• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Events Evolving buildings

PaNonymeB

Give us a way to get artifacts regularly (but not easily). Make evolving building bases available once for free (as it is now), and the following ones buyable for real money.

Pros :
  • Allows new players to get access to old evolving buildings (again, the current way to give us such opportunities is terrible and unreliable, 2:1 ratio only offered once a year requires 2 years to get old evolving building, and this is if you get et the recipes and if the exchange rate doesn't become 4:2:1 next year (what I'm really afraid of, as these days we can't trust Inno to not destroy balance))
  • Would be a great source of income for Inno (I think some players would pay quite a lot for a second Fire Phoenix, especially if they eventually have the artifacts to evolve it in inventory).
  • Keeps the current balance of grand prizes in events : you can get one evolved building for free, the second requires premium
Cons :
  • Would greatly increase the number of people with several fire phoenixes, which could create balancing issues
Considerations :
What would be the new way to get artifacts ? I'm mainly thinking of two possibilities :
  • Allowing any artifact to be converted into an "Artifact Shard", and then you can use 2 (or 3) shards to evolve any building. I'm not sure how it would affect participation in FA, but currently I think many of us feel forced to do all FAs so that everyone in th FS gets level 10 evolving building. With this new system we could skip some FAs, and use leftover artifacts from other FAs to get the occasional missing level. This would possibly create more enjoyment in FA. (And, in case they don't know, more enjoyment = less players quitting = more income). We could also skip evolving buildings we're not interested in and use th event to partially evolve an older building we're more interested in. A con of this is that if they stop releasing evolving buildings, we'd be back in a situation where we can't get old artifacts.
  • Offering artifact shards (or random artifacts, but this would be considered as too random for anyone except the devs) as a final reward of the Spire, which would increase incentive in doing this. However, this may greatly reduce participation in FA.

little bee

I think it is a good idea. But I there needs to be a limit on how many fire phoenixes/ brown bears a city can have. One free base and one base for real money might be o.k. but not infinitively many.

INNO has repeatedly refused to create universal artifacts and changing any artifact into any other would essentially be the same. But maybe it would be possible to use only those artifacts you have left after leveling your free base to lv. 10.

iDavis

One evo building for free, second as premium - that would be new, because right now, there is not a single sign in the game saying "hey, with this event you can win 1 moon bear for free and you can pay for more". Obviously we all know what the chance of getting the second one for free is, but it's not something explicitly reaching player audience.
That said, I see it fine, but this would indeed need some limitation. The best way to do that I can think of right now include something "album stickers" based - you have one, there is no space for the same (=you bought one, you rached 1/1 state (I think during this year's carnival event we've seen something with buying event buildings for diamonds, in special offer window, that could be the way..)).

However, I do not agree with the second part - artifacts system is one of the briliant ideas of this game, each is unique, everytime player see one can easily decide whether it is relevant prize for him or not (depending on whether the building itself is relevant or not) and for devs this is the great way to make a huge variacy for ingame events, when it comes to rewards providing. If they implemented artifact shard, or anything like universal artifact, keep the trash can open, bacuse the whole system can go right there. Without any difference, just grab any artifact that appears, because I want to evolve my green unicorn.. I would not like to see this happen.

SoggyShorts

If they implemented artifact shard, or anything like universal artifact, keep the trash can open, bacuse the whole system can go right there. Without any difference, just grab any artifact that appears, because I want to evolve my green unicorn.. I would not like to see this happen.
I can't agree with this. Just like Runes and broken rune shards I believe that there should be a way to incrementally reach your goals, especially for things like the Fire phoenix that the game is being balanced around.
A 1:1 everything universal artifact as a prize is over the top, and I don't think anyone is asking for nor expecting it.
But a 1/2 or 1/3 or even 1/10 of a universal artifact is perfectly reasonable if obtaining it is limited.

little bee

One of the reasons the devs gave for not implementing universal artifacts was to make every artifact feel rare and valuable. But I would argue that this is not currently true. Right now artifacts are only usefull, if you have exactly the right number of them. If you have too few, then the building will not be worth building let alone upgrading. If you have too many, then you may lack the second base or at least the artifacts for it.
On my live world I won all 9 artifacts for the wise golem, but not the second base. That means the two artifacts from the FA are completly useless for me.
With this idea all artifacts could become usefull. When you have too few there is the possibility to slowly get more and when you have too many you can exchange them for others.

Deleted User - 86059

I'm sorry but to be the devil's advocate here, you do have the option to exchange if you have too many.
You can turn them into spell fragments for an event that the task calls for.
You can also save them if that is the building you really want and wait for the next FA or the MA to have the pieces

Enevhar Aldarion

I'm sorry but to be the devil's advocate here, you do have the option to exchange if you have too many.
You can also save them if that is the building you really want and wait for the next FA or the MA to have the pieces

The only ones I save are the Phoenix and Bear artifacts, since Inno has shown those events repeat. As for spell fragments, smaller cities can use them, but they are mostly meaningless to a late-chapter city. It would nice if, at a certain chapter break, disenchanting switched from spell fragments to something new, like the way an event building gives mana in chapter 10, but a chapter 11 version gives seeds.

SoggyShorts

Only during a small window each year, and only some buildings if I'm not mistaken.
When I came back the game let me craft the base for
  1. Polar
  2. Brown
  3. Panda
  4. Coldfire
  5. festive may
for which I have zero artifacts
I already had zero artifacts for:
  • Storm and
  • Aurite
as well as
  • Stonehenge for which I have 7 artifacts
Finally, I have 1 fire phoenix fully upgraded with no leftovers. IMO there should be some, reasonable path to getting 3-5 of those 8 buildings up to maximum level in under 2 years

little bee

The devs argued that every artifact was supposed to be rare and valuable. Spell fragments are definitivly not rare. And there is a softcap of how many can be used. The same players that spend the most time on events are usually also the players that have too many spellfragments already. So for them the fragments are not valuable either.
And the FA or MA will not always help you. As I said I won all 9 golem artifacts in the sorcerers pilgramage, but not the second base. And then I got two more artifacts from the FA. These two artifacts have no use to me at all (except to disenchant). The only way I could ever use them, is if I tore down my fully evolved golem, waited for a new base in the MA and then rebuild the golem at stage 3. I see no reason why I should ever do that. And there are no known plans for this event to ever reappear.

I spend a lot of time and efford on both the event and the FA. And yet the argument against universal artifacts/ exchanging artifacts is that it would be unfair to those players that spend a lot of efford to get the artifacts. With the current system this argument feels almost offensive.

Last edited:

Marindor

We currently already have ways to obtain evolution artifacts from previous events and might introduce new ways from time to time. I'll archive this thread now, as voting is not really needed here.