• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented Expansion Differentiation

DeletedUser58

Current System: All expansions on the tech tree are titled "City Expansion" and one cannot differentiate between them.

Suggestion: Add a number (or a letter) that allows a player to differentiate between the various expansions.

Why: There are quests which ask you to "Research map expansion" (quoted from the requirement of a current quest of mine), but it does not let you know which expansion it actually means (and the quest wants a specific expansion, not just any expansion on the tech tree). This can be a problem because when I received the quest I was about to gain access to research 2 expansions. And I researched both of them. Neither of them accomplished the quest because apparently it meant the map expansion that's a few researches ahead of where I am on the tech tree.

I don't see how this could have a negative effect or be abused in any way, it's extremely simple and it will clarify things for the player as to what precisely the quest wants him/her to do.

DeletedUser136

Add a number (or a letter) that allows a player to differentiate between the various expansions
So instead of 'research map expansion' it would say something like 'research map expansion 12'?

I've never had an issue with the game not crediting the closest expansions to where I am, (I think I was even passed through a quest because I had already done the one it wanted me to research) but I could see how a number would make it easier to be sure... especially since my last one like that was to research two of them.

DeletedUser58

So instead of 'research map expansion' it would say something like 'research map expansion 12'?
Yep! The quest would list the number of the expansion, which would also be listed on the tech tree.

It wasn't an issue for me before, likely because I was lucky to get the correct expansions, but it would be best to be sure than base it on luck/guessing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

With update 0.15, every research has gotten a unique name:
Some technologies in the research tree have been renamed, so that it is clearer which research you need in order to complete quests.

Here's a screenshot of the feature:
4CJQQXS.png