• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Elvenar, now what?

Dhurrin

This thread, and probably some more yet to come are more or less my last ditch stand.
I joined this game because it was said to be a citybuilder. I already play battlegames somewhere else. I didnt mind a bit of battling here, though it certainly was not my main thing to join this game. I was really not amused by the changes there, making battles impossible from one day to the next.

And yet I still enjoyed the game mostly.

Then for months on end, every two weeks we got updates that were almost exclusively battlerelated, with a lot of new units. However, none of those were usable for me in a way that the original units were not, so no gain at all. Fighting remained impossible.

Meanwhile they raised the prices of paid expansions to astronomical heights, and yet made it almost impossible to get new ones through play for people who were deemed to be too far out, severely limiting expanding and thus a second part of the game. This I could cope with by selling off many military buildings since they had gotten pretty much useless.

Next came the fellowshipbased tournaments, with a grand prize thats for all practical purposes unreachable, with rewards at the reachable checkpoints that are not even worth the name. Lots of players were enthousiastic and were very quickly becoming very disappointed, making for less play instead of more, taking some of the enthousiasm and turning it around in such away people were leaving.

The last updates have been really crappy. Bugridden, many gamefreezes and more. Apparently they feel obliged to update every 2 weeks, no matter what, even though one working update every 4 weeks is much preferable to 2 crappy ones.

Now they pretty much killed the trader. For me, this is the last straw because the fun has been leaking out of the game faster and faster. I still hope they come to their senses, but have set a deadline for myself, that if this is not undone by the end of the month Im going to take my money elsewhere. Im pretty patient, but even I have my limits.

And even this MIGHT be bearable, if there was some kind of obvious goal the devs have in mind that was communicated. Meaning more info and details and less shouting 'balance' as a magic word.

But with every update, it looks more and more as if Im forced into a straightjacket, with only one 'right' way to play and hardly any choices left. Each of the changes has managed to chase more players away and Im seeing many friends leave the game over them. So the game becomes even less fun because of that.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1899

This is not a fantasy city builder game anymore, and when it was, it was limited in the city building aspects... It has become a fantasy city manager with combat attached.. You follow a course laid out for you with no deviation allowed... You only ever had a few choices you had to make in the game and they are slowly taking them all away.. 2 of the ones that really bother me are:
1) human or elven ---- why does it really matter what you pick, as soon as you reach the dwarf chapter everybody is the same.
2) to join a fellowship or play solo --- with all the recent changes, you are almost forced to have to play within a fellowship.

If this is supposed to be a Fantasy city builder game, then give us more control over building a city, and add things to more customize a players city. Would love to see an update for the city build aspect, haven't had one in awhile...
Things like:
1) more playable races that do not turn into something else later in the game
2) multiple backgrounds you can choose from at the start with each background providing a small benefit to the city
3) a building rotate button
4) more ways to personalize a city to make it unique for that player -- examples: water tiles, bridges, more statues and fauna
5) customizable buildings to chose from instead of only 1 version of that building

These are just a few examples

I know a few of them have been suggested before and shot down, but it would still be nice to have them

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhurrin

@gath of baal
I agree with this. And yes several ideas have already been mentioned and turned down, but that doesnt mean the idea isnt good.

The guestraces were a good idea, but why would their influence be so huge? At the very least human buildings that are influenced by fairies should look different from elven ones.
More playable races would be fun, but extremely hard to implement now. However, it would be an idea to keep in mind for a newer version of elvenar.
Different backgrounds could be made to reflect that cities boosted goods if nothing else, though adding an additional bonus that gives an additional benefit (perhaps balanced by a drawback) would make for an excellent idea.
And definitely, some more ways to personalise a city would be good.

Like I said, its feeling less and less a game and more and more a story thats being read to me, without a lot of influence.

DeletedUser1596

1) human or elven ---- why does it really matter what you pick, as soon as you reach the dwarf chapter everybody is the same.
2) to join a fellowship or play solo --- with all the recent changes, you are almost forced to have to play within a fellowship.

If this is supposed to be a Fantasy city builder game, then give us more control over building a city, and add things to more customize a players city. Would love to see an update for the city build aspect, haven't had one in awhile...
Things like:
1) more playable races that do not turn into something else later in the game
2) multiple backgrounds you can choose from at the start with each background providing a small benefit to the city
3) a building rotate button
4) more ways to personalize a city to make it unique for that player -- examples: water tiles, bridges, more statues and fauna
5) customizable buildings to chose from instead of only 1 version of that building

Mr gath of baal, you are so very right. Those things are exactly what I would expect from this type of game. And it was exactly what I was looking for when I joined Elvenar.

The game is about building and fighting, all right, but it's completely out of ballance. The building part is static, same for everyone and it's so simple, that even my dog could build a city here.. and I don't have a dog. On the other hand, the fighting part requires so much time and energy..

I can't say the game is bad. I wouldn't be here if it was. But I would enjoy "your" Elvenar about 3.6x more.

DeletedUser1721

Speaking as a programmer, more races would be painful for the developers to make. You'd have to create all new graphics for every single building for each new race, and since the buildings are animated, you would need to animate each building. This may also be why Inno is unwilling to release a building rotate option... they claim it's for the challenge of fitting buildings into space, but in much more sensible terms, if you rotate the building tiles, the light sources will be pointed different ways and look weird. This is also why customizable buildings are also not an option, though a modified "choose one appearance of all teh appearances for this configuration of <building type> to be in your city" option wouldn't involve creating all new graphics.

Dhurrin

(sorry, this was at first written as a reply somewhere else, but I got kinda off-track, then decided it would fit better here since its a bit of a personal rant)

Im having a look at the recent changes. Im sure the game team is devoted to the game. However, I strongly feel they have lost touch with their players. The last 6 months or so quite some changes were made and actually, apart from some bugfixes, I havent seen a single one that was received well in any of my fellowships.
The result is that the numbers of advanced players is dropping because they just had enough and quit. Personally, I find the game to have become very hard on new players (my betacity here) and beginning players (my chapter 3 city on feydindral) and getting much, much less fun for advanced players (my city in orcs in elcysandyr and finished with the woodelves on the dutch server), so it pretty much is becoming a problem on all levels, unless one is willing to spend huge amounts of money on diamonds.
I didnt mind doing that at first, but your changes in the battlesystem made me stop buying them. Now, from your comment it is obvious that this change to the wholesaler is not going to be reconsidered.
I think its a shame, because it means that alongside many others I ll be quitting the game too. Too many changes with only negative impact and not a single one with a positive impact for me, and many players like me, and left with not even a glimpse of hope.
I've been playing the game for about 18 months now. Up until the change in the battlesystem, I spent around €800 - 900 on diamonds because I liked the game and played in different countries. Since then, Inno has lost a paying customer, but not the player.
Now that player will be gone too. And what may be worse, its not that Im gone from Elvenar, but it will also mean that its Innogames as a whole that loses out, because my next game is not going to be one of theirs. What is happening here could just as well happen in their other games, so the company has lost my trust.
And trust is like respect; you have to work hard to gain it, work harder to keep it and once lost is almost impossible to regain.
6 months of detrimental changes for me, with not a single one that really worked in my benefit is too much for me.

Im afraid your gameteam is so far ahead of the players, even if only in thoughts and not yet the programming, that they dont know anymore how the playerbase is impacted.
One example of that is the vid of the new chapter to come. Out of nowhere the buidings are placed, in a non-city, consisting of mostly open space, and the total amount of space can reasonably easy be surpassed in chapter 5. So the mechanics are demonstrated, but in such a setting that many players feel its not tested in a real city.
A complete lack of communication and a complete lack of providing even a small light at the end of the tunnel have done it for me

DeletedUser1596

You'd have to create all new graphics for every single building for each new race, and since the buildings are animated, you would need to animate each building.

No doubt about that. But take a look at this: For example Human Marble Manufactory. Level 1, 2, 3 is somewhat temporary and will be skipped as soon as you have resources, which is almost instantly. You get stuck at level 4 until next era. Then level 5, 6, 7 get skipped. Stuck again at level 8. The same goes for levels 9-14 and so on. There are only 5 levels out of total 23, that you can find in our cities. Remaining 18 levels are only temporary and from my experience they are pointless, but the artwork and animations had to be done. Then we have elven Marble Manufactory. Then wood and steel and crystal and so on. This means 324 nicely animated artworks that spend only a few minutes or hours in the game. And these are just manufactories. If those buildings behaved like AWs and kept their skin until next era, there would be 500 animated buildings for other purposes. Moreover there already are plenty of well animated buildings belonging to specific races. So I don't think that this would be a problem. This is what our devs are realy good at :)

Dhurrin

Just a bit of a new rant...
The last week has been pretty hectic, Ive been travelling, so Ive been playing even less regular than lately became the norm.
Anyway, I noticed that in one world our fellowship lost 7 members over the wholesaler change.
To be fair, it probably was not just the wholesaler, but they came up with pretty much the same reasons I have: the last months have seen a lot of changes to the game. Often greatly impacting the way one has to play and always (for those who want to play and not read the betaforum) without any kind of chance to prepare for it.
That in itself would be bad enough. but add to that all the changes have had only negative effects for them and you know why they leave. So no, its not just this, this was just the last straw.

The devs blather on about balance this and balance that, but seem to have forgotten that balancing does not mean targeting a group of longtime, paying, loyal players and saddle them up only with changes that have a negative impact.
Now its coming to a point where many just are walking out.

@innogames thanks for chasing players away. great job. You all really should start working on the manual of how to take a good concept and run it to the ground.

edit: in one of the other worlds we lost 4 players, same thing.

Marindor

@Dhurrin : Please keep your contributions constructive, like you've done before. Feedback is very valuable, also when it's not positive but being sarcastic brings us nowhere, thank you :)

Dhurrin

@Marindor

I've tried keeping things positive.
But there's not much positive stuff I can say about seeing members leave. Especially not if some are longtime friends and even 2 longtime friends I even know RT.
This may be a negative message, but that does not mean it is not true. I have them mailing me, both with ingame messages and private email, telling me why they made this decision.
You, as community messenger, or as part of the company, may not like hearing it, but that does not prevent it from happening.

And yes, I can see that it may seem I'm deliberately being negative, but I'm not. I'm stating things as they are. I DID like this game, I love the graphics, but you, as Innogames, may have a view of where you are going, and that may be a grand goal. However I, as an advanced player at the end of the tree, and many of my friends and FS-members, feel we are not being ignored, but actively harassed, even persecuted, for being active players.
It has nothing to do with being bored at the end of the tree, we can live with that just fine. It has to do with a constant barrage of changes and additions that at best have no positive effect, but often have a negative effect.

So please do not try and shoot the messenger, but look at the message itself: you are chasing players away. You take paying players, then first get them so dissatisfied they stop paying, and now even so much they stop playing. That's some bloody serious issue.
As for my sarcasm, I'm not going to apologize for that. I'm very, very sure it's much more bearable than some other ways I could phrase things, and its only one more sign of sheer endless frustration that Innogames is actively taking my pleasure away. In such a measure that I too am on the brink of just quitting.

Marindor

As said: Feedback is no problem, also when it's not positive but sarcasm brings us nowhere, so please keep that to yourself. Stating negative points is good and can bring up a valuable conversation, please don't kill that by being sarcastic because that doesn't contribute to the conversation at all, it just kills it. As stated in our forum rules: Please be polite and constructive in your posts. Making impolite and inconstructive remarks towards our Game Team members isn't appreciated. I trust this is clear. If not, please send me a private message for further explanation so we can stay on-topic here. Thank you for your cooperation :)

Hugs

I think you have made a very good post Dhurrin, and even if I am a very new player compared to you, I already feel some of the pain and disappointment. Unfortunately.

Innogame has made a very good start, and maybe it's time to look into:
What triggers people to play this game? Why would we want to stay, and not wander off to other games?

We all know that as the months passes by, more and more new exciting games comes to the market, giving us more choices as to where spend out time. - and in the end TIME will be our most valuable asset. Where we want to spend our time, is also where we would most likely be willing to spend our money. Even though this is a free game, I am pretty sure the developers are dependent on a sufficient number of us is spending real money on this game, in order to make it something they can invest their time into. This makes the questions very valuable questions for Innogame as well.

Now, after I joined into playing Elvenar, I have seen that there is a big kind and friendly playerbase here.... at least kind and friendly, maybe not that big.. - and, I believe that we can give feedback to Innogame that will help them. Because if we tell them how WE would like to play the game, what WE enjoy the most and how WE would like to spend our time in the game, because, in the end, that would be a guide for Innogame on how to maintain or even increase their playerbase.

You said something important Dhurrin, it is a lot about trust, and ... it is MUCH harder (read expensive) to get a new active customer (read player) than it is to keep one existing and stop him from leaving.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
So, this is a fantacy city builder, at least that is what it says the game is supposed to be.
I am pretty sure that a lot people like me, really enjoy all the nice graphics, and the main concept is in a way good. We build, we upgrade, we solve provinces, we gain resources and we upgrade more, we build more, we expand and so on. All this can be quite nice to do. And, I guess this is what we would like to continue doing when we play. Other players, feel free to add comments as to what you like to do too when you play the game, were you capable of choosing from upper shelf.

I guess that Innogame is happy with that, but, maybe the players turned out to love the game more than they had foreseen, and thus, the players consumed too fast of the content they had prepared so that they felt that they could not keep up? So, they started putting in constraints... like:
- if you scout too far, it is going to be too expensive for you - so expensive that you hopefully will be deterred from progressing so fast, or so difficult to either negotiate or fight through - or taking too much time... you name it, we feel it.
- if you get too much coins, it's not going to be useful for you to use the wholesaler, even though one of the tips you get when you start up is that the wholesaler is a good thing if you are close to capping on either coins or supplies.
... and making changes to the combat system, so that it will be harder to get through the confrontation by fighting as well...
More seasoned players can probably add a lot to this list, feel free to do so.

But, dear Innogame, why do you destroy the things we would love to spend our time doing? - don't you really want us to play your game?
You have come up with a tournament idea, and while it is a good one, now that it is fellowship oriented, and scaled the way it is, you kind of force us to play at your timing, and your way, and you force us to play together in big fellowships and be active... - but, only active for a fairly short time each 16 hours... - if we don't do so, we will punish our fellowship that you force us to join...

So, let's start with the tournament.
* In order to make the tournament more accessible and interesting to players, the cooldown timer should be greatly reduced so that players may gain more control on when they want to play the game. Forcing people to be deprived of sleep is not a good thing. You don't have to add more rounds availiable even if the players should have time to do even 2 more rounds within the timeframe the tournaments lasts.
* Second, now the total amount of points you get is added to the fellowship total. And it is the fellowship total that determine what prices you get. This is actually quite cruel. It punishes all players that are not in a fellowship with max number of members, and all fellowships that have been willing to include players that ain't in the last chapters of the game. Which almost everywhere will mean, it is a huge detractor for most players. If you rather than taking the whole amount of the score from each player to the fellowship score, would take only 10% of that score to the fellowship, and make the chests personal, you would at least not punish everyone that hard for not being able to help and support those players that invested a lot into doing the tournament.
- I am sure other players can also add more ideas as to what to do with the tournaments in order to make them attractive rather than detractive.
* It should be so that a medium sized fellowship with mediocre players should be capable of getting maybe half of the chests, and if you as a player work really hard in a tournament, there should be a decent hope to actually win the biggest chest. If it is not, you won't find it interesting to work with tournaments in the long run.

The way you, Innogame, seem to have scaled and done the game towards the end, we certainly need more content to enjoy. But, when you prepare a new expansion/chapter, try to look into how you can allow the players to do what they would love to do, while not consuming your content too fast. There must be other ways to make the players spend time in a chapter than just making it difficult for them. I will share some thoughts in my next post, as I see the text in this post is already long enough.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1899

So, this is a fantacy city builder, at least that is what it says the game is supposed to be.
I am pretty sure that a lot people like me, really enjoy all the nice graphics, and the main concept is in a way good. We build, we upgrade, we solve provinces, we gain resources and we upgrade more, we build more, we expand and so on. All this can be quite nice to do. And, I guess this is what we would like to continue doing when we play. Other players, feel free to add comments as to what you like to do too when you play the game, were you capable of choosing from upper shelf.

I tired to do a positive thread about this game, to find out why people play it and what they like about the game.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/glass-half-full-not-half-empty.6083/

I feel that if the developers knew what we liked about it and what made us play the game in the first place, they could develop those aspects
As you can see from the people who have answered so far, that there is a common theme from what they like

Last edited by a moderator:

Hugs

So, what I have seen from other posts, the "next" expansion/chapter should last up until maybe 500 provinces scouted... - which should give a place to "live comfortably" for hopefully most if not all the advanced players.

Rather than making it too time consuming or costly to scout/negotiate/fight through a province - you could make it so that the first province of the day was at a right price, i.e. with a difficulty comparable with what you intended in the other chapters. - BUT, doing the second one that day might be 100% more challenging... - and if you want to do a third new (i.e. not a tournament) province, it becomes an additional 100% more challenging. This way people will still be able to do at least some of what they actually like in the game... - or... you could not make them more challenging at all, just reduce the reward you get from the provinces in terms of relics and runes... - as I think I have understood that relics are not really that much of a problem for the top players anyway. We like to do the provinces, and get some expansions from time to time, that's it. Allow us to enjoy the game.
Don't fall into the trap of making the game harder for us, for then having to mitigate the hardship you have put on us with say new combat units... - if you did not make it harder in the first place, you did not have to spend time and resources on new exciting combat units.

I believe that giving help to neighbors is a good thing, and should be encouraged, but, when you get a lot of neighbors, it takes a lot of time to do so, time I believe that you would want to spend on more fun things. Therefore I suggest a new Ancient Wonder (or maybe it's an upgrade of an existing one, that you have to research to open up?) - that gives you the ability to start a special 12 hour mission, that will send out a "servant" each 5 minutes and give neighbor help to one randomly chosen neighbor that are open to receive help, and gives help to the highest culture building available in the city - and if no culture building is available, the help goes to the main hall if possible. This mission may have some kind of cost to start, and... the servant need to get his share, so you will only receive half of what you would have gotten if you actively visited that neighbor yourself. The neighbor on the other hand, receive the normal amount of help. This wonder will increase the amount of neighbor help given in the game, which will be a good and encouraging thing for all the players. Those that send out the servants on these missions would probably be happy as well, as they save time, while they can still be considered the friendly neighbor they would love to be.

Another nice new Ancient Wonder would be a "transformation wonder", that will allow players to change the look of a building for a price. Now, while this might sound frightening to those who have invested a lot of time making all the nice buildings and animations, there is a limit as to what kind of transformations you can do, and what kind of buildings you can transform.
* The easiest is transforming of culture buildings. You can only change the look of a culture building into a look that you have already unlocked, and that has the same footprint, i.e. a 3x4 building can only be transformed into the look of another 3x4 building. - the culture and other benefits from the building are not changed in the transformation process. The transformation may have a cost, but, it will hugely impact our ability to tailor the city into looking like we would like, and... it is a fantasy city builder right? - it would be good if it was our fantasy that was allowed to determine the look.
* When it comes to the other buildings, that change look when you level them up, it would be nice if you had some options to choose from. - but, it might be that there is a "footprint" requirement, meaning that you can only transform a building that has the target footprint. Since this is an ancient wonder for top players, the footprint is probably already given by the max level of a building of that kind - making it much fewer options to create for the artists. Some limited amounts of color variations on the look would be nice as well.
* I am pretty sure top players would be ok with having to research to unlock various looks on buildings, thereby giving Innogame something to put into the research tree, and keeping the players occupied with.

I even have a third idea for a new nice Ancient Wonder, and that is a wonder that will allow the user to prioritize which buildings he would most love to get help with, and ... when someone visit his city to give him help, there will be an arrow jumping over the highest prioritized building that is available for help.

I have read some players frankly tell that when you get into tier 3 goods production, because of the "production value compared to number of squares" a lot of players will then do the math, and move over to having only tier 3 goods production in their city. This makes the exchange rates said to be fair - all wrong at the trader for cross tier trades. I believe this should be mitigated in the new expansion, so that not only do the tier 3 goods cost 16 times more to produce, the tier 1 buildings are capable to scale up to the same footprint as the tier 3 factories, and accept missions for the same cost as the tier 3 factories, actually producing 16 times more goods than the tier 3 factories - maybe even 17 times more, so that there is a slight benefit of producing the basic goods, which are most in demand (since not all the players are top players)

Ok, this is my ideas, where I have tried to be constructive on where to go with the game.
The most important I still think are to find the answer to:
* Why do people actually like to play this game? - and what do we want to spend our time on?

And, I believe Innogame will realize, we are a kind player base, give us what we want, and allow us to play the game the way WE like to play it, let us feel WE are in control, and allow us to build our cities with OUR OWN fantasy within your framework, and we will happily continue playing, and probably also be willing to spend money on doing so as well.

I hope other players will add their ideas to this, so that it won't only be my thoughts, but a reflection of the ideas of the community.

Hugs

I have come up with even one more Ancient Wonder that would be awesome to get. This is a wonder with a 1x1 footprint, and it is simply a message pole to self. It allows you to write a reminder to yourself on what you want to do next, when you come back. Since this is not something very fancy, it also offers a nice amount of culture and people.

For those who try to mitigate some of the challenges by being restricted with simply making more characters, a message pole would be perfect. This is where you would write stuff like: "you are low on supplies, remember to use a formula on xxxxx before harvesting", or... "your next research target is yyyyy, where you are in need of zzzzzz - check up if you have been able to acquire that yet from the trader". - or other stuff that we find useful to remember when we log in again, as normally we try to plan a bit long term, but, switching between characters we might forget what this character was in need of, and had planned to do. Since the building does not have a very big footprint, it has a very visible red color, maybe with white stripes, so that it makes easy to find.

Or, it could be something that does not have a footprint at all, and be like a mail box, that you put in front of your main hall, "on" the main hall footprint, still with a quite visible design and color so you easily spot it when you log in :)

Another nice feature with this message pole, or ofc. the one that can send out a servant to give neighbor help, are that it adds a special small symbol in front of the names of the cities from where you have gotten help recently, giving away which cities that will also offer supplies when assisted.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1933

>>>Mail and Chat

No bb codes, trying to copy paste is a nightmare, trying to translate another players language is neigh onto impossible. Many fellowships are composed of many different international languages. So basically Communication within Elvenar is a major stumbling block.

>>> Trader

Totally Broken. Enough said.

>>>Expansions

Totally unrealistic and the expense has gotten atmospheric in price. On one world I am facing 6000 diamonds for one expansion and I have about 18 expansions to fill the map.

>>>Military

I have no clue what is happening with fighting in this game but as far as I am concerned it is a huge mess. Many different military buildings, a large number of military units, and huge amount of enemy combatants makes fighting disorganized chaos, at least for me, Trying to Auto-fight, forget it, I lose all the time, Trying to fight for provinces, Lose all the time. I like to fight when I know what I am doing and in Elvenar the fighting is a useless mess.

>>>Catering for Provinces

Can't afford it and it has gotten too expensive. Costing a huge amount. Useless now.

>>>Tools for city building

Next to none. Forced to accept one aspect to each building, cant rotate have little tools to customize each of our cities. Most cities look the same after awhile because of the severe limitations.

>>>Premium Buildings

Prices have gotten totally out of hand. I want to improve and build my city, make it bigger, invest and spend more money but not anymore. Innogames you are pricing yourselves out of reach, you are much too greedy now. I have spent allot of money both for me and for my family but really your expansions, and Premium buildings are for people who wish to pay to be at the top of the Point chart. Any rational player gets very tired of a greedy company that has effectively priced itself out of most players reach.

Quick fixs.

1) Fix the trader, stop being a crime syndicate and charge outrageous fees and trades.
2) More city editing tools.
3) Lower the costs of expansions and premium buildings
4) Fix the mail and chat
5) Allow profiles better avatar pictures
6) Simplify the messy fighting system.

Elvenar has a chance to become a truly great game but it has been bogged down with complexity.

I want to continue to play for a long time and I do not mind spending my money but I want a little value for my hard earned monies. Not spend $70.00 and receive one premium building and one expansion....REALLY.....and in the end after spending that monies what do I really get? A few colored pixels on a monitor. Your product has gotten much too expensive for what you are offering us.

DeletedUser736

I want to continue to play for a long time and I do not mind spending my money but I want a little value for my hard earned monies. Not spend $70.00 and receive one premium building and one expansion....REALLY.....and in the end after spending that monies what do I really get? A few colored pixels on a monitor. Your product has gotten much too expensive for what you are offering us.

I totally agree with that. I love Elvenar, I've been playing in the beta server since the very start, but one thing I never did was to buy diamonds. EVERY other "free" game I play or played, including Inno own Forge of Empire, I did spend money on. Elvenar is the only one I never spent on, and this post above is the exact reason I never did. You get basically nothing your your money.