• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Experience with neighbors ...

DeletedUser231

I'm close to having 50 neighbors now. 3 visit me, 8 post trades (including undiscovered neighbors), I've messaged back and forth with 2... your neighborhood is probably not as bad as you think it is.

IT IS as bad. But yours is much worse...:p

DeletedUser348

My neighbours are fairly active, and seems to be helping when I help them.
A few are inactive, but I haven't scouted so much yet.

One thing though, is the way the neighbour help is designed. I understand you can use map and events (the little bell) to locate neighbours, and return the favor. But it seems unnecessarily complicated? I would much rather like a LIST of neigbours, as such on FOE. Much easier to manage, keep track and get around. If I have missed a key feature to do this, please inlight me. :)

-miSc

DeletedUser

It seems to be intended, that you have to make some bigger efforts in helping other players, but you will generate MUCH higher income, comparing it to FoE, although it remains to be a fraction of the help you are getting from others.

DeletedUser503

I have had good experience with my neighbors. Some are very loyal and send help
every day. There are a handful who seem to have stopped playing, but I go
help anyway, as it still benefits my game, if not theirs. If someone discovers me,
but I am unable to help them yet, I sent a friendly note letting them know that
I will indeed reciprocate when I have unlocked their city to my help. That way
they know they are not being 'snubbed', it is just due to the lack of distance
gained by me towards them.

DeletedUser348

It seems to be intended, that you have to make some bigger efforts in helping other players, but you will generate MUCH higher income, comparing it to FoE, although it remains to be a fraction of the help you are getting from others.

Aye.. But what about later on? When you have scouted hundreds, thusands, and you have "scroll" around locating cties.. It could take ages.
One may hope this will be changed in the future, I certainly do. Supporting and helping neighbours is key for me.

DeletedUser58

Aye.. But what about later on? When you have scouted hundreds, thusands, and you have "scroll" around locating cties.. It could take ages.
One may hope this will be changed in the future, I certainly do. Supporting and helping neighbours is key for me.
HERE (clicky) is an idea for what you're looking. Hopefully they do implement something of that type in the game at some point. But if you have any good ideas for improving existing content you should see THIS thread and then post your idea in that section. :)

DeletedUser205

Am I wrong in thinking, that "helping your neighbors" means precise "helping yourself to coins"?
I can't find any made sacrifices in helping them other then the time I spend for doing this.
Therefore I don't want to complain about the time I need, to earn a lot of coins.
What I would like to help me is: better scrolling possibilities (with option to remember the last). The larger my discoverd worldmap grows, the more I miss this feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser236

Am I wrong in thinking, that "helping you neighbors" means precise "helping yourself to coins"?
I can't find any made sacrifices in helping them other then the time I spend for doing this.
Therefore I don't want to complain about the time I need, to earn a lot of coins.
What I would like to help me is: better scrolling possibilities (with option to remember the last). The larger my discoverd worldmap grows, the more I miss this feature.

+1 for scrolling possibilities
(if you are in favour of such an option, support it here (click))

I don't mind spending 5 - 10 min, since the coins I get back for it is worth spending the time (and yes I have over 40 neighbors discovered)..

DeletedUser348

Will you mind scrolling through 200+ neighbours in the future? I promise you it will take alot more than 5-10 mins ;)
I don't mind working for my coins either, but it's matter of simplifying the process. As I look at the map, it appears to be infinite in size..

DeletedUser236

Will you mind scrolling through 200+ neighbours in the future? I promise you it will take alot more than 5-10 mins ;)

That comment was more aimed at:

Sorella said:
Am I wrong in thinking, that "helping your neighbors" means precise "helping yourself to coins"?

I fully agree on simplifying the process by at least getting a scroll function ;):D

DeletedUser205

Today I think, I'll not mind to click+visit as many neighbors as I need coins. That is in my opinion a very easy way to get them. Frankly spoken: on the other hand they could pay us every day 100k coins just for login ;-)

or we could wish a one-click-button to earn all the goods which are ready instead of hovering with mouse over all manus

DeletedUser

Will you mind scrolling through 200+ neighbours in the future?
This would be difficult... at the moment this is not a good idea, because not all browsers support this :). I will test the 64bit versions, but the 32 bit versions are usually overcharged.

DeletedUser348

Personally I am helping neighbours to actually HELP them, as I like helping others. :)
Also.. it gives me certain benefits in return ofcourse. Coins are no longer important to me, as I have well over 500k of them. However, the various other boosts of culture, construction and so forth are greatly appriciated.

All I am saying is, that "a scrolling feature" (as suggested here and in other threads) are needed. It may work just fine now, but in the near feature it will be a dawnting process going 200, 500, or more neighbours. First locating them on the map, clicking into their city, clicking the desired building, for to repeat the process over and over again. There needs to be a more sustainable and userfriendly method in the future, as I am nearing my 50th neighbour... and my fingers are cramping up. ;)

DeletedUser

I like to help small neighbours, too. But 500k are not so much... this is not more then 5 upgrades of same buildings or 4 new scounting area ^^

DeletedUser348

I like to help small neighbours, too. But 500k are not so much... this is not more then 5 upgrades of same buildings or 4 new scounting area ^^

Wherever you think 500.000 coins is nothing or not, it's much more than what I currently gain from neighbours.
When you have half a million or more in coins, 300 coins is pennies in comparison. That's my point.
So coins Is no longer important to me, but the various other boosts/aids are.

DeletedUser

Yes this is true... but I think you need it later :). The game is not so harmonic/static. Sometimes you have a lot of money, later you need each coin. But generally you say the truth.

DeletedUser205

Coins are no longer important to me, as I have well over 500k of them.
You will see in further days, that quests dont't bring as much coins and supplies, as they do in your ranking area.
I agree with miSc, that 500k coins are nothing compared with the costs for upgrades for advanced buildings.
Without helping all my neighbors daily and trying to discover neighbors constantly, I couldn't afford what I need in coins.

DeletedUser

You cannot 'discover' neighbors that are 'far away' as for you are limited to your already 'scouted' and 'conquered' provinces - if you border there with a neighbor, he for you is valid 'discovered' and YOU can help him. Note: he can only help you if he has 'discovered' you and there is no warranty that if you are a neighbor of a player he is a neighbor of you ...

Best regards,
Extranjero

are you saying that if i have a neighbor on my map that i may not be a neighbor of them on their map.?

that, to me does not add up, and although i'm not disbelieving you, it makes the whole game unworkable

can a mod confirm / disagree with Extra's post please.?