• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

FA Fellowship Adventure Improvement = Final / Whirlpool Stage

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ashrem

Summary
Make the Botomless Pit mode so that it doesn't require specific badges.

Description
The Whirlpool aspect of the Fellowship Adventure remains a bit tedious, and there are some (mostly trivial, I admit) bad feelings about badges that can't be used.

As a fix for that, I suggest that instead of a repetitive cycle of nine specific badges, assign every badge weighted points, and have each stage require a fixed number of points. This would make a bit like a group variation on the craftsman challenge.

Disadvantage: It would require some new code, but maybe part of the craftsman Challenge code could be recycled, giving it a little extra use.

Advantage: It gives every interested player something useful to do with every single badge they make.

As an example: the whirlpool stages could be set at 250 "points" to complete. Brewing badge might be 10 points, Farmer's delight at 25, Blacksmith at 50, Wand at 35, Sack of coins at 20, etc.

So stage might be completed by 5 blacksmith, or 50 Dwarven Brewery, or 1 blacksmith, 3 farmer's Delight, five sacks of coins and witch's hat.

It would need to be established if the points needed to be exact in order to finish the stage, or if excess points would simply be wasted, or if it is movement along a progress bar, like the Craftsman Challenge. (probably one of the latter two are better if we want everyone to be able to use up all badges.)

If each stage of the whirlpool also generated a common, and trivial, prize for the participants. a 5% coin instant, or 3x3 minute time reductions, etc. it also serves as a reason to bother for people who have no hope of placing high enough to win one of the FS top 100 positions.

Motivation
Make the Botomless Pit feel less tedious.

Possible downsides
Would require a restructure of the mechanics and would take away the focus off having to acquire certain badges/performing specific tasks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rusty01

Good suggestion ashrem! Something needs to change.

I thought about this for the last couple of FA's, especially since clicking completion of a quest without cycling through all of them has increased fellowship FA participation.

Why not add a 4th or 5th or even a 6th stage to the 3 existing stages? A lot of groups are in the pit by the third day. How depressing to spend 4 days in the pit!.

Graine

Good suggestion ashrem! Something needs to change.

I thought about this for the last couple of FA's, especially since clicking completion of a quest without cycling through all of them has increased fellowship FA participation.

Why not add a 4th or 5th or even a 6th stage to the 3 existing stages? A lot of groups are in the pit by the third day. How depressing to spend 4 days in the pit!.

The pit is tedious after an hour or so.

Deleted User - 81672

Create a idea/suggestion with this....

TomatoeHu

This is an excellent add on to the pit, which is currently a pretty sad ending to a team event. The addition of points and value to the badges being tossed in furthers team strategy and planning ( to maximize points and getting the best combination out of left over badges being thrown in )
I like that in this scenario, players still need to work together and are additionally rewarded for this accomplishment in if its a small trivial reward.

+1

Burger Meister Meister

I like the idea of using unused badges but this change will also upset the dynamics of the whirlpool. The way the whirlpool is currently designed is that if you don't have enough of the 1 day badges and there is less than 24 hours left you are blocked from continuing. Some see this as good and others as bad.

Part of the STRATEGY of the FA is planning not only the badges that you need to complete the 3 stages but also planning for extras for the whirlpool. This idea as written makes the whirlpool too easy and removes a certain amount of strategy.

I like to keep the strategy aspect intact.

That is not saying that the idea isn't good. I actually like the idea but I would change it up slightly.
Instead of 3 different rounds in the whirlpool as it is today, make it 4 rounds.
The first 3 rounds would be the same as they are today but the fourth one could be points based as described in this suggestion and you can choose whatever badge type you want to convert into points. Whether you want to spend a Blacksmith or a statue or a Brewer it doesn't matter.

It would combine the best of both; maintain the current level of strategy and make use of left over badges that normally wouldn't be used in the whirlpool.

It would actually add a new level of strategy based on deciding which badges could be converted to points for the 4th round versus which ones to keep for the 1st three rounds.

+1

Ashrem

This got positive feedback both here and on the U.S. forums, then just sort of died. I'm going to present it there. Note that Xelenia (the senitor mod there) does not look kindly on votes from forum accounts attached to inactive cities, so keep that in mind if you want to participate.

Wowwie

Why not add an Option Next Follow the Pitt Or Quit button so when your finished with the FA it can be turned off and not go to the PITT

Arthus

This is totally what i wanted long before. Whirlpool or 4th floor. There will be such a long time in spire waiting for the end without activity now that they shortened waiting times. Could be even spire resetting with special system to not allow getting too much multiplayer points.

UlyssesBlue

I can't seem to be able to add my vote to the poll, but I strongly support this idea. Much better than the current whirlpool.