• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Elvenar Positions

DeletedUser278

When an announcement is made that they are looking for mods, a lot of people apply. The best one gets picked, so yes, it can happen that you might be qualified, but still don't get chosen, because there just happens to be someone who seemed slightly better. I can't of course speak for all versions of all games, but I do know that in the team I work in, if we are recruiting, everyone who applied gets an answer.

DeletedUser336

With the number of people who apply it may not be feasible to respond to all. As millions of people play these games and if 10 percent applied they would have to hire a team just to respond to every one who sent in a application. Patience is needed just like in the game itself. Enjoy the game and help as much as you can on that level. Being part of the team does not always mean to have behind the screen access. Keep looking for bugs and posting your concerns here is a very big part of being a member of this team. Without the players there is no game. We are a very major part of this game already.

DeletedUser231

I just find everything about the process very weird. Expecting people to work for free for a profit based company. I do not know of too many firms that do that.

Looks at the greeter stand in the lobby of the nearest WALMART....asks him/her a question...

Would you enjoy doing this job for free knowing your helping so many people?...:p

DeletedUser58

It's an online community so it's far convenient to do any work there than at a walmart or other places. Plus, you're not working on the game, you're simply helping the community whether by answering questions, handling violations and similar to keep the place enjoyable for everyone, creating guides to help players, running contests to increase the general activity, or testing for issues to ensure a smooth gameplay for everyone. This includes yourself as well.

Dunno, I've spent the last 9 years (almost half my own years :D) involved in online communities and I feel it has helped me greatly --- you learn the language better (english is my second language) because of the communication, you're involved with a game/website you enjoy in the first place, and you're helping out a community to grow. It's a good experience, and even though the job is thankless for the most part, those few 'thank you' notes of appreciation warm your heart. Positions of that type aren't for everyone, including those with too much free time on their hands, it's not healthy to get too involved (not because it's not a paid position, but because you shouldn't make a job out of it, you're still just helping out and not running the place, when it stops being enjoyable and it turns into a chore or a serious obligation then it may be best to take a step back).

DeletedUser231

First of all, this forum is part of a GAME own by INNOGAMES. If this forum had no affiliation to INNOGAMES and the staff of innogames took no part then I MIGHT agree with your post. As an example if you were to create your own online forum and players visited your forum Then INNOGAMES has no fininacial interest in it.

But this forum was started by INNOGAMES and as such is owned by a very large corporation. And as such they ask for FREE based labor. Just because someone has alot of time does not mean they should just give it away for free.

All the previous statements TRYING to justify working for free just do not cut it. MY OPINION only..of course...:p

I worked as a MOD on a few games, online in game chats, and at a large newspaper....The later being a paid position.

No matter what there is no justification for a large MULTI-NATIONAL for profit company asking people to go out of their way to work for free.

DeletedUser336

I get a free game, I get the knowledge of my peers who are playing with me, I get the pleasure of talking to others who have the same interest as me, (others who enjoy this game), I get the pleasure of talking to people all over the world. I get a full team of developers who make this a better game as it goes along....I get a multi national Company standing behind this game....It all adds up - I am the winner and all for free ( unless I want to buy diamonds of course)

DeletedUser231

absolutely GOLDEN....I also enjoy playing for free. But remember innogames needs to make money so you can play for free and it takes diamond customers to allow this....

Free to play does not happen without
Premium players.

DeletedUser

Generally it is not a problem for innogames to pay for the moderating job. Have a look to the official financial statement. But why paying if you have enought people who works for "nothing"? In the same situation I would do the same and buy a new ferrari or porsche with the saved money :).

But I think the moderation job is responsible for the game. As moderator you sold your soul to the company and must do what they want. As example you must censor the gamers opinion to cultivate the forum. But every time you snip off something, this creates a negativ thing that hang around. So if you cultivate the forum to much, you destroy it at the same time. This is a very strong long time effect. It is a very difficult thing to find the right balancement. And if you fail, you cannot repair the forum, it is destroyed for a long time, or you cut of all the rest members. You as moderator want to have a good forum, but you have created always nagging users, which permanent say negativ things about the game and the forum. The forum is converted in a foolish place with a poisoned atmosphere.

Without paying you don´t get the best trained people for the job. Without a good training is the chance to destroy the forum and a part of the game higher. This is the highest prize that you pay as company with unpaid personal and a calculated risk.

DeletedUser58

Paying might not be hard, but recruiting would be a lot more difficult if the moderator position was a paid one, and then they'd have problems because they can't hire folks for short-term periods. While currently they can just look for enthusiasts from the player base and if those don't work out (sometimes even though one has a stellar application they don't do well in practice) then they can find others fairly quickly.

I disagree that as a moderator you've sold your soul to the company and you must do what they want --- that might be the case for paid positions, but not for a volunteer one. If you don't like a task/part of the position you can stop being a moderator right then and there. You're also still a player and are allowed to voice your opinions on all matters from a player point of view. I think that's the good part of simply being a mod versus a payed person, you're not bound with a written contract so you don't have to do something you don't want to do. :)

But I agree that it's hard finding the right balance for improving a forum and a community. Hopefully the managers, who are paid, are there to observe and provide advice where possible.

DeletedUser

I disagree that as a moderator you've sold your soul to the company and you must do what they want --- that might be the case for paid positions,

This is in Germany valid vor all positions with a contract, because the law say this. This term is always valid withou any mention. If you underwrite a working contract, so this is so. Do you underwrite nothing, you are quite free in your opinion. In this case must underwrite something, see the conditions. I am agree that you not loose your opinion in the same as a normal contract. But you must work FOR the company and this implements that you don`t do things again the company in words or action. You can say what you want, but nothing against the employer. So as mod you are not any longer a normal player, because I can say what I want and a mod must censoring what innogames want.

I personally don´t think that innogames is so hard and sue a free employee. The most people like to work for innogames very well. In the past I had something to do with employees of innogames and they are very nice. In my opinion it is a very good company. So I wish Innogame a lot of good luck to select the right person for every job. But I think, a applicant must know the price.