• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Elvengems doesn't work

Bor de Wolf 1965

Hello all,

It seems the website Elvengems doesn't work any more.
Does someone know if this is a permanent state or are they just down for a big overhaul?

salandrine

I really dont know. elvengems is not updated for some month now. But I still loved it for all tips and older stuff.

Bor de Wolf 1965

It seems to be fixed.
And yes I love the site as well for all the information on it.
I normaly refere beginners to that site so they can read a lot for them selfs and get some good idea of the game and know what to expect.

Laurelin-Beta

@Bor de Wolf 1965 @Skillpowers : The best person to ask about ElvenGems is @Lelanya, who is one of the Site's administrators/staff members and who is, as far as I know, currently working on overhauling the entire site. It is a very complex site which was formerly operated and updated by several people, some of whom are no longer working on it any more, which means that those who continue to work on ElvenGems - on a voluntary basis, in their spare time - have a LOT of work to do, whether now or at any time.

But as I say, and rather than guessing what is happening re ElvenGems, I would advise you to send a Forum message directly to @Lelanya - or at least to use her name as a tag in your open Forum posts, if you'd like to get an accurate answer from one of the only people who will be able to tell you for sure what it happening with respect to the site (although I'm not an ElvenGems staff member either, so I can't guarantee that you will receive any answer at all).

Bor de Wolf 1965

Thanks for the information but at that time I could not see who was a staff member of that site.
And update or not, the information on that site is for chapter 6 and up most of the time better as what is written on the wiki.
Like basic information about how many weeping willows you minimal need in the woodelven chapter, or a good placement of the factories in the constructs chapter.

And for @Lelanya and the other staff members from elvengems, thanks for keeping that site in the air and what ever update you put in an any new chapter above the Elvenar

Bor de Wolf 1965

I use them all but I would say elvenstats + elvenarchitect go hand in hand for stats links you direct to architect with your own town info loaded.
But the information on chapters from actual players in gems is just 10% or more better compared to the wiki.
But that is my humble opinion.

Laurelin-Beta

Thanks for the information but at that time I could not see who was a staff member of that site.
@Bor de Wolf 1965 : No criticism or offence intended, and I'm sorry if my post came across in that way. I was only trying to help, since I know that many of those who post here, and indeed almost all of those who use ElvenGems, aren't even aware that @Lelanya is [one of?] the Site's Admins, so I very often see players speculating between themselves as to what is happening on ElvenGems at any given moment - when readers of this Forum are fortunate enough to be able to ask the lady herself - whether or not she finds time to reply, in amongst also playing the game!

And I agree, it's a marvellous resource site, particularly for Guest Race info, as are the other excellent third-party sites mentioned above by others, too. Many thanks indeed to the very dedicated and talented Elvenar players who put in so much work operating these free-to-use websites! :)

Valtitude

Hello all,

It seems the website Elvengems doesn't work any more.
Does someone know if this is a permanent state or are they just down for a big overhaul?
Evidently, the person who did most of the work on ElvenGems site, stopped altogether. There are players on US forum, seeking persons to reboot the site. They need experienced website builder(s) etc. All volunteer work. @Lelanya Tip of the hat to you and everyone working the site.