• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Elvenar news -Gravity Inn continually popping up

Veeb

Game version: v1.73-(df5cec8) (2019-02-01 10:52)
HTML5 Yes/No: No
Game world: Beta1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Chrome x64
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.114
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1200
Account name: Beta1
Humans or Elves: Elves
Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)
Current situation:
The elvenar news keeps popping up. I initially clicked on it and opened in another tab but it keep randomly popping up again, even after I closed the second tab. Pops up when returning to page or throughout trading.
Reproduction Steps:
Any of the following
1. Open game
2. refresh page
3. Play game
4. Use trading
5. Use building upgrade
6. Click fellowship icon
7. Click Message icon

Doesn't appear on build icon
Seems to randomly happen whatever I'm doing but always when I return to the Elv tab from forum etc

Last edited:

DeletedUser2691

There are two notices related to the Gravity Inn (marked with red 'x' in picture below. Can you check your News popup and see if any of these have the word "New" on them? if so, please click on that tab. Please let us know if the popup continues after clicking on all tabs.

Gravity Inn Notice.jpg

Veeb

I'm really sorry I'm only just back on laptop as I play a lot on mobile to fit in with family life so I never got the chance to do this. I did try to click on the 1st tab to try and stop it but it still kept re-popping up. I doubt I tried any of the other tabs although I did notice there were several. I think it was instagram or something but I don't use it anyway.
I don't check those 'Newsy' messages as a rule. Sorry.

Veeb

The pop up did look like that from what I remember- Those colours for sure and about a chance to win the gravity inn.

Veeb

elve bug 2019.PNG
Just noticed I forgot to post the snip I took and yes it was Facebook!!!

Veeb

It seemsI only clicked the first tab and looking at the popup I never clicked on any of the other tabs as they all say 'new'. So I guess the bug is only reproducible if you don't click any of them, the same as I did?

DeletedUser2691

All the boxes that look like dimmed out pictures underneath the main window are tabs that have different News reports to show you. To indicate that a person has not clicked on it yet, there is a "New" graphic shown in the box with it. The "New" graphic disappears after you have clicked on that tab to view it. otherwise, the popup would continue showing letting you know there is still new news to view. :)

Multiple tabs.jpg

DeletedUser2691

I'm checking to see if this is by design or if there is another issue with this.

Veeb

I still think its a bug as not everyone wants to read those or would think of clicking on every tab to stop it?
You should change it to only popup once regardless of how many tabs there are or if any have been clicked?

Veeb

Usually if you close a pop up on first entering the game on that day that it closes when you ask it to and doesn't reopen unless you choose to click the news tab or whatever it was. Such as diamond offers etc

Veeb

The 'Constructs News' today closes as expected and does not pop up again under all of the previous triggers for the gravity building. So previous News must have been bugged.
bug constructs.PNG

DeletedUser2691

Ok, thanks for the update. let me know if it happens again