• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed factory vs manufactory

DeletedUser236

Can someone tell me why the tier 1 goods have manufactories and the tier 2 and 3 goods have factories?

l0tv9hd.png

eUxZcEG.png

English isn't my native language and I'm starting to wonder if they are just not consistent or if there is a meaning behind it :)

edit: after some research I figure that it's an inconsistency.. If you hover over the building with your mouse it actually says "manufactory"

yoSHExr.png

Maybe one of the mods can place this mod in the Text-related Errors section of the forum for me ?? :oops: The inconsistency is all over tier 2 and tier 3 manufactories of the research/tech-tree :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser136

Tier one goods, wood, marble, and steel are less advanced (production-wise) but I agree with you that it probably is just an inconsistency :)

DeletedUser503

Manufactory was a word used in the past. It means the same thing as a factory.
I expect as times progressed, it was merely shortened to factory.

DeletedUser

Manufactory, factory, and manufacturing plant are all synonyms. Manufactory is less used in recent times.

DeletedUser236

I've moved it to text-related errors. :)

Thank you..
Since the game uses factory and manufactory I think it should be all the same to get some consistency (and I think quests will be better understandable if your refer to just one of the two (esp for non english people):D)

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Since the game uses factory and manufactory I think it should be all the same to get some harmony (and I think quests will be better understandable if your refer to just one of the two (esp for non english people):D)

Agreed - consistency would be good. I think the historical distinction between factory and manufactory as outlined by Mustangk and Odvar above, while historically accurate, is confusing.