• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Experiences & observations with units

DeletedUser

Glad to have Cerberus-Unit now.

Tested it with fighting in 5 encounters.

'Bites' all other units like a charm without causing any damage on the attacked unit.

Somebody with other experiences?

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser126

Yeah dogs are beasts against ranged, but very very weak against anything else. And ranged never counterattacks.

Paladins are Extremely good against any melee but week against artilery. They can strike 2 spaces making them not get a retaliate, or to strike from second line or obstacle . In a game that dont have wait turn options that makes them extremely good. And they have decent dmg and hp.

Upgraded barbarians get bonus dmg against other heavy units, but till tier 2 enemies they are useless.

DeletedUser

My Cerberus nor in attacks neither in counterattacks cause damage ... so I didn't get it until now for what they are good for ...

DeletedUser126

Thats weird lol, well they are essentially the ultimate anty range units, and they are REALLY! good at their job.

DeletedUser95

I play as elf , and I love when I attack dogs , all my provinces where dogs are defending usually go down first ,
If they had stronger defense. .with their range ...it would be a nightmare for us ..elf

DeletedUser126

Yeah they are easy to kill if you just have them, its worse when you get mix or god forbid their second tier version :p

DeletedUser

If they are 'easy to kill' or not could be a second problem ... what I'm sayin' is: THEY don't 'kill' nobody - bite and never cause damage ... but maybe this is not a bug, but a feature ...

DeletedUser

Yeah, those damn bandits don't stand a chance against my dogs :p

DeletedUser

If they are 'easy to kill' or not could be a second problem ... what I'm sayin' is: THEY don't 'kill' nobody - bite and never cause damage ... but maybe this is not a bug, but a feature ...

Obviously this is some kind of bug. My dogs work fine, they are a beautiful support unit who can easily 1-hit most archer type units I have fought against until now.

DeletedUser345

Well I don't understand damage module for units.How is possible for 1 thief left in enemy squad to kill half of my squad of dogs(17 to be exact) when 1 thief can make 6-8 damage,and 17 cerberus is equal 17x16=272 hitpoints???There is no sense at all in this,does anyone knows what's the story?

DeletedUser

That's under investigation at the moment because it indeed makes no sense. 1 thief should not kill more than 1 squad member.

DeletedUser126

They say its working as intended, but in my opinion, and many here, its just bad design.

DeletedUser

Well I don't understand damage module for units.How is possible for 1 thief left in enemy squad to kill half of my squad of dogs(17 to be exact) when 1 thief can make 6-8 damage,and 17 cerberus is equal 17x16=272 hitpoints???There is no sense at all in this,does anyone knows what's the story?

http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/inproper-dmg-calculation.187/

"It turns out that damage output by enemy squads (I havent checked yet if this applies to player' squads too) doesn't decrease at the same rate that squad number do. So, for example -and this is not theoretical, but my notes on an actual combat-, an enemy squad of 18 thieves had 107-145 damage. Numbers are good so far: 1 thief does 6-8 damage, so 6-8 damage x18 = 107-145. Cool. BUT WAIT. I kill 13 of those thieves, so now the squad is down to 5 thieves. That should amount to a damage of 30-48, because 6-8 x5 = 30-48. Well, guess what? Their display shows a damage value of 65-89. This happens consistently across several fights. Both with thieves and archers.

Now let's go try this out on Steilings, just for fun. I face an enemy steiling squad of 4 members, that's 53-139 damage, 13-35 x4 members, ok. I kill 3 of them, so that squad is down to 1 member. That 1 member has 26-70 damage.

Surprisingly, this doesn't seem to apply on strike-back attacks. There was this squad of 31 thieves (184-250 damage), I killed 19 on an attack by Axe Barbarians so the squad went down to 12 members. Inmediately they retaliate against my Axe Barbarians, doing a meager 39 damage. This happened several other times, although I did not took down notes about actual projected damage outputs. Must pay attention in the future. "

When you 1 kill one unit in an enemy squad, that squad loses all health that unit was adding to it, but it only loses a tiny percentage of the damage that unit was adding to it. So when an enemy squad gets down to only 1 unit, it still has 50% of its original, full damage.

DeletedUser345

When you 1 kill one unit in an enemy squad, that squad loses all health that unit was adding to it, but it only loses a tiny percentage of the damage that unit was adding to it. So when an enemy squad gets down to only 1 unit, it still has 50% of its original, full damage.

If that's how is intended they need to change that a.s.a.p cause all your strategy and calculation is futile then and everything depends on how big is your squad size,and that sucks big time!