• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered !?! FAIR TRADING ?!?

DeletedUser

hey guys what is the deal with trading what is fair? i know that steel for planks would obviously be a ratio of 1 to 1 same for marble i guess but say i want to trade marble for crystal? ratio 1 to 2??? or say steel for silk or magic dust? just pulling random things out of my head but how would this work what is fair? is there a chart or graph or and posts on this? i know some other games like forge of empires for example there is a chart out there you can look at but as much as i have been looking i haven't been able to find anything. any help would be really appreciated thanks ahead of time for any one who responds.

DeletedUser283

hello
just try posting an offer of marble for crystal and let the trader window calculate the amount you can get :)
as it takes 4 times more gold and supplies to produce crystal than it takes for marble, the "fair" offer for the trader system is 4 marbles for 1 crystal :cool:

DeletedUser629

The ratio to trade tier 1 goods (marble,steel,planks) for tier 2 goods (crystals,silk,scrolls) is 4:1. The same goes for trading tier 2 goods for tier 3 goods (magic dust,gems,elixer). It's because manufacturing those goods is 4 times as expensive.

DeletedUser

For me, I see no real difference between tier1 goods and tier 3 goods. In my area is a tier 1 good seldom, you can swim in tier 2 goods and tier 3 goods are not bad and not good.
I have generally no problem to chance 1 to 1 between tier 1 and tier 3, because I produce nearly the same amount per day from every good. Tier 3 goods are a little bit more expansive in the production than tier 1 but this is not important for me.
I would never pay or sell a 16:1 ratio, in my eyes this is robbery :-D. The worth is defined by offer and demand and have not so much to do with the "crazy" market settings.

DeletedUser

I think in short words:
The real worth is defined by offer and demand.

DeletedUser264

Denali, just think that tier 1 goods are basic goods like bread and milk and tier 3 goods are rather exclusive like gold or diamonds. Everybody needs tier 1 but they are widely awailable and cheap, while tier 3 is rather rare. Supply-demand doesn't work here. :D

DeletedUser967

Here is not a fair trading when people use own counter.... Sorry but crystal:elixir or crystal:silk in counter 1:24 - this is bullshit. In my neighborhood these offers stayed from many days, when I or a few other players use standard counter from trader - WE CAN TRADE.
I think that could be changed, maybe remove possibility to use counter bigger than standard BUT you can use least. - Bigger is really stupid and nobody get this - maybe in reaaally big desperation.

DeletedUser118

Its a free market out there. Nobody tells you, go pick up this or that trade. If something's too expensive. DON'T BUY IT!

DeletedUser

They are 16 times as expensive to produce.

This thing have two sites. On the one hand this is true, but on the other hand you get gold and supplys for nothing. They falls from the sky... you must only do "one" click. So gold and supplys are for free (no real work time for the player needed), so the different usage of it is not important. Zero multiplied with 16 or zero multiplied with one is in both cases zero. ;)
The same thing of all kinds of goods are the production time. So the main point is waiting... tier 1, tier 2 or tier 3... you must wait the same time. Usually worthier things costs more time to produce, but not in this game.

There is no effective possibility to farm supplys with own activity like in other games. Money is a little bit different, you can farm your neighbors to get more money, but only once per day. I usually don`t farm my inactive neighbors, it is to stupid for me and I don`t need the gold.

DeletedUser967

Its a free market out there. Nobody tells you, go pick up this or that trade. If something's too expensive. DON'T BUY IT!
That's right but in my situation I can't buy anything because only a few fair offers doesn't interesting me...And this doesn't change the fact that actually possibility to make offers doesn't make sense...People always use stupid counter because they CAN - and they don't care that if someone buy it or not....

DeletedUser

That's right but in my situation I can't buy anything because only a few fair offers doesn't interesting me...And this doesn't change the fact that actually possibility to make offers doesn't make sense...People always use stupid counter because they CAN - and they don't care that if someone buy it or not....
Yes, ulQuiorra: I've the same problem with my neighbours :(

DeletedUser

*shrugs* I just ignore the players that post what i consider stupid offers. If there are no offers I want to accept i just place a bunch of even ones and they seemed to get soaked up fairly fast. Play FoE the same way. I'm not going to accept what I deem a unfair trades ever and have never had to. Only odd time I will accept a offer that costs me a bit more if it is from someone I haven't discovered yet, but they have a fair trade up.

Last edited by a moderator: