• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Evolution of Phoenix

Karvest

What else you'd expect to be here? Sets in daily's? Easter set is anyway not a good one...
Hope there would be some better hybrid like Phoenix Cult.

SoggyShorts

What else you'd expect to be here?
KP, timer instants, PP, or yeah phoenix cult would at least be good pop/sq.

Why it's boring for me:
When you are at 150% culture with zero pure culture buildings and no buffs there's really nothing as uninteresting as pure culture prizes. There's already 18 pure culture crafting recipes (most of which are better than the prizes) that I ignor:efrown:

Lovec Krys

Well, it seems that they gave us the buildings from last Phoenix first.

@SoggyShorts At least you had time to finish quests in those days with mostly uninteresting rewards, so you can focus on something usefull (if it comes, but I suppose it should, since we still have many days of event left and we are almost out of the previous Phoenix building).
I personally always hope there is nothing interesting for me during the first week of the event (to have more tries for rewards I want to).

Edit: Oh my ... so many mistakes I've corrected with this edit. What a shame.

Last edited:

Maillie

Soggy, I really appreciated the option to scout or train. I checked, and my scout was due back in within the next three hours. I didn't have to delete all the troops I had set up to train; in fact, I didn't have to do anything. The next time I got online, the scout had returned, the quest was checked and my regular troops were there. I don't know too many that will sit and wait for 20 troops, or 100 troops, or whatever to finish anyway. Most set their troops up and get them when they return, so the amount asked for might seem like too few for you, but I would guess that most players appreciated it. It gave the option to wait for them to finish, or return later and collect, if no scout was going to finish soon. Nice job, devs.

SoggyShorts

Soggy, I really appreciated the option to scout or train.
Actually, I think I made a mistake with those numbers- I think a level 5 barracks is much slower than I posted and would take 120 minutes, not 12. meaning there's far more usefulness to the scout option than I had posted.

Still, the devs have said that the recommended scout time is 24h and that we should "slow down once our scout times go over 24h" so the balance of those quests might still be a little off.

The train under 100 troops is just way too easy for later chapter players is what I'm saying.
Between Vallors
Grounds of the orc
Bulwark
Shrewdy
Toads
Flying academy
You only need 1 to complete each quest

I mean it's fine, this is the easiest major event we've ever had so those quests fit if you look at it that way. Even a player like me who enjoys a challenge is ok with the occasional "move a building" quest, but this event just seemed too easy.

Last edited:

Avenahar

I am confused by the usage of different words in relation with units-delivering quests, e.g.:
2. Recruit 15 Units
14. Recruit 30 Units
50. Train a mighty amount of Units
70. Train a mighty amount of Units

Does it mean, that "train" only counts units from the Barracks, Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp and "Recruit" also counts units from Ancient Wonders as Heroes' Forge and Event buildings as Vallorian Valor?

edeba

So, who's put these evolving buildings out and what do you think? I am still undecided...

DeletedUser2632

So, who's put these evolving buildings out and what do you think? I am still undecided...

I did some evaluation, and in order of priority, I'd favor

1. Fire - for the tourney powers
2. Aureate - does not need an additional step (using MM) to get value, thus more economical, and bonus will apply to all factories, not just those with MM on

DeletedUser2632

It's funny too since
a) I've never been more chill :cool:
b) no one in the history of humanity has ever been helped in any way whatsoever by being told to calm down, whether they were agitated or not.:p

it's simple man. just cos your numbers and stats are correct doesn't mean it's nice to throw it at others. sometimes when you've made your point, it's enough. people are alive, have emotions, opinions, thoughts, not machines where you put an input and expect a set output.

your problem is you think it's all about you, when it's really about how you make people feel. when we say "chill", we are not saying "don't be angry". tbh I don't think we really care whether you're jumping up and down on your seat or chilling with a glass of wine in your bath tub while you're typing your replies. What we're really saying is, "okay we've got your point, now would you lay off a bit on stuffing our faces with it".

in fact I agree totally with your numbers but even then I am not on your side with how you deal with responding on the boards. It becomes very personal when every post someone writes gets an immediate response targeting it. If you went to your civic square and did this with somebody in person, in real life, it would be seen as a face-off. Like a dance battle, only much less enjoyable and much less appreciated.

and that's all i'm gonna say, you can agree, disagree, whatever, but i'm not going to get caught up in another virtual face off over something that's inconsequential as far as the game (which is what I'm really here for) is concerned

SoggyShorts

when we say "chill", we are not saying "don't be angry".......What we're really saying is, "okay we've got your point, now would you lay off a bit on stuffing our faces with it".
I gotta say I don't see it. Scooby told me to take a chill pill and some deep breaths... That certainly sounds like it's about me and my emotions more than others.
@Scoobydoo please confirm for me: Too much feedback? Supporting my position with further examples and more information is bad?:confused:

I am not on your side with how you deal with responding on the boards. It becomes very personal when every post someone writes gets an immediate response targeting it.
I think it's a sad state we're in when facts and numbers are enough to hurt peoples feelings.:(

Lovec Krys

My personal choice is Fire. I'll use it for my primary tourneys (with relics for making MM spells).
For me, there's no reason to build more than one since the lack of phoenix upgrading thing and pet food to use it more often or on more than one building without using real money.
On beta I'm planning to test how much phoenix upgrading things I can get and on live I'll do the same (just on different daily rewards on beta/live due to being in the different/same chapter since carneval).