• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Event Log needs improvment

DeletedUser

Hi all,

The event log is short in page and it is difficult to follow the events.

As a FoE player I felt the need to point out some similarities and differences.

* FoE event log and Elvenar event log seem to follow the same logic: Player visits and tradings are listed on the log.
* FoE event log has 10 lines on one page while Elvenar event log has only 5
* FoE event log keeps events of the last 5 days while Elvenar event log keeps only the latest 50 events (10 pages x 5 lines)
* (Due to different trading rules and the need for goods) The trading in FoE usually takes little space in the event log but trading in Elvenar is a major activity therefore it usually swamps the event log which results in our failing to notice and return some visits (even if it had happened several hours ago) because the line has been "kicked out"of the log!

The event log could be improved by adding tabs to it. Trading tabs, visits tab and more for coming features.

Also when returning from a "returned visit", which we perform by clicking on the player's name on the event log, we need to repeat every step from the beginning (open the event log, find the last page you visited, try to remember the last player you visited and move on to the next player) and I find this profoundly annoying!

When returning from the visits on the event log, we should find ourselves back on the last page we left. Or there could be a sort of "Return the favor" button which could turn inactive once we have visited and performed the motivation/polishing activity.

---------------

Just noticed that I picked the wrong prefix. Should be "User Interface". I might be repeating an already suggested idea so if that is the case, sorry for the inconvenience :)

Edit by Lauwi: Merged posts. Please use the "Edit" button when you'd like to post twice in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

No problem, I'll change the prefix to "User Interface"! :)

If I understand you correctly, you would like to see the following improvements to the Notifications window:
  1. Instead of events dropping off the list when there have been 50 events, events should stay displayed for a certain time period. (How many hours/days?)
  2. To keep the Notifications window clear with the large amount of events, the window should get tabs for e.g. trading and neighbourly help.
  3. When visiting a neighbour via the Notifications window and returning to your own city, you should get back to the opened Notifications window on the page you left.
As far as I can see, these ideas haven't been suggested yet, so we can leave this thread open for discussion. I will give you some links to relevant threads:
Relevant for idea #2 is the thread about a new notification feature, namely a notification of a finished building (click). There are also a few scattered posts about a notification of another player that has discovered you (click) and about a notification of random events (that haven't been implemented yet) (click). Maybe the thread and posts could be an inspiration for brainstorming which events the Notifications window should display.
As you've already mentioned, relevant for idea #3 is the idea of having a "Return the favour" button. This idea is mostly discussed as a button on the World Map (click). In a few scattered posts in other threads, it is suggested to have such a button in the Notifications window.

DeletedUser283

this a good idea, and the comparison with FoE log really fits;
point 1 : 3 days could be nice, even 1.5 day, considering that we only get the supplies as a reward if we return the favor within the next 24 hours :)
point 2 : tabs could really help as trade notices may indeed complicate the task when searching for given help;
point 3 : agree

DeletedUser

No problem, I'll change the prefix to "User Interface"!
Thanks Lauwi :)
  1. Instead of events dropping off the list when there have been 50 events, events should stay displayed for a certain time period. (How many hours/days?)
  • Definitely at least 24 hours because as Philplessis also mentioned to see the visitor and to be able to return the favor within 24 hours.
  1. To keep the Notifications window clear with the large amount of events, the window should get tabs for e.g. trading and neighbourly help.
  • Yes. But the huge number of trading events still bothers me. If we seperate the event log with tabs and maximize the duration to at least 24 hrs, the trading notifications could get as massive as 100-200 pages. I'm afraid I have no useful suggestion for that at the moment!
  1. When visiting a neighbour via the Notifications window and returning to your own city, you should get back to the opened Notifications window on the page you left.
  • Yes.