• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [11796] Enemy Squad Size bugged

• Thread starter Deleted User - 60107
  • Start date

Deleted User - 60107

SquadSize1.png
As you can see Enemy Squad Size is supposed to be 9 (NINE)! 37 enemy units is a lot more than 9. At the same time I have a squad size of 15. After researching Squad Size upgrade 3 I will have a Squad Size of 24. I'm facing enemy squads that are much bigger than mine, and this is just province #7:
World2.png

One of the other enemy groups in that province is 6 Cannoneers. They have a size of 6, so 6*6=36 size used.

This has been an issue from the very first province. Maybe that is why people have so much trouble fighting - because enemy squads are much bigger than they are supposed to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
thats actually intended and not a bug i guess
enemy squad size 9 is per 1 slot, if enemy has only 1 slot then its 5x that amount, it should be 45
if they have 2 slots then its values of this 2 slot divided by 5 to see that enemy squad size number on that pre-battle screen
if they have 5 slots filled then every enemy slot will have value of 9
if they have 8 slots filled then all theirs values together / 5 to see enemy squad size

regardless of that there should be either 7 enemy squad or 45 archers, but i guess some roundings like usually

Deleted User - 60107

That's not how it works in the old fighting system:
- enemy squad size is 1474 and the enemy has two groups: 1474 thief and 1474 Archer
- enemy squad size is 535 and enemy has 7 squads: 535 Thief, 89 Swamp Monster, 89 Swamp Monster, 535 Thief, 89 Swamp Monster, 89 Swamp Monster, 535 Thief
- enemy squad size is 1035 and enemy has 3 froups: 1035 Archer, 1035 Thief and 173 Swamp Monster

The above are actual numbers from a Ring 13 Planks Province on the International Server. I have seen nothing to suggest that this has changed in the new battle system.

DeletedUser

enemy squad size 9 is per 1 slot, if enemy has only 1 slot then its 5x that amount, it should be 45
if they have 2 slots then its values of this 2 slot divided by 5 to see that enemy squad size number on that pre-battle screen
if they have 8 slots filled then all theirs values together / 5 to see enemy squad size

regardless of that there should be either 7 enemy squad or 45 archers, but i guess some roundings like usually

INNO can do everything to "round up" in their favour. Cleary they don't have enough. :)

What is shown on the initial screenshot is clearly wrong: the squad size is always per squad, just like it is for your own units. That said, we have not been able to reproduce this ourselves just yet, unfortunately, but we'll need to do some further testing so we'll leave the report open for now.

Deleted User - 60107

Seriously? "not been able to reproduce this"? I've seen this bug in EVERY SINGLE PROVINCE I have scouted so far! I have completed 6 provinces and have 5 more scouted but incomplete. Here are screenshots from each of them:
Province1.png
Province2.png
Province3.png (Reminder: each Swamp Mosnter has size 6)
Province4.png
Province5.png

Maybe this issue is no longer present later in the game, after completing a certain number of provinces, but at the begining of the game it's definitely there.

Dony

King of Bugs
wait what?
so this is also buged? since its more units per squad then enemy squad size

Attachments

• 25. 9. 2016 21_32_28.png
    25. 9. 2016 21_32_28.png
    170.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 25. 9. 2016 21_32_38.png
    25. 9. 2016 21_32_38.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 25. 9. 2016 21_31_49.png
    25. 9. 2016 21_31_49.png
    207.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 25. 9. 2016 21_33_03.png
    25. 9. 2016 21_33_03.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 25. 9. 2016 21_34_05.png
    25. 9. 2016 21_34_05.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 25. 9. 2016 21_34_37.png
    25. 9. 2016 21_34_37.png
    189 KB · Views: 226

DeletedUser

wait what?
so this is also buged? since its more units per squad then enemy squad size
Nah this is usual INNO units. Gods can have more units then actually listed
...yet.

;)

The report is still open for a reason. And judging from your screenshots it won't take long to confirm it when we do some further tests with a new account (so far only tried an existing account).
Good to know you still think is not a bug...

DeletedUser

That said, we have not been able to reproduce this ourselves just yet, unfortunately, but we'll need to do some further testing so we'll leave the report open for now.
I'm really surprise you can't reproduced this !? This is such a simple thing to reproduce. :confused: In every province I have visited the enemies squad size is bigger than stated. :( It makes me wonder what kind of accounts you use to do bug testing. No wonder you failed to find all the bug if you are using special accounts. :mad:

I've checked this with our gamedesigners and it turns out I was wrong, I apologize for the confusion I caused. Nothing has changed here, and it has been like this since the start of Elvenar.

This is correct:

Deleted User - 60107

I've checked this with our gamedesigners and it turns out I was wrong, I apologize for the confusion I caused. Nothing has changed here, and it has been like this since the start of Elvenar.
"Nothing has changed here, and it has been like this since the start of Elvenar." is simply NOT TRUE. Here are some screenshots from the International server:
Province6.png
Province7.png
Province8.png
Notice how, no matter how many enemy squads there are, the enemy squad size matches the number of units in each squad (population-wize)? THIS is how it has been ever since I started playing (about a year ago). Now compare that to how things are here on Beta (I already provided screenshots). So something has definitely changed.

Or are you implying that what we're seeing on the Internaltional server is a bug that has remained unfixed for over a whole YEAR? A bug that the developers somehow never noticed until now (players couldn't have noticed it because there is nothing to suggest it is a bug)?

Could we get an official explanation (i.e. an explanation by a developer or some other team member) how enemy squad size is calculated? Because the way it is currently makes no sense. Enemy squad size is supposed to be 11, yet I am facing 2 groups of 24 units each, because... some reason only devs know.

Alright, I went back over this together with our gamedesigner, and we found the cause of the confusion here. Let me explain:
  • Every enemy squad has a base for its size
  • If an enemy does not have exactly 5 squads, this base gets adjusted to balance for the increased/decreased number of squads
This behaviour has always been like that, and is still like that in the new system.

BUT, and this is where there was a bit of a miscommunication:
  • In version 1.14 and before, the enemy squad size number is the adjusted number
  • In version 1.15, it shows the base number
This was not a change that we intended to make, so we can confirm that there is indeed a bug here. Once again sorry for the confusion, but I'm very happy that you guys took the time to show the difference between 1.14 and 1.15 here - that helped a lot.

We do see that having the base number makes it a lot easier to compare the strengths of your own troops and the enemy's. We will are considering ways to make this kind of information available to you in some way, but the way it's currently in is not clear and looks very weird, so we will fix that first. Further improvements can always be made later. :)

DeletedUser1750

Based on the calculations that inno seems to be using now (it is not this way on the US server) my 2 squads should represent 35.
5rOkscm.png

Marindor

It seems to be, we have not been able to reproduce this anymore and have had no new complaints on it so I'll move this thread to "Fixed" now :)

DeletedUser1777

Seems not to be fixed everywhere?
If I have to open a new thread, please tell me :)

upload_2016-10-17_20-21-55.png