• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Evolution of Phoenix

edeba

So, what are your priorities for all those diamonds you are going to collect?

This is going to be the first event where I don't finish all of the quests!:eek:

That's ok though because I'm just choosing this path. I am 9 feathers from the next GP which is a WW, and the "scout 2" and "gain 18 relics" would only give me 130 ess which is about 6 or 7 feathers. Not worth speeding my scout for 60 hours.

I won
9 evolutions
28 WW and
9 other GP.
5 burning pools too, but that was by accident.

I didn't track anything else closely, but I know I hit the 200 free ess more times than I should have. Closer to 20% than 10%.

SoggyShorts

So, what are your priorities for all those diamonds you are going to collect?

My next expansion is 1250 diamonds so I'll grab a few of those, then at some point, it might make sense to buy a magic residence if that saves me more squares per diamond than the next expansion.

I think I'll try to always keep a small stash in case I need to buy some event currency. The ratio is terrible, but if 500 or even 1200 diamonds make
the difference between getting the final set piece or not, it's totally worth it.

SoggyShorts

No magic workshop?
Actually, I might go down to zero workshops there's really no need for them late game with the sets we were given.
For magic residences, like I said, only when they are better than an expansion:

Magic Res takes 15 sq+1.5 roads+1880 culture
Normal Res takes 16.5 sq + 1600 culture
I don't actually have or need any pure culture buildings, but if I did, the non-event ones give 580 per square and roads 260
So roughly
A mag res gives 6700 in 19 squares = 352 pop per square
A norm res gives 3900 in 18.5 square = 210 pop per square

Adding a Mag res to your city gives you 2800 pop (over a normal res) which is a gain of around 13 squares, only about half as good as an expansion.

A mag res costs 1400 diamonds which is 107 diamonds per square gained. (1400/13)
105*25= 2,675, so I wouldn't buy a mag res until expansions become more expensive than 2,675

Premium expansion #8 costs 2600, so I'd buy that, and then a magic residence.

Karvest

Actually, I might go down to zero workshops there's really no need for them late game with the sets we were given.
Then why you still have 6 of them???
Even with all given sets, amount of workshop depends on your desired tournament performance. You can produce more and perform better, and that would require some workshops.
and not only in tournaments soon™.:rolleyes:
May be that would change later with more sets given.

SoggyShorts

Then why you still have 6 of them???
I'm a chicken.
I want to remove all the factories and workshops but I already designed a really nice city.
Also, I need to remove all armories and replace with level 31 armories but I haven't done that either.
I even have 2 expansions that I haven't placed and 3k diamonds to buy more that I haven't done.

Mostly my Beta city is in stand-by mode- no reason to do anything until I know what's coming.

SoggyShorts

Even with all given sets, amount of workshop depends on your desired tournament performance. You can produce more and perform better, and that would require some workshops.
There is a hard limit to how much time I'm willing to spend on the tournament. Unless they reduce it from 4 to 2 or even 1 encounter I won't do more even if they game me unlimited resources.

edeba

Where's the "OMG, you get that much in supplies when you polish a magic workshop" in your calculations?

For magic residences, like I said, only when they are better than an expansion:

Magic Res takes 15 sq+1.5 roads+1880 culture
Normal Res takes 16.5 sq + 1600 culture
I don't actually have or need any pure culture buildings, but if I did, the non-event ones give 580 per square and roads 260
So roughly
A mag res gives 6700 in 19 squares = 352 pop per square
A norm res gives 3900 in 18.5 square = 210 pop per square

Adding a Mag res to your city gives you 2800 pop (over a normal res) which is a gain of around 13 squares, only about half as good as an expansion.

A mag res costs 1400 diamonds which is 107 diamonds per square gained. (1400/13)
105*25= 2,675, so I wouldn't buy a mag res until expansions become more expensive than 2,675

Premium expansion #8 costs 2600, so I'd buy that, and then a magic residence.

SoggyShorts

Where's the "OMG, you get that much in supplies when you polish a magic workshop" in your calculations?
Too busy working up the guts to remove all workshops.:p
These new event buildings are just silly with how many supplies they give.
I just don't have anything to use the space on yet. Maybe if a guest race is released before my WW die I'll convert to zero workshops.

edeba

I thought this was a good event overall. There was no 20 hour instant for daily prize. Some prizes made the rounds twice and I thought good time instants should have been daily prizes twice, the 14 hour and the 20 hour, and one of them should have been quite late so if we didn't care for the prizes we could finish off on what we had for on them as one of the last few days of the event prizes.