• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Enemy in stalemate

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Sometimes, the enemy doesn't move anymore. It always happens to me when he's alone and surrounded by my troops. If he moves forward he will be hit by all my squads, and probably dies, so he chooses not to move at all. If I don't move too, we stay like this. He isn't blocked by the rock. If I move and in the next round he can hit me, he will do it.

ia_pat.png

DeletedUser18

Have you been able to reproduce this with any consistency? Does it seem to happen with specific units? Any information you may have noticed could be helpful.
If anyone else can confirm this happening please post in this thread. I am setting this to investigating while we gather more information.
Thank you for the feedback.

DeletedUser

I always have three crossbowmen and two axe barbarian, in this precise configuration. The enemy squad is always in the middle. It's work against melee units only or short ranged (knight, thief...), and if they're alone.

DeletedUser

I've noticed that the AI likes to try to stay one out of movement range of your melee units, so that when you move in range it can move to attack. If they're defending, they can, since the requirement to press the fighting rests with the attacker.

DeletedUser

Situation described in this thread happend to me twice but I don't remember details.

DeletedUser95

happen to me too
I attack province where defenders were only units of bandits, they stop moving and they stay out of range of my army,
there was room for them to move nothing was blocking them.
eventually they move ( I skip 8 rounds ) and then when I move closer and was in theirs range they make move too.

DeletedUser95

don't want to repeat myself but happen again , I attack province that had 17 swamp monster and they did not move at all,
this time it was a rock right in front it, but room for movement on the sides. I did stay out of range and pick them out with my rangers,

Status
Not open for further replies.