• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Event Prize Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted User - 56274
  • Start date

Deleted User - 56274

Okay - here goes! I did want to create a poll with this but did not see the option.
Summer Solstice
+1 Chests
  • Daily Exclusive 5/10%
  • 2 Booster 2h
  • 1 Supply Windfall 5%
  • 20 Sun Flare
  • 1 Coin Rain 10%
  • 2 Inspiring Meditation
  • 3 Magical Manufacturing
  • 100 Sun Flare
  • 1 Coin Rain 5%
  • 1 Rune Shard
  • 1 AWKP 10
  • 50 Sun Flare
  • 3 KP

+2 Chests
  • Daily Exclusive 15%
  • 100 Sun Flare
  • 1 Coin Rain 15%
  • 1 AWKP 15
+3 Chests
  • Daily Exclusive 15%
  • 200 Sun Flare
  • 2 Magical Manufacturing
  • 4 Booster 8h

+5 Chests
  • Daily Exclusive 30%
  • 500 Sun Flare
  • 1 PP 33%
  • 1 AWKP 30
  • 20 KP
Grand Prizes:
  • Wishing Well
  • Carting Library
  • Monument of AK
  • Ferris Wheel Galore

Daily Prizes:
  • Culture Buildings
  • Culture/Pop Buildings
  • 4 14H Speed Boost
  • Culture + Supplies/T3/Mana
  • 1 30 AWKP
  • Wishing Well
  • Trading Outpost - Coin rain/PP
  • Monument of Ancient Knowledge
  • Carting Library

Okay, honestly the 41 point chest rewards are just... underwhelming. For the 1 event currency chests they are really hit or miss on rewards. Personally unless I am after the Enchants for a quest I go with the lowest cost or the ones that provide a chance of event currency. I do find it odd that the 28 coral chest rewards more Enchants than the +3 chest.

For the Grand Prizes, they are all buildings that expire. I feel that the fact that the Wishing Well and Monument are Daily Prizes makes them very blah as grand prizes. I like the Carting Library and am rather indifferent toward the Ferris Wheel. Looking at this list, only the Ferris Wheel is a unique Grand Prize, the other buildings are all on the Daily Prize List.

On to the Daily Prizes:
  • Culture Buildings - they are free and instant - Yay.
  • Culture/Pop Buildings - I love these things, downside is I may be better off with more residences, haven't quite decided that yet. I do miss some of the smaller varieties of 1x1, 2x1 and 2x2.
  • Speed Boosts - I love these. I want the 20 hours back. I miss the variety that we had in previous events.
  • 1 30 Ancient Wonder KP - No complaints they are a nice change.
  • Wishing Well - Free diamonds, the more the merrier, but being daily dilutes them as a grand prize.
  • Trading Outpost - I like this much better now that I am in chapter 6 with them. Coin Rain is one of those meh things to me though I know others love them.
  • Monument of Ancient Knowledge - Like the wishing well haveing this as a Daily dilutes it as a grand prize. A few of these are nice to collect AW KP to give away to others.
  • Carting Library - Granted, this is another building like the wishing well I have a love affair with, still I don't think it merits status as both Daily and Grand.
  • Items that I would like to see as prizes:
  • Royal Restorations - Honestly I'd like to see this as a Grand Prize as 5 RRs or a Purple Chest award as 1. Doing it as a daily prize would dilute the reward and delight they give when you get them during tourney.
  • Blueprints - This is one I would like to see as a grand prize. For the events with evolutions it would not show until after 8 evolutions are gained so it would be a reward for those who are really working at the event (or really lucky). For events with buildings sets, not until after 2/3rds of the set is gained.
  • Speed Boosts! I miss the 20 hour boost. I'd like to see more of the 5 hour and 20 hour boosts. The week-long mermaid event had some in smaller 5 minute to 1 hour categories. These are just nice. They make a wonderful chest reward. The 20 hour if given in a multiple might be a worthy grand prize.
  • Portal Profits - these also would make a nice grand prize at the 33% range. Given that there are more chapters that use portal profits I think they are a nice inclusion at any level for folks.
  • Combining Catalysts - 5/10/20 or some nice multiple would make a nice grand prize as well.
  • Vision Vapor & Spell Fragments - A small fragment of these might be a nice chest reward. I'm not sure it would be a good grand prize and it should not be a daily.
What would you like to see in chests or as daily and grand prize rewards in events?

DeletedUser

Wow Impressive @Kasia a lot of work you did with this. My only suggestion is that there aren't repeat gifts in the grand prizes, besides the artifacts.
Artifact > New Gift1 > Artifact > Ferris Wheel > Artifact > New Gift2 > Artifact > New Gift3 > Artifact > New Gift4 > Artifact > New Gift5 > Artifact > New Gift6 > Artifact > New Gift7 > Artifact > New Gift8 > Artifact > New Gift9> Artifact > New Gift10 > Artifact > New Gift > Artifact > New Gift > Artifact > New Gift > Artifact > New Gift > Artifact > New Gift > Artifact > New Gift > Artifact > New Gift > Artifact > New Gift > Artifact > New Gift > Artifact > New Gift

Deleted User - 56274

I don't mind some repetition, but four, with 3 being daily prizes means that other than getting evolutions there is little drive to get the grand prizes. I would like to see them get to be more valuable things as we progress through so that if you get the 10th evolution and are still earning prizes you get wonderful things like another phoenix, Blueprints, RRs, Venar's Rocks...
Something that feels really special rather than something that oh well I got 10 of those as a daily prize I really don't need another.

Arthus

Event prizes are more and more underwhelming and difficult to obtain since they weakened stonehenge with 48h instead of 24h.

lika1961

There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between what Inno thinks we want and what we actually want. I have always enjoyed the unique event buildings and particularly when they look really cool. Still love the Woodelvenstock ones a lot even though they are probably not the best producers available.

Lately you can't do anything without getting coin or supply spells and my question is how many of these can you actually use? Every player probably has a huge stock of them, so what is the incentive to earn more? I can't decide if it is lack of imagination or just plain laziness, but this stubborn insistence on giving these as prizes is really, really irritating me a lot. The Spire is not attractive to me because of the ridiculous costs and the mediocre prizes. Many people have said that and yet it remains mostly unchanged. Why? What is the point of having a new element in the game that hardly anybody wants to use? Everyone understands tournament and what the benefits and rewards are. If you introduce something that competes with tournament, does it not make sense that it should be more attractive? To a point where you have to take part because everything about it is so awesome?

There seems to be an attitude of "players will like what we give them". I don't know how that makes sense. A good idea (like revolving quests) is introduced, but at the same time it is polluted by not being thought through properly. Why would I want to keep buying KP to progress through the quests? Particularly when the prizes are things like Magical Manufacturing spells. Really? I can make them in my MA. Why would I want to buy KP to get them? That just does not make sense. And at the same time stand a very good chance of winning more useless coin and supply spells. That is just stupid.

I understand that there has to be balance in the game. Prizes that are too rich will create some kind of havoc down the line, blah, blah, blah. I love events because, let's face it, the game becomes very boring in the end stage while waiting endlessly for a new chapter to appear. The prizes don't have to be spectacular in every single event, but for the love of all things holy, could we at least have different ones for a change?

Lovec Krys

There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between what Inno thinks we want and what we actually want.
I totaly agree.

Why would I want to keep buying KP to progress through the quests? Particularly when the prizes are things like Magical Manufacturing spells. Really? I can make them in my MA. Why would I want to buy KP to get them?
I can give you answer for this. Although this will be used by limited amount of players, I can actualy enjoy this reward, since my MA's time is almost entirely used by making Catalysts and I use MM spell quite regularly. So with the current event settings I can take few of them in my main city (only there).

Deleted User - 56274

At times I use the Coin Rain and Supply Windfall especially if I'm advancing through chapters or laying down expansions that cost me gold.... mostly when I get quests that require spell fragments they are one of my go to disenchant items.

They are not something I want to see as a daily prize or in a 2, 3 or 5 chest.

New Edit/post
I have to admit the Monument of Ancient Knowledge I am rather tired of. I have so many 3 point KP things that I have been removing them for space for other items. None of the 4 grand prizes really spark because they are dailies as well other than the ferris wheel and we get them with every event. Bring back the unicorns or something....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2917

I agree with everyone else. I started Elvenar and in my first event I spent way too much on diamonds to achieve the spring festival event. It paid off big time since I was just beginning chapter IV. With each subsequent event I have spent less diamonds, less time and far less enthusiasm. This is because it is just more of the same, over and over. You give me blueprints as a possible prize at times it would be great. You have all these great things you can include in the events, do it. You will begin to lose dedicated, diamond buying players if you don’t. My humble opinion.

Marindor

Hi @lika1961 ,

I have always enjoyed the unique event buildings and particularly when they look really cool. Still love the Woodelvenstock ones a lot even though they are probably not the best producers available.

<CUT>

The prizes don't have to be spectacular in every single event, but for the love of all things holy, could we at least have different ones for a change?

To be fair, the Summer Event introduced a lot of new buildings which (at least in my opinion) look very cool, so what exactly would you want to see different? Of course there have to be spells and stuff as in-between-rewards and fill-ups, but this event seemed to have introduced just the things you say you like (unique, nice looking event buildings) and still you're expressing you're unhappy about the rewards. I'm trying to understand this feedback, so could you perhaps make some suggestions about rewards that in your opinion would improve the events (and indeed of course keeping in mind not overpowering stuff because of game balance etc)? :)

King Luckybaby

The problem is ....

I always want to replace old bad event buildings
But .... I compare !
Old culture prices are better than the new -
really beautiful prices from the current event !

Deleted User - 56274

@King Luckybaby I find the optimal time to switch out old event buildings is when I advance chapters. Some of them are worth upgrading via RR, but mostly best to replace them unless like the phoenix (PP!) they give something awesome or a big boon in goods.

King Luckybaby

Example:

Venar's rock III
Level 5
5x4
People: 850
Culture: 850

Crab Hotel Deluxe
Level 5
5x4
People: 730
Culture: 620

Normally - I would delete the old one and built the new one !
But - The crab hotel deluxe is not better :-(

Deleted User - 56274

Well, Venar's Rock III was pretty much the ultimate, but for myself, once I hit chapter 6 (or in my case now chapter 7) that is when I'll look at replacing (or maybe upgrading) the event buildings. You still have to consider the benefit per square but typically it helps me boost population and culture to start upgrades.

lika1961

To be fair, the Summer Event introduced a lot of new buildings which (at least in my opinion) look very cool, so what exactly would you want to see different?

Hey Marindor,

I am so glad you asked :) I have no complaints with the buildings in the events as can be seen from my comment about the Woodelvenstock buildings. What I would like to see is a lot less of the coin and supply instants. I have 271 coin and 225 supply instants in my inventory right now and I can't imagine that I would ever use so many. How about more of the bigger time instants and portal profits? Or Pet Food or Royal Restorations. My problem is not with the filler aspect, but with what is used as fillers. I kid you not, almost every chest I opened in the current event ended up producing a coin or supply instant. Even the 18 coral chest which in past events was always good for some 2 hour time instants almost always gave me a supply instant this time. Although it might seem that there is a good spread of fillers in the chests, it is no good if players keep getting the same type in each chest they open.

Deleted User - 56274

Hey Marindor,

I am so glad you asked :) I have no complaints with the buildings in the events as can be seen from my comment about the Woodelvenstock buildings. What I would like to see is a lot less of the coin and supply instants. I have 271 coin and 225 supply instants in my inventory right now and I can't imagine that I would ever use so many. How about more of the bigger time instants and portal profits? Or Pet Food or Royal Restorations. My problem is not with the filler aspect, but with what is used as fillers. I kid you not, almost every chest I opened in the current event ended up producing a coin or supply instant. Even the 18 coral chest which in past events was always good for some 2 hour time instants almost always gave me a supply instant this time. Although it might seem that there is a good spread of fillers in the chests, it is no good if players keep getting the same type in each chest they open.
Time boosts are golden :) I really like the 2 hour ones. With the 18 chest, while I don't 'like' the coin rain and supply windfall I don't mind them in that chest... but I love the time boosts.

@Marindor - I need more dragons... or maybe pegasi

iDavis

Supply instant from 18 chest is a good reward. It's always better to get such a prize from something cheap, than from costly encounter in spire ^^. Anyway I don't argue with how amazing 2 hour instants are, it's simply a pleasure they put them into the best chest for main prizes..

Deleted User - 56274

Supply instant from 18 chest is a good reward. It's always better to get such a prize from something cheap, than from costly encounter in spire ^^. Anyway I don't argue with how amazing 2 hour instants are, it's simply a pleasure they put them into the best chest for main prizes..
The 18 chest I have no issues with.... the 142 chest, for me 20 KP and even the 30 AW KP always give a since of disappointment :) I have been told some people like them, but I can wait a day and gain 20 KP!

I would like to see a bit more variation in grand prizes.

maxiqbert

hard to tell what's good and what's not, since we don't know what comes next and when
will we need portal profits? will we need loads of seeds or mana? ...
time boosters are always welcome, and I was glad that there were 2 days with those as daily prizes

Deleted User - 56274

Portal profits are a huge boon chapter 6 and above. I use time boosters a lot during events and when I have long upgrades such as MH.