• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Experience with neighbors ...

DeletedUser

4th or 5th day here, rose up to position 350, time to review the theme of neighbors:

Yes, I've 'discovered' until now about 20 neighbors, and they all receive from my part the 'neighborly help' ...

Nice about 13.000 coins per day, but only 2 of them 'help back', the rest is sleeping, they also seem to have abandoned their cities, they seem to be of that player-type which 'must have' every beta-key in the world, but then playing-aim is reached once received the beta key ...

I think at the current state, nobody can count with something based on neighbors - f.e. you cannot put in your city 5 culture buildings, counting that 2 of them, or 1 of them always would be 'polished' giving you more culture ... if you want 'more culture' you must get it by your own.

So if all you want/need, you must get it by your own, there is no need to count with neighbors activity, no need to give them 'neighborly help' - isn't it so?

So what's your experience with your neighbors? are they more/less active than mine?

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser126

I already pointed out on the second day this game will need a system to manage inactive players like FoE did in the neighborhoods. I have like 40+ players discovered and i maybe get 4-5 visits a day and those are only from people in top 100

DeletedUser

I've got a mixture around me. I've got 8 or so neighbours who visit daily and slightly more who are inactive. Some of them never progressed beyond the first few quests by the look of their village.

Hopefully they will implement a Friend or Guild feature to allow you to visit and help those who aren't in your immediate neighbourhood, it's probably on a master "wishlist" somewhere

Is there an actual quest to teach about neighbourly help? I don't remember ever getting it and only discovered the feature when someone was kind enough to buff my hall on the first day.

DeletedUser

You're absolutely right. I have some of those neighbours as well, didn't even build a single thing. Alot of people are angry on facebook for not getting a key yet, so i'd say in this state of the game, people who have been inactive for 3/4 days should be removed so they can hand over more keys to other players.

DeletedUser95

agree I hope those inactive players will get replace with those folks that are still waiting for key's
after all if those inactive player want to come back they can in later time.. and start with neighbors
that are in close range points/

DeletedUser

The waiting time for a key is just one day (my waiting time two days ago). This is not really long.
But I think here are a lot of only looking user. They look and do nothing more. Is this normal or not? I don´t know. The first step in a game is often difficult. In this game you need the quests to get forward, because they are very very strong. Without the quests, the game is very slow... and the most people have only one or two buildmaster. This is not enough for a smooth gameplay, if you want to have an active game with many clicks.

In the first five minutes decide the user to play futher or not.

DeletedUser

What you should keep in mind too, is that a player might be your neighbor and you can 'help him', BUT you're not this player's neighbor, unless he 'discovered' you too/back, so even if he receives the notice that you 'helped' him, he cannot 'help you back' ...

That's what I pointed out already various times: although meanwhile there are more than 3500 on this beta-server, you're a playing 'alone': no serious interactivity with neighbors, no 'friends', no 'guilt', no chat etc.

I insist it's a little bit a boring/stupid collection/earning of that what's system is automatically providing/producing.

Early 'beta' or not, I think the basic idea of this browser-game is already evident, and I'm not sure if a 'multiplayer-browser-game' without interaction of the 'multiplayers' would go straight to win the price 'game of year'... :)

Best regards,

Extranjero

DeletedUser205

perhaps there are some more players, who like me are not experienced with FoE and therefore not fast enough to figure out the basics.
I needed 2 aktive days to understand how the neighbourhoodthings work.
Did you try to get in contact via ingame-mail with the missing donationrewarders?

DeletedUser

Best 'contact via ingame-mailwith the missing donationrewarders' cannot/doesn't lead to nothing if you already have 'discovered' your neighbor and 'help him', but he still cannot 'discover' (nor 'help') you because he still stays ten thousands provinces far from you ... being neighbor is' not reciprocal, it's by design a one-way and for that neither communicative nor interactive ...

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser205

so the point is not to find out, whether a next positioned neighbour is sleeping or not, but propably get in contact with far away discoverd neighbours BEFORE donate them in hope of rewards? I thought, it is part of the game to work out, how and with whom to get together?

DeletedUser

You cannot 'discover' neighbors that are 'far away' as for you are limited to your already 'scouted' and 'conquered' provinces - if you border there with a neighbor, he for you is valid 'discovered' and YOU can help him. Note: he can only help you if he has 'discovered' you and there is no warranty that if you are a neighbor of a player he is a neighbor of you ...

A neighbor-province is just a province more, one, which you cannot 'conquer', but where you can earn some coins by clicking it daily, so technically there is no difference between 'collect relics' in a relics province or 'collect' some few coins in a neighbor province - your ' neighbor' is a 'dead object' in this game like relics are objects without life..

So it's less to get/give some coins from/to another player - it's more that you are playing like a lonesome orphan in a multi-player game ... maybe that's the reason that evidently many payers leave the game after few hours because there happens nothing but your own (few) clicks.

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser205

I know, that I can only discover "next to me"-areas.
But after MY first few hours, I got Donation from someone far away (which I couldn't reward because of the reasons, you discribed).
But we could write mails, what we did. I got some hints, how to get to him more quickly. And I didn't feel, that nothing happened but my own few clicks.
In that way I got in contact with most of my neighbours. There may be some "dead accounts" around me, but most neighbours are active.
I think, the point is, to work around the borders of a dead account, if you wish to expand in that direction.

Not feeling like "a lonesome orphan" for me is finding communication via mail and trading.

DeletedUser236

I got some hints, how to get to him more quickly.

Can you share some of the hints?
I try to reach some ppl who look active, but it seems like I have to scout other areas before I can scout the ones I want.. Any tips on that matter?

Here is my situation:

http://prntscr.com/5yxsda

edit: it just seems I'm not the brightest.. I think I can't scout it because I haven't finished the adjacent area ?!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The waiting time for a key is just one day (my waiting time two days ago). This is not really long.
But I think here are a lot of only looking user. They look and do nothing more. Is this normal or not? I don´t know. The first step in a game is often difficult. In this game you need the quests to get forward, because they are very very strong. Without the quests, the game is very slow... and the most people have only one or two buildmaster. This is not enough for a smooth gameplay, if you want to have an active game with many clicks.

In the first five minutes decide the user to play futher or not.

Some people registered in November and still haven't received a key. You got lucky i guess, cause they're supposed to be send in chronological order.

DeletedUser264

I was lucky, after some time of being registered and waiting, accidentaly i got twitter key. .D Still... one of ca. 9-10 of my current neighbours is active. Neighbourhood system is NOT WORKING at all and some way of removing unactive players is ESSENTIAL! :)

DeletedUser

Some people registered in November and still haven't received a key..
hm... my first registration was in the middle of december, but I forgot to click on the confirmitation link. It is possible, that the chonological order works with the first registration,... or it depends additionelly on a special referlink for old know players.

I have actually only three or four active player in my neighbourhood. This is not so much :-(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have 6/7 active neighbours who visit my town on a daily basis, and my marble trading is going pretty well at the moment as well. I was having a hard time keeping my culture level at 170% cause nobody would polish them, but now more neighbours polish them, and after i got the butchershop, i'm even back at 200% again. Still there are too many ''dead'' neighbours surrounding me, hopefully they will get rid of inactive players soon.

ThaMartin

I like the suggestion to put accounts of people who don't play anymore, to an "inactive" state and provide others with beta keys. Actually, you wouldn't even have to remove these accounts for inactive players don't cost any server load anyway and the chances they get active again are pretty low anyhow :)