• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Feedback Halloween Event

DeletedUser

Why is it always about Power of Provision? Would it be that bad if we chose what kind of spell we want to produce?
Power of Provision is the only spell which is available to everyone who has build a MA, so also for beginners. The other spells require a higher level MA and/or research. Of course they could change the quest to any spell instead of a specific one.

DeletedUser724

Quest 14 scout a provinces
hope Inno amend it when it go to game world

today, we have problem to get a sector in province due to BATTLE REDESIGN
that quest require "must scout, no alternative"

should provide alternative if player cannot fight to win sector of province
the event become mission impossible" to him/her

provide alternative...at least allow a exit point for player to continue in event

CrazyWizard

I am in a Dwarven Chapter and my MA is idle for most of the time as I have no steel relics anymore.

I was able to produce Power of Provision spell but now I see I will have to make another 3 or scout 3 times.
It's counted separately so for me it's very diffcult right now.

Why is it always about Power of Provision? Would it be that bad if we chose what kind of spell we want to produce?

I am amazed that after 2 events in which we have been required to make power of provision spells people are still so bright to use up all there relics so they dont have the ability to make spells anymore. (seen this complaint more)
You would expect this to happen to a newbie (who is quickly able to scout a provincie and fix it)

But from a player who is active on the forum to make such a mistake, and then complaints about it *shakes his head*

I now already know that spells most likely power of provision is nessesary in the next event (cristmas/new year?)
So I should at least stock up some relics of every type (+ the ones I need for wonder upgrades)

DeletedUser

I am amazed that after 2 events in which we have been required to make power of provision spells people are still so bright to use up all there relics so they dont have the ability to make spells anymore. (seen this complaint more)
You would expect this to happen to a newbie (who is quickly able to scout a provincie and fix it)

But from a player who is active on the forum to make such a mistake, and then complaints about it *shakes his head*

I now already know that spells most likely power of provision is nessesary in the next event (cristmas/new year?)
So I should at least stock up some relics of every type (+ the ones I need for wonder upgrades)

the problem with this is that the ability to get the relics has been severely cut down with the battle redesign. players cannot do enough encounters in tournaments to stock a big amount of relics anymore, and remember each type takes more than 2 months to come around again, so if you cannot fight much for some reason during a particular week ( you might be on holidays for example), then you are stuck waiting for over 2 months to have another chance.
this, compounded by the fact that most players were told not to do anything on the world map as they are too far ahead already, creates this type of problems.

I would also like to address here the problem with quests asking for scouting and earning relics during events. We are not supposed to scout too far ahead, yet we get quest after quest asking us to scout???
In my baby city, that is only in middle of chapter II i was forced to do 3 provs for the walter's event because i have no access to tournaments and i needed to get 17 relics. i also had quests to scout provs. Now, because of this, I am nearly at the limit of provs done for the next chapter, which means, if i don't speed up tech research (which i really cannot do, since i have no source of kps), I risk having to go above the 30 provs needed for chapter III during the halloween event.
Now keep in mind, I haven't been able to win fights in this city, because i seem to always be ahead of what the designers intended, but i am trying hard to slow down in the map so i can fight in chapter III. But these events are making that impossible.

Considering all the limitations the battle redesign brought us, the events shouldn't have quests that require fighting or progress in the world map, or the use of relics. Yes, that will limit the developers greatly when designing the events, but it is their own fault. They greatly limited the players gameplay, so now what do they expect?

Edit: we have a saying in Portugal: you cannot make omeletts without eggs... you took away our eggs, how to do you expect us to do omeletts now?

DeletedUser1548

@CrazyWizard, seems your foresight is better than mine. Too bad I broke my crystal ball last month. If I hadn't I wouldn't have been caught by surprise by this event.

As @madzix said, I am unable to stockpile relics. Plus it seems I got punished for actually using my AM. That's something new. o_O

DeletedUser651

So the message is: don't use your magic academy except for the contests?

This game is one giant "come here go away" kind of thing right now. It is impossible to do what the devs want because they are contradictory. Scout don't scout. Clear provinces don't clear provinces. Expand your world map to get neighbors but don't. The feckless academy is paramount, but we won't let you use it. Every time I finally get enough runes to build some stupid ancient wonder the devs have yanked the rug out and suddenly that wonder is useless. Like, what am I going to do with any fighting wonders now? Useless! Tournaments? So I can only do a tiny number of provinces not very far? No thanks.

Edit: we have a saying in Portugal: you cannot make omeletts without eggs... you took away our eggs, how to do you expect us to do omeletts now?

Exactly. Well put.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

at least for the last 2 tournaments (both extremely sorceres friendly) I have been able to do about the same amount of provinces than before, so the same KP/relics.
The main difference for me so far is that I am unable to complete as many round 6 provinces as before, the other change is that I actually have to manually do rounds 4-6, and that the ability to successfully finish roud 6 stops around province 6-7.

Tho I admit I wonder how many kp/relics I can manage when we have to use units that dont debuff the enemy, it might be quit a bit lower.

Anyway the point is you can still manage an easy 60 or se relics for each tournament round. I myself did around 150 relics on the last tournament, and am on my way to a similar amount this tournament.
if that aint sufficient I dont know it anymore.

And yeah the MA is pointless and nearly useless, we all agreed on that before, and as you can see running it 24/7 will create issues, not just for events, but also if you like to upgrade your wonders.
So just lets say if you are running under 50 relics of a certain type, you should stop using them in your MA, shouldnt be that hard aint it?

It's just as similar to your workers which you ocasionally have to stop them working, because if you upgrade to much to fast you run out of supplies and you have to stop running your factories / Military buildings.

So you have to make choices, but whining because you dont have relics because you ignored all warning signs during events before and you have made a critical mistake is a bit to much, the elvenar team is not to blame for your own errors.

I am critical myself towards the elvenar team and some of there decisions but dont blame them if your own farth goed the wrong way.

DeletedUser1548

@CrazyWizard

I am not whining. I am giving feedback.
I didn't say it is impossible for me to finish the event. I just think "produce any spell" would be better than "produce power of provision spell".

In tournaments I am able to finish 1-2 provinces to 4-5 star. I don't know how many relics it gives me but clearly not enough.
Relics are very tricky as a resource, especially as a fuel for basic bulding: tournaments - 1 chance every 9 weeks, world map - the farther you are the more difficult it is, NH chests - not worth mentioning.
After you use all relics you might find yourself blocked for quite a long time. It was often stated that players shouldn't be blocked for too long. We had many rebalancing changes in this area, so it is worth mentioning that something may not work if you do not plan far ahead.

In AM menu there is no info on how many relics you currently have. I produce spells, I use spells.
AM is "basic building" so I believe it's destined to be used frequently. Doing so is nearly impossible for new player and also creates problems during events.

You act as events here are ordinary thing. It seems they will be but notice please for more than a year we had none. For me it's still something new and I don't plan my game here "in case of an event". To be honest I don't think we should have such requirement. Event should be a surprise and something extra fun to do, not another source of frustration.

DeletedUser1345

For the players in chapter 8, where every cultural building produces manna, it does seem odd for the prize to be cultural buildings that do not produce manna.

Elderflower

I actually enjoyed this event. I finished it with several days to spare. I prefer trading over fighting so maybe that is why I didn't find this event too taxing.
I am glad they increased the time allowed. the two previous events were very tight on time - so hard to accomplish, unless you were glued to your computer all day. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser199

Just another event with the aim to distract players from major problems in the game and to promote the Magic Academy (without it you can´t complete the quest line).

DeletedUser1677

Just another event with the aim to distract players from major problems in the game and to promote the Magic Academy (without it you can´t complete the quest line).

Well, distracting players, gives developers more time to fix the problems.
I prefer doing the halloween event, while I wait ;)
And looking at the forum activity, ppl did not look that distracted ;)

DeletedUser1721

Actually, I'm set to complete the quests on my us4 city, which does not have a Magic Academy. So good job on the devs there making it possible. Of course, my scouting times are 1 day 2 hours on that city. I'm glad they increased the time allotted so that players who don't want to build the Magic Academy can complete the event. It makes it feel less like they're trying to cram it down our throats.

DeletedUser199

Actually, I'm set to complete the quests on my us4 city, which does not have a Magic Academy. So good job on the devs there making it possible. Of course, my scouting times are 1 day 2 hours on that city. QUOTE]

:(Well, mine are 3 days 9 hours ...