• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Farewell

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyShorts

As some of you may have noticed I took a 2-week break to see how I felt about leaving Elvenar. After 3 years and 10,000 forum posts:eek: (7 US, 3 on Beta/EN) I think my time here is over.

I'll certainly miss the forums, but I don't think I'll actually miss playing...at least not the game I've had the past ~15 months. @Tedious perfectly summed up the biggest late-game issues in his farewell thread:
-Staring down 6+ months between guest races, and knowing that those guest races can be either somewhat trivialized with spells[Portal Profits are OP imo]
-Spending downtime eking out minor city improvements to do more in the tournament for the main result to be "that I can do more in the tournament" started to feel too much like a pie eating contest where first prize was a free pie.
-Seeing a lot of "new" developments get lots of focus and attention (FSAs, challenges, crafting) right upon release, but then never really getting touched again as "good enough."
This is exactly how I have felt for quite some time, and I think I've waited as long as I could for Inno to add end-game content, or at least implement some of the biggest QOL changes.

Best of luck to all of you, perhaps we'll meet again someday.
Cheers,
Soggy

If you need to reach me, I'll keep PM notifications turned on for a while.

Deleted User - 60107

Sorry to see you leave, Soggy, but can't really blame you - I'm very close to doing the same myself.

maxiqbert

It's my 3rd year too.
getting close to the end of the game, and not really looking forward for anything new, so I totally understand

lika1961

I hate the thought of you leaving, Soggy. I do understand though that it has become difficult to see past everything that is not right to keep focusing on the positive aspects of the game. For me the game is excessively boring right now and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any hope of that improving. I wish you and your shorts the best for the future.

Lovec Krys

Bye. Until you destroy your village(s), you can still return if you decide to.
Few weeks ago I entered the third year of playing and also hit the end of tech tree in my main city. Hopefully game will be still fun enough for several years.

DeletedUser2378

We're all very sorry to see you go, @SoggyShorts!
I've been at this game almost 4 years (next month). I've taken a 3 month break at one point and even started over with the game at one point, after 2 years of playing.
The thing that keeps me here is the gaming community. It really is a big gaming family in Elvenar. :)
I think it's good to take breaks, once in a while, especially if you're feeling frustrated. Just like real life relationships, things can get annoying or tedious after a while.
I've been upset with changes or balances within the game in the past....and sure we'd like to see some improvements with other features too. The main thing to remember about this game is that the community/player base is extremely diverse. There is no pleasing everyone, all the time.
We've seen some amazing new features added to this game through the years. Fellowships, tournaments, seasonal events, mini-events, Crafting, set-buildings, specialty buildings, ancient wonders, and on and on. Imagine what this game would be like without any of these features, and although I know there could definitely be some improvement to the above mentioned, it has kept more players in the game...and the really great thing is that everything is optional. We all get to choose what we want to play and when.
There are extremely casual players, competitive tournament minded players, pay to play players, daily players who don't do events or tournaments, etc.
Inno has to think about each and every player base and I think they're doing an incredible job.

Taking a break while waiting for the next guest race would be a great idea. Who knows what will happen in the game between now and then, with current game features.

Please don't delete your town(s)! Hopefully after a break and having more options/features/improvements added to the game in the future, you'll find your way back to our big ol' gaming family. In the meantime, we'll miss you. Thanks for all of your contributions to the Forums over the years! :)

Calenmir

I didn't always agree with you (in thought) but I loved the effort and knowledge you put into everything you posted. You tried always to make everyone see the point in playing a specific way which was always to their benefit. Some listened, some didn't. But your wisdom was not lost on me.

i hope to see you return some day and enjoy playing the game again. Until then, I hope you find something more to your liking that challenges your play style.

Calenmir

edeba

Wow... I've actually been traveling, packing, moving, so I did not notice that you had not been around, but with how busy I've been, I've only managed to get on once some days and I'm liking the time away, but really noticing how the game hits you hard when you aren't on.

Angeduciel

I understand how you might feel @SoggyShorts and wish you all the best in your futur gaming. I always appreciated your forum posts and you will certainly be missed.

sunrae

Thank you for your contribution to the forum, I will miss your posts. Good luck Soggy, have fun.

PrimroseSylvia

So sorry to read that! Please, don't delete your account and let the door to Elvenar open... maybe in a few weeks you'll miss the game (or the players :D)

Buttrflwr

WOW Soggs, I just saw this (Brought here by your post about the FA). I know I for one will miss you on here. You have been so very helpful to me personally and the gaming community in general that there will be a hole. I hope you miss us, and the game, and will come back in due time. Cheers to you and your other half, Ms. Tomato. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.