• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Event quests unbalanced by boost type. (spoilers)

SoggyShorts

For the most part all boosts are equal, but the upgrade and produce goods quests really favour elven planks and both marbles.
There are quests to produce
30 times 3h productions
24 times 9h
18 times 1 day
Having your tier 1 buildings take up 2x1 instead of 2x2 has a pretty big impact on those.

Also, there are quests to
upgrade 5 buildings to level 4
upgrade 6 buildings to level 5
upgrade 7 buildings to level 6
Now the elven planker needs 14 squares for those 7 buildings, and a steeler needs 42! Or worse a human planker needs 54!!
After you add in roads it's the difference between dedicating 1/2 of an expansion and 2 full expansions.

Sure, you could use other buildings for the upgrades, but that costs you the only resource even more precious than space: Time.

I'm not sure how this could be balanced other than replacing those types of quests with something else.
This event seems like a return to the winter event where it's really just 8 quests than keep getting bigger. I'm pretty sure something less repetitive is possible.

Last edited:

DeletedUser607

I agree with you.

yet, nobody sets up those buildings to produce goods. so, these upgrade building quests are fairly agnostic. in other words, a steel producer can happily set up marble mines, and the quest will trigger (I got it triggered with an apple field... it was a coincidence).

where steel-producers have problems: those 1d production quests, with those quests, they need twice the space.

SoggyShorts

in other words, a steel producer can happily set up marble mines
Looking at my human cities options, I can either build 7 3x3 plankers that I can use for productions between upgrades, or 7 2x2 steel-- I'd rather not waste the space on buildings just for upgrades.

CrazyWizard

For the most part all boosts are equal, but the upgrade and produce goods quests really favour elven planks and both marbles.
There are quests to produce
30 times 3h productions
24 times 9h
18 times 1 day
Having your tier 1 buildings take up 2x1 instead of 2x2 has a pretty big impact on those.

Also, there are quests to
upgrade 5 buildings to level 4
upgrade 6 buildings to level 5
upgrade 7 buildings to level 6
Now the elven planker needs 14 squares for those 7 buildings, and a steeler needs 42! Or worse a human planker needs 54!!
After you add in roads it's the difference between dedicating 1/2 of an expansion and 2 full expansions.

Sure, you could use other buildings for the upgrades, but that costs you the only resource even more precious than space: Time.

I'm not sure how this could be balanced other than replacing those types of quests with something else.
This event seems like a return to the winter event where it's really just 8 quests than keep getting bigger. I'm pretty sure something less repetitive is possible.

When I have these quests I simply build anything thats small, under normal circumstances your factories are in 99% of the cases already where you want that.
so it's not that you have 7 factories running around.

So I just grab a human marble factory and up that to get the desired quest done. also instead of upgrading 7 factories to 6, you can do with a bit less and just up 4 factories twice, that gives the same effect and will finish your quest.

Dont forget the event runs for 4 weeks, you do NOT have to finish it in 48 hours, there aint much advatage to finish it that quick (tho 2-3 weeks is preffered for max effect on the daily rewards)

SoggyShorts

there aint much advatage to finish it that quick
It all depends on what day the "good" daily prize comes. The difference between being on quest 60 that day and being finished is around 5 buildings.
note: "good" can be different for each player.