• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Event building rebalancing

DeletedUser2411

The recent rebalancing is causing a lot of complaining, I'm new to elvenar and so I am not affected but I do have an idea that might help mitigate the complaints I thought I would share.

Instead of keeping building that have reduced their stats at the current level you could change their level to the one that is closest to the previous stats it had.

There would still be differences in values since there presumably isn't a level with the same stats as previous ones but the change should be less pronounced.

This would help reduce the number of complaints about the change whilst still leaving room for the buildings to be upgraded when the feature is available since they would presumably only be one or two levels higher than when they originally got them.

Presumably the buildings that are already at the highest level can't go higher to adapt although I guess they could be given an extra level and upgrade people to that, it shouldn't be a big deal if a few people have a special building that is higher than there current level since the only reason they have it is to mitigate the effect of the recent update.

If implemented people won't have as many upgrades available has they would have if they remain at their current level but they had no upgrade options at all anyway before and I would expect most people would rather have a slightly higher level building that is closer to what they originally had than the original level with lower stats just so they can do the same number of upgrades as they could have done if the level remained the same when the ability to do so comes.

Edit: It might be easier to total up the net pop and culture loss for the city and only upgrade some of the building levels in order to get the city back approximately to where it was.

It might also be a possibility for the developers to add a mitigation pop/culture field to placed buildings in the game (stored in the same place as the position value for example) so when changes like this happen they can update those field values to make sure the amounts in existing placed buildings don't change, upgrading would zero those mitigation fields. I was going to suggest mitigation fields on just the city which would probably be easier to implement but you don't want people having the benefit of mitigation if they later delete the buildings it was for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

I don't envy them the task of figuring out who deserves what in terms of trying to counter what's being taken away, but I feel like what they've got now is substandard for the customers and they need to make some kind of effort to improve on it.

edeba

I so clearly remember when the glossy gardens were in the event and it really seems to me that they slaughters the sales for the snails, and this is really what the rebalancing is all about, so improve the values for the snails, and/or move them down a chapter.