• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Enough is enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhurrin

To all other posters here:

Perhaps we haven't always been in agreement, but generally speaking I found that the players here have been trying to get themselves heard. And I have enjoyed reading the posts of and discussing with many people.
However, player feedback seems to have very close to zero result.

The changes over the las few months have made me consider whether this is still a game I want to play. I find myself spending less and less time on the game itself and more and more on the forum, because the game is taking a direction that is less and less appealing to me.
Though the game is advertised as a citybuilder, it is being transformed into just another fighting game with some nice graphics.

The change to the rip-off saler was already more or less the last straw for me, but I had hoped that the outrage on both forums would at least get the devs to listen and acknowledge the change was having a mostly negative effect. I didn't expect them to change it back at once, but at least an acknowledgement was the least I expected,
Obviously, on this as well, playerfeedback just has zero result, as with many other things.

This latest update has again NOT A SINGLE player-suggested improvement that has been on the 'forwarded-to-the-devteam' pile, where some have been waiting well over half a year now, including several that wouldn't even take half a day of programming.
What it is doing is pushing players to fight even more, with the catering costs increasing about 10x.

So while I enjoyed discussing things here, I feel that this is the present situation:
-Spending money on this game is a waste, as it no longer provides fun, just frustration
-Spending time playing this game is providing less and less fun, and so a waste of time compared to other games
-Spending time on the general US forum is not much use, since the ideas that are forwarded aren't getting anywhere.
-Spending time on the beta-forum is not much use, since player feedback is for over 90% being ignored.

So I have decided to cut my losses and start looking for another game to play. And more importantly, to enjoy. And I have no objection to spending money on such a game.

As for now, I'm terminating all my low-chapter cities I used to experiment with.
For the next few months I'll run my 2 last main cities + my beta city by looking in a few times a week to keep them active, but I'm no longer going to actively play.
For the next few months I'll be looking in on the forum only a few times a week as well, in the hope something changes into a more agreeable direction, to determine whether playing again might be interesting.

The game was fun while it lasted, the graphics are excellent, but the changes have convinced me this game is no longer going to provide me with what I'm looking for.

So be well all

Last edited:

Marindor

Sorry to hear you feel that way Dhurrin. However, we're not going to start goodbye-threads each time someone is leaving the game, so we'll close this one now. Wish you all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.