• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Experience with neighbors ...

DeletedUser136

I agree completely about needing to clear inactive players as soon as possible. In the last 48 hours I've had 3 out of 30 neighbors actually visit my city. I go 'help' all 30 every day because I want the extra 42k coins, but it seems like over half of them are abandoned cities (the rest are newer players and can not have possibly conquered enough land to be close to finding me). I've just given up on expecting anyone to polish me for now and knocked down a few things so I could build enough culture to maintain the 200% on my own.

If it's not possible to clear them or make them inactive, just banish them to their own special un-used corner of the map where no one cares :D

EDIT - I just went back and read the game rules and they say that they may remove inactive players after 30 days. Hopefully they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If it's not possible to clear them or make them inactive, just banish them to their own special un-used corner of the map where no one cares :D

I think this actually is a great idea. In a free-to-play game it's problematic to enforce logins, even in intervalls as long as 30 days, to avoid complete deletion of your City/progress. But you cannot simply move these dormant players to the edge of the map as they would immediately be useless neighbours for new players (who I suppose start on the current borders of civilization).
Perhaps a complete but temporary removal from the map is the best solution. Upon Login such a returning players receives a message like "During the absence of your strong leadership your city and people have been threatened by the dangers of the land and been forced to move, keeping all their belongings. Do you want to settle anew?" Upon chosing yes the returning player can be placed just as one who freshly starts, keeping of course his city as he left it (you still have to install him in a spot & vicinity matching his previous boosted goods).

DeletedUser252

I like the suggestion to put accounts of people who don't play anymore, to an "inactive" state and provide others with beta keys. Actually, you wouldn't even have to remove these accounts for inactive players don't cost any server load anyway and the chances they get active again are pretty low anyhow
I would like that a lot. I know a lot of ppl who want to have a key and are stille waiting for it!

DeletedUser

Got that right. Things sometimes get downright nasty on the facebook page.

DeletedUser

Many years ago in the-west the server has only 500 testers. If you do 14 days nothing, like a holiday trip, the place was given to another user. This server has a lot of more power, so innogames are not so strict. There are two sides to every question. We can now go on holiday, but there are a lot of very small towns ;-)

DeletedUser

Lots of people who started playing, didn't think it was any good, and quit the same day. Those should be removed asap.

DeletedUser118

They should just kick out those who wave not logged in for about 5 to 7 days. I don't think a player like that is really interested in this game anymore.

Besides this world is for testing. Players who are not really active are not really testing either.

DeletedUser

I totally agree. Graveyard-like server one week after it is created? Makes no sense.

DeletedUser231

at the start when I first arrived activity seemed to be good, but since then player activity in my area kind of sucks. Mail response is nil to mails, trading is weak and visitations are way way down.

DeletedUser231

:eek: I don`t believe this :)
But to answer you must understand english. Sometimes the people cannot write or understand it.

Practice, practice, practice is the only way you will get better.

DeletedUser231

I examined all my neighbors.

I currently have 20 neighbors discovered.

20% are inactive
50% visit my city
30% do nothing
10% have trades on the market

100% never reply at all to mails sent to them.

DeletedUser

I examined myself:

100% of my neighbors see me as 'inactive' for never doing nothing
100% of my neighbors are not visited by me
if I need something I put a trade on the market, as there are never trades, it disappaers within minutes
never send mails sent to my neighbors
100% of me, and 2,1% of my neighbors, are very content because of the frequent updates of this game ...

DeletedUser136

I'm close to having 50 neighbors now. 3 visit me, 8 post trades (including undiscovered neighbors), I've messaged back and forth with 2... your neighborhood is probably not as bad as you think it is.

DeletedUser95

I don't think elvenar management though we will play so much and lvl up with that speed !!
looking forward for next updates/changes/ new things in here :)
trying to stay in the top100 players ,

DeletedUser

I examined all my neighbors.

I currently have 20 neighbors discovered.

20% are inactive
50% visit my city
30% do nothing
10% have trades on the market

100% never reply at all to mails sent to them.

You affraid them ? :)

DeletedUser205

I don't think elvenar management though we will play so much and lvl up with that speed !!
why not? It's a closed beta and object is testing everything. So I hope, they are happy, if some players have fun to test the advanced gamemechanic soon, and don't mind to spend some money for that?
For me the ranking doesn't matter in a beta, I'm not playing a competition against whom ever. It's just curiosity on gamemechanic, grafics and feeling.
My plan is, to start on lifeserver again and slowly in progress than (and in competition against my own brain, as ever).
For me the fightings are great fun, now that I sort of understand how to ;-)
And (by the way) the losses are not to hard in my eyes, it's really depending on experience, various tricks and sometimes the white flag early enough.
The neighbor-thing is furthermore getting well in my little hexarea, but definitly not the focus in this game, I think. Although in my opinion it would be a great help, to build sort of cascade-trading with neighbors as I described in another post.

Last edited by a moderator: