• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Enabling/disabling certain neighb. help options

DeletedUser

If i can not donate to the town hall i would simply ignore that player and visit others. I don't have the time to hang around looking for culture buildings but sure go for it if you want less players to visit you. A bad visit is better than no visit.

I don't like this playing style (that doesn't understand the importance of good neighborly cooperation in my opinion)

DeletedUser236

I personally don't like this idea. If i can not donate to the town hall i would simply ignore that player and visit others. I don't have the time to hang around looking for culture buildings but sure go for it if you want less players to visit you. A bad visit is better than no visit.

Glad you call it a "bad visit" yourself..

The game is kinda based on neighborly help (thats atleast what I understand from the change in culture percentages), so being able to choose the help you need will improve the helping aspect in the game i think. :)

DeletedUser894

If i can not donate to the town hall i would simply ignore that player and visit others. I don't have the time to hang around looking for culture buildings but sure go for it if you want less players to visit you. A bad visit is better than no visit.

Look at it this way. If you are not willing to help out where I NEED your help why bother coming to my city. With that type of attitude I don't NEED your help anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser157

I don't like this playing style (that doesn't understand the importance of good neighborly cooperation in my opinion)

I understand it just fine but like i said i don't have the time to look around for stuff when the town hall is the first thing i see.

The game is kinda based on neighborly help (thats atleast what I understand from the change in culture percentages), so being able to choose the help you need will improve the helping aspect in the game i think. :)

And i agree however it will mean less players will visit because there is a lot of players that also don't have the time to look around so will just donate coins to the town hall since it centers you there anyway.

Look at it this way. If you are not willing to help out where I NEED your help why bother coming to my city. With that type of attitude I don't NEED your help anyway.

Not sure why you have so much hate however lets put one thing straight. "Most players" visit for the coin bonus and trust me they don't care in the slightest what "you" need also you say my type of attitude did you even read my post fully? I said because i don't have the time to look around. Some people can not sit on a game all day and visit 60+ players daily while looking around there towns to find the stuff. The town hall is simple and fast since you always get centered there. IF you have managed to find the time for that stuff then good for you but not all can..

DeletedUser894

I personally don't like this idea. If i can not donate to the town hall i would simply ignore that player and visit others. I don't have the time to hang around looking for culture buildings but sure go for it if you want less players to visit you. A bad visit is better than no visit.

Can we back up a bit here and look at what happens when you visit another player? When visiting another player, in the upper left hand corner of the screen, you see their avatar and under it a set of helping hands. You must click on the hands to provide help to that player. What happens then? A set of helping hands appears over ALL items on the screen that you can provide help to. You get the same bonus regardless to what you pick, the main hall or cultural items. You don't need to look around for anything it is right there with a set of helping hands.

DeletedUser43

It looks like the discussion has gone wildly off-topic. Every player is entitled to have his own playing style and his own opinions about giving neighbourly help. We have to respect each other's choices, even if we don't agree with them. Let's keep this thread on-topic about the idea of enabling and disabling neighbourly help options, so your neighbours can only aid buildings for which you have enabled the neighbourly help functionality. :)

DeletedUser395

+1

I would like to be able to make some of my buildings unclickable, too. Because I have three that give 1200 culture, but people still click the builder :(, the main hall or culture buildings that give only 400 culture. So if I could lock the builder, the mainhall and the low-culture-buildings, people would polish my high-culture-buildings.