• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Encounters Guide

Preator

If the enemy consists of only steinlings and golems, no need for sword acrobats or anything else but sorceresses. They cannot hit in the first round no matter of what kind of terrain we have, since their range is 3+3=6 hexes. And after we have our turn, our units will be completely immune to enemy attacks, providing that the enemy doesn't have more than 5 squads. Just make sure to hit each enemy stack at least once per round. The fight might be a little bit long because sorceresses don't hit very hard. But eventually, you win with zero loss.

DeletedUser867

Having ONE Light Melee unit, that you HOLD BACK, works quite well. The Steinlings (or Cannoneers) will focus on the Light Melee unit, which can soak up more damage, and that leaves your ranged units damage free, which allows them to hit harder.

DeletedUser

@Katwijk But without Sorceress you still have to look out. I noticed, that even if ranged enemy unit is having our light melee unit in range, but were hit by our ranged unit, it may change aggro at unit who is shooting to them. It happens to me few times.

DeletedUser867

The AI is predictable that way:
  • Look at the Initiative bar, and select the LEFTMOST enemy unit,
    which will typically be a unit with high initiative (light melee) unless they just died.
  • If you can attack that unit, then do so
  • If you're blocked by obstacles, or by your own forces, then look at the Next unit in the initiative bar
  • If you can't reach an enemy unit, then move closer
  • Rinse and repeat
Once a unit has selected a target, then melee units will close and ranged units will back off to maximum range.

So the variability only occurs when paths are blocked, and once you're aware of that feature, you can position your forces accordingly.

If you're mostly using Auto-Fight, then you'll only want one Priest/Sorceress most of the time, because your ranged units will all attack the same unit, because they can ignore pathing for the most part, and they'll thereby waste all but the first of the debuffs.

DeletedUser283

Marble provinces, elves, ring 11, squad size at end of fairies level
most encounters include a mix of orcs, steinlings and golems
sorceresses are required, but treants may help in, 1 to 3 squads to take the orcs down;
unfortunately, steinlings and golems will take them down quickly, so make sure that orcs are taken down as soon as possible so that your sorcs can take care of ranged units;
there will be losses, but it remains feasible.

Dony

King of Bugs
Some things need an update indeed, like the damage calculation.

Can we have that calculation revealed? There is no information on the wiki how it works or if there is some kind of hidden enrage buff on enemy unit and i consider that calculation as gamebreaking bug. Its not normal that 1 unit doing 20x more damage then it normaly should (at least i never saw this stupid calculation in my 30 years of gaming history). If nothing this shouldnt exist in this game mainly because there is so many bugs in battle system that only complete overhaul can fix this and i hope that with introducing new units you will do so. Removing this "bug" could at least compesate loses due bugs which are enormous due and only bugs .

Just 1 example you offering units for 80 bucks which can be killed with this bugs within 1 hour and thats wasted money in my opinion.

DeletedUser1163

Thank you ThePhantom for your Encounters Guide. This guide will be very helpful for elves and humans trying to learn the new Battle System. I have created Battle Strategies and a Guide for my fellowship teaching them the Best Elven/Human Units to use vs Province Units. Your guide is a welcome addition to my lessons, which every month I have to copy and paste back when Inno clears the message boards. Keep up the great work!

DeletedUser1163

If the enemy consists of only steinlings and golems, no need for sword acrobats or anything else but sorceresses. They cannot hit in the first round no matter of what kind of terrain we have, since their range is 3+3=6 hexes. And after we have our turn, our units will be completely immune to enemy attacks, providing that the enemy doesn't have more than 5 squads. Just make sure to hit each enemy stack at least once per round. The fight might be a little bit long because sorceresses don't hit very hard. But eventually, you win with zero loss.

Thank you Preator for your advice. I think the dangerous creatures in Elvenar are getting smarter because whenever I see Steinlings, they are always accompanied by Enchantresses. Here's a battle strategy I have found to be successful in the Gems Province.

Archer, Sorceress & Treant vs Cannoneer, Knight, Steinling & Wild Archer (Gems Province)
Archers should target those Knights. A Sorceress is feared by Cannoneers, Knights and Steinlings. Cast her Broken Valor spell to decrease their strength for 2 rounds. Keep weakening them until the Treants arrive.

This is for my fellow elves and those who enjoy a wee bit of elven poetry.
To defeat Cannoneers, take along Treants and Sorceresses.
A Sorceress can cast a spell decreasing their strength for two rounds.
Keep ‘em weak so your Treants can silence the cannon sounds.