• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Experience with neighbors ...

DeletedUser

My neighbours are fairly active, and seems to be helping when I help them.
A few are inactive, but I haven't scouted so much yet.

One thing though, is the way the neighbour help is designed. I understand you can use map and events (the little bell) to locate neighbours, and return the favor. But it seems unnecessarily complicated? I would much rather like a LIST of neigbours, as such on FOE. Much easier to manage, keep track and get around. If I have missed a key feature to do this, please inlight me. :)

-miSc

I like the idea of a quicker aid system, so you aren't forced to visit EVERY neighbor. But I like the idea of having everybody on a map, instead of on a list. It feels more 'real' and thematic to me. It would be cool having some kind of an "Aid" button on the world map next to each cuty you have discovered.

DeletedUser236

are you saying that if i have a neighbor on my map that i may not be a neighbor of them on their map.?
no, that's not the case..but it is possible that you have scouted or discovered a neighbor, but that he hasn't discovered or scouted you (and therefor can't help you)

DeletedUser

are you saying that if i have a neighbor on my map that i may not be a neighbor of them on their map.?

that, to me does not add up, and although i'm not disbelieving you, it makes the whole game unworkable

can a mod confirm / disagree with Extra's post please.?

Hi, Akkers, cool to see you here!! I think what Extranjero meant is that someone you have discovered may very well haven't discovered you himself yet. That means you can aid him, and you can take his offers without penalty, buuuut... HE can't aid you, and he takes a penalty when taking your offers. By 'penalty' I mean the +50% trader-fee-thingy.

DeletedUser

yes, this would be of interest.

Take this example:

Let's say (for example!!!) : you and me stay at a difference of 50 fields on the map.

You invest, let's say, about 10 millions of US-$ to be able to play this 'early beta' in a comfortable way, which means you 'discover' me within few hours (healing/recreating your units by diamonds).

So logically I figure and act for YOU as 'discovered' neighbor - correct?

And you can buy my offers in the market without commissions for the trader.

But me, being lazy and poor, and not investing nothing, will 'discover' my next neighbor (who arn't you) next month, and finally I will reach your city on the map and 'discover' you, let's say in June of the year 2028.

I don't believe that before June of the year 2028 you will figure and act for ME as 'discovered' neighbor.

Because if it were so, all fields between me and you also would figure as 'discovered', or there would be a lot of 'undiscovered fields' between me and you and only you will figure up for me as 'discovered neighbor'.

I'm sure that I am already have been 'discovered' by many neighbors, which I didn't discover so far ... and for me there is not figuring up any 'discovered neighbor' which I didn't discover by my own, and there are no 'undiscovered fields' between me and 'discovered neighbors'

DeletedUser205

I think, that is a theoretical thinking, that somebody spends thousands of $ just to discover neighbors for having optimal tradingoptions.

In my Elvenarworld I find some helper, which are 1 province away from me (and because they are active in helping, I fight those provinces first - especially if I can see, that they have manufactures with goods I need). But I cant't find neighbors farther as helper or in my trader.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

that, to me does not add up, and although i'm not disbelieving you, it makes the whole game unworkable

In short: Extranjero is correct in the post you quoted. :)

You discover another player when you've scouted a province next to him. From that moment on, you can aid him. It is possible that the other player hasn't made as much progress in the game as you have. If he hasn't scouted the province next to you yet, he isn't able to aid you. Thus, you might be able to aid another player (because you have discovered him), while he isn't able to aid you (because he hasn't discovered you yet).

However, as Acamax has also said, you are still neighbours on each other's world maps. The amount of provinces that lays between the two of you is the same from your and his perspective.

DeletedUser

I have very inactive neighbours, only 2 out of the whole province. I have regular contact with someone I cannot yet visit so sent him a message saying I'd be there one day but it might be a long time as it's taking AGES to get more relics!!

DeletedUser

Just a note for all the doom-mongers who say that you cannot rely on your neighbours .. I've had 14 visitors in the last 24 hours who have taken my modest 140% culture boost up to 200%. Thanks all :):D:):D

DeletedUser

Just a note for all the doom-mongers who say that you cannot rely on your neighbours .. I've had 14 visitors in the last 24 hours who have taken my modest 140% culture boost up to 200%. Thanks all :):D:):D

I've had 1 visitor in the last 72 hours who has donated some modest coins to my modest main hall. Thanks all :):D:):D

... but culture still at 200%.