• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered !?! FAIR TRADING ?!?

DeletedUser

Yes, it's a good solution wournos to put a little bit quantity more in your offered goods: the trade could become a bargain one, so some of the players (first of all the ones who have not discovered you yet) are incentivized to accept them ;)

DeletedUser1126

Never should I have posted that last comment. Marble seems to have dried up and I rarely get crystals. Only 1-2 have been interested in my gems. So I have had to bite the bullet and build a level 1 marble quarry.

So no, I am not liking the trade system as it is - or rather the total greed that revolves around it.

I am also starting to really dislike the KP system. So many points to use, both generated from time and from solving encounters, but nowhere to spend them because I cannot unlock locked technologies due to lack of goods (i.e lack of trades). It's the third or fourth time I've come to a halt. Un:cool:!

DeletedUser283

So no, I am not liking the trade system as it is - or rather the total greed that revolves around it.

I agree with you there, some people seem inclined to making profit on their neighbours' stock ...
that is not very ethical :(

DeletedUser

You're right, Philplessis: I've decided the same conclusion some days ago and that doesn't like me very much...or better, I don't like that at all! :mad:

DeletedUser967

I agree with you guys, for me actual trade system is strange and I hate it too.:mad::mad:

DeletedUser1126

I just did some mild number crunching after reading about how the trader, and especially the wholesaler, is a scam. It appears that the cheapest way to obtain non-boosted goods on your own is to actually produce it and not use the wholesaler at all.

The cost for me, with my current status, relics and all, is:

1 Plank: 6.92 coins & 0.69 supplies
1 Silk: 29,18 coins & 2,91 supplies
1 Gem: 320 coins & 32 supplies (boost NOT unlocked)

The wholesaler charges 40000 coins OR 4000 supplies for 500 goods.
Producing the 2500 Planks it takes to get 500 Marble/Steel would cost 17300 coins and 1725 supplies.

...and producing those 500 Marble/Steel without boost with a level 1 quarry would end up at 10000 coins and 1000 supplies.

So why do we have the wholesaler at all?!

Now, as a disclaimer I have to say that the different production times do not result in exact same numbers when calculating the cost of 1 boosted good (the decimals differ). I chose to base the numbers on the 3H production time.
...and that leads me to question what the devs are really doing if the cost will differ based on the production time selected.

DeletedUser778

First: For spending our coin/supply surplus so it doesn't get wasted.

Second: Producing 500 goods with non boosted manufactories will take much much more time, then producing the coins/supplies for the wholesaler and will take to much precious space.

DeletedUser594

The most silly setup is that 50% tax on goods from outside neighborhoods!
2nd place to players putting up those high trades, and ofcourse those "unfair"
ones! I rather wait! My trader displays about 50 pages of trades with about half
a page of useful ones!!...:mad:...:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Since the ingame "fair trade" rating doesn't include everything you need to produce,
I think the rating is not fair.
You need the same space and time to produce the same amount of tier 1 goods as tier tier 3 goods and every business in the world calculates production space and especially time into their pricess.
So for me something like 1:2:4, or 1:3:9 would fit better then the current 1:4:16
I would never buy 1k tier 3 goods for 16k tier 1 one goods, even it is flagged fair... think about the time you need to produce 16k goods.
You are right for the time, but the buildings gems/magic dust/elixir are larger and goods cost more.

DeletedUser778

The bigger building size does not matter much.
They may be bigger, but therefore they also produce more, when you calculate it down to one square its close to even: Silk: 28.5 per square, marble 28,8 per square, gems 28,6 per square (Level 15 manus without boost)
And that's exactly my point: To produce 1k tier 1 one goods you need the same precious space and time, as producing 1k tier 2 or 3 goods.
The trader ratings (and the wholesaler) doesn't consider that, only that you need 4 times / 16 times more coins and supplies to produce higher tier goods.
Time and space is very valuable for me too, so for me the rating is not fair and I think for other people too: Seeing much 3 star offers of tier 2/3 goods demanding lower tier goods sitting in the trader for days. The other way round I barely see lower tier goods offered for higher tier goods and if I see 'em I most of the time take them even if they are just 1 star :p

With all the repeatable quests it's hard to run out of coins/supplies so the higher production costs don't matter much, but the time and space always does, at leat for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So you counsel to build only class 3 buildings (magic dust, gems, elixir ) ?

DeletedUser

Yes, I know, but if my boosted resources are steel, scrolls and magic dust, the advice of LordB is to only build manufactories magic dust ?

DeletedUser778

My main conclusion is that the "fair rating" is not fair because it doesn't cosinder all ressources needed to produce goods.
Building only tier 3 goods can be very profitable, when the market demands lots of it and you can sell it for the suggested fair offers,
but it's also very risky: When you produce (much) more then the market demands you probably end up sitting on a huge pile of tier 3 goods and can't get all the other goods needed.
I have gems boosted and there are much others with gems boosted in my neighbourhood, so for me it would be a very bad idea.

DeletedUser

...I desperately need gems every day...
Where are you, LordB??? :mad:

DeletedUser967

LordB WHERE ARE YOU MY FRIEND?!?!?! :(
The same situation what Alex, gems gems and gems again I need :(:(:(:(

DeletedUser778

Too far away I guess :(
I now I'm somewhat north of the center, but thats all I can really say about my map position.

Hopefully the guilds are comming soon, so we can form a big guild with all the forum members :D

DeletedUser

Yes, LordB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It'd be extraordinary!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

DeletedUser967

I waiting for guilds and I have plan to create own guild, if you or others want join to guild for GOOD trader and really good fun - just join! ;)
But if you guys will join to other guild then I....leave own and join to you :D