• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented Exchange in research Tree

DeletedUser

Hi,

at the moment I am playing in beginning of the second research column with "Advanced Armory", so my army size is 36.
At the moment my exploration and expansion distance on the worldmap is somewhere between 3 and 4 attached squares (Enemy army size max. is 107). So far the difficulty of further expansion seems to be linear and limited by my army size and fighting tactics.
Right now my territory expansion is slowing down and going to stop very soon, which means I have to wait longer for further scientific approaches, since I won't get any research points out of my figths and my trading capacity is going to stagnate since I won't discover any further players.

In the second research column is no squad size upgrade and in the third research column I see two squad size uprades. So this means my territory, trade and research expansion will be sluggish in the second column and get a high boost in the third column.
For the gameflow it migth be positive to exchange the "Advanced Armory" in the second column with one of the "Squad Size Upgrade" in the third column.

Maybe this massive slowdown additional to the higher research and general cost is intended, but I find it very frustrating, for I can't do anything else than gather productions, upgrade buildings and wait for 307 research points - which means 307 hours; or by 24 points per day, 12,8 days.
Since (with work and 8 hours sleep per day) I regulary get a maximum of 20 points per day and so I am playing a sitting duck for 2,5 or nearly 3 weeks. :)
You migth say I could trade and negotiate - correct, but in this case I will get difficulties with the amount of wares to unlock the new research and/or upgrade my production buildings. Especially since my trading capacity is so limited and the trading fee quite high.

So far, what I am aware of.

Best regards
Kyrael

DeletedUser

I will tell you this. It won't get better even if you are busy researching advanced armory. I a currently doing the firt advanced armory and I have no space. My squad size is 60 and I have conquered so many provinces already that I can't get enough men and have to use all my coin and supplies to upgrade residences and get men that I don't have the stuff to research.
Personally I ask for slightly lower enemies at province cost of 42000 (Level 2 scouts) I can't get enough men to conquer a province within a week. (Barracks level 5, two armories 4, 7 workshops 6/5/4)

DeletedUser236

I will tell you this. It won't get better even if you are busy researching advanced armory. I a currently doing the firt advanced armory and I have no space. My squad size is 60 and I have conquered so many provinces already that I can't get enough men and have to use all my coin and supplies to upgrade residences and get men that I don't have the stuff to research.
Personally I ask for slightly lower enemies at province cost of 42000 (Level 2 scouts) I can't get enough men to conquer a province within a week. (Barracks level 5, two armories 4, 7 workshops 6/5/4)
the fights are simply too Hard.. You loose to much and cant spend all resources on rebuilding them (+ as you say it takes long to rebuild your army)

We need a better combat system, if you agree then support threads like these (click)

DeletedUser

I replied THIS a to similar proposal earlier, nevertheless i would support an exchange with the armory upgrade research, if the needed work is done with the squad upgrade quest.

Having in mind, what you say about KPs: Do you know, that you can buy KPs for coins?

DeletedUser

Hi,
Having in mind, what you say about KPs: Do you know, that you can buy KPs for coins?
I knew it, and forgot it again hehe. Thanks for reminding me. :)
...and today I was surprised and somehow happy, for the exchange of "Advanced Armory" and "Squad size Upgrade" as mentioned above had been done. Thank you Innogames. :)

Bes regards
Kyrael

DeletedUser43

Thanks for noticing, Kyrael! It looks like this idea has indeed been implemented with update 0.13:
A few technologies have been reordered in the Research Tree for balancing purposes between the two races

Here's a screenshot of the Elven research tree:
e6pr0h.jpg

You can see that the Squad Size Upgrade and the Advanced Armory have been moved. :)