,and 30 hand ins.
Then I'll replace my T1 with workshops and do whatever is needed.

Also of note, is that this is only for the shortest path possible, no badges for other routes or extra ranking points.

Yes, I know we could spread out the T1 quests among FS members, but the drudge work being spread out doesn't remove the fact that there is a lot of drudge work.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2152

Your ideas are wonderful. I found it concise, straightforward & organised. Having read all the replies; I believe the devs will have a good working layout to tighten up these lose, boring & repetitive "quests".

Deleted User - 63604

Thanks for the positive feedback so far. :oops:
I would love to have a storage for all produced items of the FS. My concern is, it would be technicalwise hard to program this. But at least it should be possible for Inno to provide us with a sum up of the available badges.
Of course only the devs can tell how much difficult it is to code this, we can just give them an idea. But since its already known, that in future we will get also other adventures, i think that system for fellowship storage would be definitely worth the effort.
How would you handle the contribution of goods?
I think the contribution of goods dont need to be in fellowship storage, since the goods of each player can also be gathered outside of events and are kept after the event is gone. I mean, there could also be a fellowship storage where people can put items and goods from their own individual storage, but i think that reallocation of items would be even more complex to code. In future with different Quests/Tasks to do, i think paying gold and supplys at checkpoints is just a matter of time. They would have the same issue like goods, so i think they also dont need to be in an event storage.
I'm taking care of the non-boosted badges for my FS since I just finished chapter 10 and have a lot of space.
This means I'll be doing all 15 diamond necklaces overnight in one shot.
That's 15 loops through the quest: 135 declines, 135 confirms,and 15 hand ins.
Then I'll do the lux flacons
That's 45 loops through the quest: 405 declines, 405 confirm declines, 45 hand ins.
Then I'll do the Golden bracelets
That's 30 loops through the quest: 270 declines, 270 confirms,and 30 hand ins.
Then I'll replace my T1 with workshops and do whatever is needed.

Also of note, is that this is only for the shortest path possible, no badges for other routes or extra ranking points.

Yes, I know we could spread out the T1 quests among FS members, but the drudge work being spread out doesn't remove the fact that there is a lot of drudge work.
I also dont like the current system, that ask for so much for pointless clicking. The competition and task is and should be to manage and produce the right goods in your city, not to click all the time same quests again and again.

DeletedUser1576

aligning quest and production is ridiculous. it calls for senseless clicking.
Even more senseless is that the quests are not in the order 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 but for some mysterious reason different.

another part that will ultimately fail because players get tired off senseless clicking. as happens in other Inno games.
make things EASY to execute if you want to atract more people to the game.

DeletedUser2028

I really like the game improvements you listed. They would definitely add to the game and greatly reduce tedium and help out in knowing what we need to work on to have needed items. Most of us are all over the globe and play at all different times so I may be working on something that someone in England has a lot already made up. and by the time they are awake and ready to play, their work/inventory may no longer be needed and at the end that work will be lost as we can't carry badges over any longer. (I do wish they would let us carry over the badges we have remaining as we worked hard to get them) Communication is important, but with hundreds of different languages spoken, it's not always easy to communicate a need for certain items lol. And I've discovered, not everyone reads the chat messages so that hampers communication as well.

I would like to see a bit of change as some people complete one task on the path and collect the same prize as those that completed 10 or more. However, it's not possible for every member to complete a task in every waypoint as there are not 25 tasks. (usually 9 or so) But... I don't feel it would be difficult to calculate prizes on the amount of points each player contributed (would like to see this in tournaments as well as we still have those 30 point people every week lol)

Anyway, thank you for a well thought out proposal to improve the game. I do hope Inno takes your ideas and incorporates them into the game!

DeletedUser2195

Yes a Fellowship Storage would be a fantastic idea.
Please find a better way to rotate thru quest the current way of doing this is both time consuming and very frustrating and aggravating.

DeletedUser1998

Yes a Fellowship Storage would be a fantastic idea.
Please find a better way to rotate thru quest the current way of doing this is both time consuming and very frustrating and aggravating.
Yes the FS storage is a nice idea but the improved quest rotation - or perhaps just selection from a quest list? is far more important.

And most important, please please Inno do NOT make a monthly FA where we rotate through supplies and non boosted goods over and over - that will get stale VERY quickly.

Perhaps next FA individual fellows need to create their boosted goods X times to gain needed badges or there may be a need for "combat" and "exploration" badges that some fellows would prefer to gain... In other words, variety - otherwise most fellowships will not bother after 2 or 3 times.

*edited carnt spel :)

DeletedUser2174

They are never going to give the fellowship group badge storage the way this adventure was done.. The point is to work together.

Being able to select the quest you are about to collect for would speed up the questing, reducing player annoyance.
What would INNO get: reduce the demands on the servers. The lag one night at prime time in the evening (us3) was horrid. everybody was on cycling the quests trying to make beverages.

Calenmir

I love the ideas listed and would vote for all of them, but at a minimum they could make quest scrolling disappear and allow us to pick from a dropdown menu of sorts (though your idea is much better). We have folks that dedicate to specific items, so scrolling through the quests is not only tedious but dangerous in that they jump from top to bottom depending on the tier they are. I understand why they jump and what is happening, but still if you are in a hurry you could easily lose a partially filled quest if it jumps and you aren't being careful enough. Using a dropdown to grab the one you want would make it easier than scrolling through 8 times to get back to the one you need (again) so you can collect the next workshops or factories.

DeletedUser118

All you need to do is to copy and paste his text into three seperate threads and that's it. There's no copyright on ideas and no rewards either. So just do it! (as Nike would say) ;)